Looking Forward to 2020.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see no point in wasting time working yourself up to what might be released. It's far better to just get on with life and enjoy the surprise when something actually gets released.

I know it might seem better to live in a rose tinted world where you've built yourself up expecting something that may never actually appear, but opening the window and enjoying the smell of fresh air is so much more enjoyable.
I know you’re new here, so welcome. But you’ve got it all wrong. Here at QQ we don’t consider it a waste of time to predict future releases nor do we like to suppress expectations. It’s all part of the fun associated with this great hobby of ours. Heaven forbid you read the suggested next Dutton-Vocalion release thread!

Here at QQ we don’t consider it a waste of time to predict future releases nor do we like to suppress expectations. It’s all part of the fun associated with this great hobby of ours. Heaven forbid you read the suggested next Dutton-Vocalion release thread!
Gosh, if you were to expunge all speculation from these threads, I dare say you might evaporate 50% of the content. I wonder!

I am very excited and optimistic for a great 2020 in Surround releases!

We are entering my favorite era for music, with the hope that all the titles hitting 50 in the next decade have the chance for a surround release.
Sure we've endured some heartbreaking misses for the late 60's period, but not everything has to be tied to an anniversary date.

With continued releases similar to the Sony SACDs of Live Evil; more Atmos titles anew like KWS's "the Traveler" and of course the smokin' hot Choo-Choo train of Dutton Vocalion, we should feel very fortunate.

There's plenty of Bitching that goes on here for the lack of Surround titles; but if you make an effort like a Honey Badger to dig up what's already out there, time reveals itself as the real Bitch.

Now if they'd just do as Snood 🤩 suggests -

Funk Me!

:QQlove

Last edited:
I am very excited and optimistic for a great 2020 in Surround releases!

We are entering my favorite era for music, with the hope that all the titles hitting 50 in next decade have the chance for a surround release.
Sure we've endured some heartbreaking misses for the late 60's period, but not everything has to be tied to an anniversary date.

With continued releases similar to the Sony SACDs of Live Evil; more Atmos titles anew like KWS's "the Traveler" and of course the smokin' hot Choo-Choo train of Dutton Vocalion, we should feel very fortunate.

There's plenty of Bitching that goes on here for the lack of Surround titles; but if you make an effort like a Honey Badger to dig up what's already out there, time reveals itself as the real Bitch.

Now if they'd just do as Snood 🤩 suggests -

Funk Me!

:QQlove

Don't tempt me, Pupster 🐶 !

“Mother Russia” in 5.1? I’m there!

BTW, there’s also always room for surprises that come totally out of the blue: think 2019’s “Electric Ladyland.” I personally would love to see Wendy Carlos in Quad(although she also could potentially be quite cool through the Surround Master2!).
The song "Mother Russia" from the album: Songs from the Big Chair, has been available in 5.1 as a Blu-ray Pure Audio release for several years now.

The song "Mother Russia" from the album: Songs from the Big Chair, has been available in 5.1 as a Blu-ray Pure Audio release for several years now.

We're talking about a song on the album "Turn of the Cards" by Renaissance, whereas you are talking about the song "Listen" by Tears For Fears.

Reactions: GOS
I'm definitely wondering what classic releases (with surround sound) will be postponed or cancelled due to the economic effects of coronavirus.
Some I'm not that concerned about. For example, Marillion are already moving forward with the remixing of "Fugazi", Esoteric & Cherry Red have confirmed that they will continue to remix and reissue classic Alan Parsons Project albums, and I'm sure as long as the tapes show up, Steven Wilson will continue to remix more XTC albums in surround sound.
However, it's the long completed and still unreleased projects that concern me most. Things like "Animals" by Pink Floyd & (especially) "The Seeds of Love" by Tears for Fears. I would hope that these bands and labels will feel compelled to finally release these mixes after all of this, but I'm not so sure at the moment...

:oops:

I think now is the situation to do mixes as no one can play live. But the releases could need some extra time...
Steven Wilson can do more right now....

Yep, besides the aforementioned XTC, some other releases are a no-brainer for Steven Wilson to remix. Albums like "Free Hand" and "Interview" from Gentle Giant (in CD/Blu-Ray packages) and "A" from Jethro Tull. I also want more Roxy Music remixes, but since it took forever to get the first album released, I'm not sure how long it will take for more remixes from them to come to fruition.

:oops:

I laughed RT when I saw your title "Looking Forward to 2020". Who knew this wasn't the year to look forward to with COVID-19.
It seems this year we started out with a bang in surround but I think it will end slow.
If any of those big expectations don't materialize this year we would all understand.
This year I hope to tweak my machine a bit and get ready for the new surround discs to arrive next year.

That figures if they do Interview and Free Hand on Bluray.
I recently bought them both on Chrysalis DVD-V .
Neither sound earth shattering m

Back