Any Sansui QRX-7500 owners out there?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickm

I've had it for awhile and finally found someone to work on it and the rest my vintage equipment locally. Suppose to be very good at what he does so I'm having him go thru it and bring it back to life. Looking for advice on any mods that can or need to be done to a QRX-7500 that I should know about. Next he's doing an Eico ST70 tube amp and matching tuner that I've found a fairly comprehensive list of mods that should be done to it but nothing on the Qrx7500...Thanks

There are replacement Dial Lights that won't burn out. The dial lights are very labor intensive to replace, so if your repair guy has the LED type, or any other type than a filament type, you may want him to replace the bulbs.

BTW, I bought my QRX-7500 off of a person on e-bay for $329.00. It had a few electronics related problems with it that prevented sound from coming out of a couple of channels. I replaced the Line Input potentiometer in the center of the front panel (boy was that a job) and a couple of bad signal coupling capacitors on the tone control board at the top left of the receiver. Also many of the dial lights were out. All the push button switches also needed cleaning. I still have to figure out why the Stereo light doesn't work (it's not the light bulb; I replaced it). My guess is that the whole receiver needs to have all of the capacitors replaced. I see evidence of the electrolyte oozing out of the capacitors at the bottom onto the circuit board. Also, whoever owned my receiver was a smoker, and the entire inside is coated with a coating of sticky cigarette residue.

Back