New Surround From Rob Reed (Magenta) - Chimpan A "The Empathy Machine" available now (CD/DTS DVD-V)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another (stereo/video) promo track from the album. :)

Coincidentally, it looks like the most popular suggestion for a free surround track was also "Speed of Love" (this was on my shortlist too) so I guess Rob will go with that. ...unless anyone has any last minute votes! ;)

Here's another (stereo/video) promo track from the album. :)

Coincidentally, it looks like the most popular suggestion for a free surround track was also "Speed of Love" (this was on my shortlist too) so I guess Rob will go with that. ...unless anyone has any last minute votes! ;)
Who is the gentleman in the video?
I have an inkling who it is but just to confirm....
An uncanny resemblance to me.....apart from the fact he has all his hair and doesn't wear glasses. :)

'Speed Of Love' is a very good song to appeal to a broader, cross section of potential listeners.

Who is the gentleman in the video?
I have an inkling who it is but just to confirm....
An uncanny resemblance to me.....apart from the fact he has all his hair and doesn't wear glasses. :)

'Speed Of Love' is a very good song to appeal to a broader, cross section of potential listeners.
Steve Balsamo
kPNpSSQdkdbQjPTzZ5uCgA-650-80.jpg

I have finally got round to listening to this.... now that I finally have 5.1 emanating from my NUC! :)

I haven't heard any Chimpan A, bar one track on a sampler I think. What a great album, both musically and the fantastic :51QQ mix. I'm not the greatest fan of spoken word in music but it just works on this album where it is used. This could well be a 10!

:unsure: I can hear the 'Supertramp keyboard sound' in "The World Through My Eyes", a nod I think to Chris Squire's Bass in "Scream" and that 'Portishead drum sound' through out. Will we get the first Chimpan A now as a surround mix? I hope so. :SG(y)

I bought the CD/DVD a few days ago from tigermothshop. I received a "Order receipt confirmation" via email. But, I haven't received any information on how to download the tracks. I replied to the confirmation email two days ago asking for instructions on how to download, but I haven't heard back. I have checked my spam folder.

With all the craziness in the world, I can understand that email responses may take longer than normal. But, I just wanted to check with you fine folks to ensure there wasn't something I was missing.

I am really looking forward to hearing it!

I bought the CD/DVD a few days ago from tigermothshop. I received a "Order receipt confirmation" via email. But, I haven't received any information on how to download the tracks. I replied to the confirmation email two days ago asking for instructions on how to download, but I haven't heard back. I have checked my spam folder.

With all the craziness in the world, I can understand that email responses may take longer than normal. But, I just wanted to check with you fine folks to ensure there wasn't something I was missing.

I am really looking forward to hearing it!

Nothing is wrong. It truly is because they are a very small label, and the current world situation. Same thing happened to me. I emailed them, and they got back to me with the link. It took a day or 2 if I recall.

SMS, don't fret, I am sure you will get your order in due time.
I am not sure if its not Rob R. himself doing many of the task's himself as through the years that I have ordered things from his website and the times when asking questions most times it was Rob R. replying.
Rob R. is a great artist as well as fantastic person to deal with.

I am excited as just got the Chimpan A download this morning. Can't wait to listen to it later today,:).

peter

GOS and Peter, thanks so much for taking the time to reply! I'm glad to hear there isn't something I forgot or missed.

How in the world does Rob find the time to write, perform, record, and mix all that wonderful music... in addition to answering emails! I am so thankful that he does!

Back