Mobile Fidelity Hybrid Stereo (and Mono) SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snood Interested :LB

But then again, Snood, for 30 bucks you could also buy a hell of a lot of Kosher Vanilla Fudge Ice Cream,
especially if it's on sale🤔

See the source image

MusicDirect has at last listed ELECTRIC WARRIOR . . . ok, so it may arrive Xmas this year or next, but I'm in for yet another version of this :rolleyes: .

https://www.musicdirect.com/optical-disc/T-Rex-Electric-Warrior-(Numbered-Hybrid-SACD)
Vanilla Fudge intrigued me, but I realized that I prefer -- and more importantly, listen more to -- the gold RCA stereo SURREALISTIC PILLOW over the mono MoFi, so I ordered a relative cheap stereo version of VF on the justification the money went toward MoFi EW.

Last edited:
MusicDirect has at last listed ELECTRIC WARRIOR . . . ok, so it may arrive Xmas this year or next, but I'm in for yet another version of this :rolleyes: .

https://www.musicdirect.com/optical-disc/T-Rex-Electric-Warrior-(Numbered-Hybrid-SACD)
Vanilla Fudge intrigued me, but I realized that I prefer -- and more importantly, listen more to -- the gold RCA stereo SURREALISTIC PILLOW over the mono MoFi, so I ordered a relative cheap stereo version of VF on the justification the money went toward MoFi EW.
Vanilla Fudge intrigued me too.

Kudos to Music Direct for great customer service. My J. Geils SACD was shipped by them on 2/4. I believe it did ship then. USPS has said it's "in transit" since 2/11 w/no updates. I gave it three weeks for delivery, 30 miles from Music Direct. I first spoke with Music Direct yesterday afternoon. They sent a new copy of J. Geils. I expect to receive it, a mono SACD of Surrealistic Pillow, and 2 AP jazz SACD's today.

Great customer service, Music Direct/MoFi! Thanks!

PS: it all showed up.

Last edited:
I ordered from MOFI yesterday, I like those low release #'s. I ordered a total of 5, 4 on sale.

UDSACD2209T. Rex - Electric Warrior Hybrid SACD1$29.99$29.99
UDSACD2036Marshall Crenshaw - Marshall Crenshaw Hybrid SACD1$14.99$14.99
UDSACD2113Count Basie - Live at the Sands (Before Frank) Hybrid SACD1$19.99$19.99
UDSACD2069Los Lobos - Kiko Hybrid SACD1$19.99$19.99
UDSACD2161Ry Cooder - Chicken Skin Music Hybrid SACD1$19.99$19.99
Subtotal:​
$104.95
Sales Tax (9.00%):​
$9.45
Shipping Cost:​
$9.99
Grand Total:​
$124.39

Must admit -- I did a GOS on this one! I knew I had tried to order it, although it wasn't available yet through MoFi, so when they finally released it, I ordered immediately.

Somehow I had forgotten I had a much better deal at Music Direct, so when I got a shipping notice today, guess what?

Out of 2500 copies I'll have two LOL. I do believe it will become valuable over time, however -- and what a great gift it would be! Just the higher # :p.

Listening now to T Rex, Hybrid SACD stereo DSD64, Bitrate 5644, Dr values three 10's, seven 11's and one 12. (DVD-A mostly 14's and 15's).
OK, forget all that. This will be my go to listen, I like it better than the DVD-A 5.1.
Width of sound stage is fairly wide. Vocals dead center and R/L speakers carry a lot of good information, guitars, hand claps, drums, bass, all that stuff sounds great.
OK, forget all that. Good music and an iconic album remastered very well.
Must be a popular title as I always order direct from MOFI so I can get those low edition numbers, not this time, 916.
CMOB_2209_SA__149319__02252020101729-4828.jpg

Listening now to T Rex, Hybrid SACD stereo DSD64, Bitrate 5644, Dr values three 10's, seven 11's and one 12. (DVD-A mostly 14's and 15's).
OK, forget all that. This will be my go to listen, I like it better than the DVD-A 5.1.
Width of sound stage is fairly wide. Vocals dead center and R/L speakers carry a lot of good information, guitars, hand claps, drums, bass, all that stuff sounds great.
Must be a popular title as I always order direct from MOFI so I can get those low edition numbers, not this time, 916.
View attachment 49246

Markie, did you try the stereo layer of the DVD~A.....It's 192/24. Just sayin' IMO, would be a better comparison.

View attachment 49246
I think I have number 126 or something like that.

I'm wondering about the VAnilla Fudge SACD that you can pre-order...yet it says release date TBA. Is there any value in pre-ordering now? I suppose it's possible it could "sell out" before the TBA date is announced? Hmmmm. Guess I answered my own question. I'm going to place my order.

Back