Help with DVD creating software for Multi-Chanel FLAC to DVD-V 96/24 kHz

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranasakawa

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I want to create my own 96/24 kHz DVD-Vs from an existing 'FLAC' 96/24 kHz surround encoded files.

Is there such a software that can create a DVD such as this? My Nero doesn't seem to be able to do this. I don't want DVD-As as not all my players can play DVD-A.

Any ideas?

Audiomuxer may do a DVDV using PCM (wav) but you'd probably need to convert 5.1 96/24 FLAC to 48/16 wav. I'm not sure if DVDV can have 5.1 wav although it probably can.

I've created DVDVs with Audiomuxer from 5.1 FLAC converted to DTS 5.1. That's how I play 5.1 in my car. (DTS is lossy of course)

I've had great luck with copying the flac files to the dvd. These play back as gapless, multichannel discs in all my players. May not play in all players though. Recommend you try a dvd-rw first to see if it works in your setup(s).

This is something I need to figure out myself as well. My wife's car crapped out and we got her a used 2014 Audi A5. We lucked out with it as it only had 23K miles on it. The manual says it plays surround DVD discs, but not DVD-Audio discs. One of the things on my list of shit to do is to create a surround test DVD to see if the car does in fact do 5.1, but I have to make it a DVD. I was under the impression that the audio had to be 24/48. Is that correct?

But once it's a 24/48 wav file, getting it onto the DVD, does that have to be done in a special way or can you just copy the files to a DVD-R like you were going to store them there. When I give it a shot I will report back. Maybe I'll try it this weekend.

sounds like George just copies his flac tracs to dvd and it works , which is freakin too easy, I am going to have to try that but what I have done is convert whatever with foobar to individual flac tracks, then load all of the tracks into audiomuxer audio conversion tab and convert to AC3 and resample to 48, I will then make sure all the AC3 tracks are tagged as the track title and them load them all up into audiomuxer again in the main window on the left side, I will put whatever picture on the right side where it says select image, then tick encode images to video ntsc hit mux to dvd and it will do the video TS folder into wherever you want it to go, then I open up imgburn, build an image with that folder, then burn the image to dvdr . I'm sure there are ways with less steps but that's what I do and it plays flawlessly every time nowhere near the audio quality of a dvda but I give those to peeps who don't have the dvda capability.

I use windows explorer to copy the flac files (5.1 24/96k) to the dvd. Flac files are handled like a text file. I was especially pleased when they played gaplessly.

Just for kicks I included the folder file and the album art came up while I played this on VLC and Media Player Classic. Both were 5.1. Foobar recognized the six channel 96k files. I copied asylum and dreamer from an excellent supertramp album I came by just recently. Guess I'll try the disc on my oppo to see if the artwork shows on it. The oppo plays the artwork as well.

Last edited:
But once it's a 24/48 wav file, getting it onto the DVD, does that have to be done in a special way

Audiomuxer will create a DVDV ISO from dts file’s created by Surcode DTS encoder for DVD. You can add title text and album art that displays on the A5 mmi screen. I got a guy to enable playing video while my car is moving. By default the screen goes blank when playing a DVD when car is running.

I'd be happy to explain any details to the process I use. Like Kevin says, its too freakin easy. I don't have any dvd players it doesn't work on, but some may exist. That's why I recommend using a re-writable dvd to check out your system.

Audiomuxer will create a DVDV ISO from dts file’s created by Surcode DTS encoder for DVD. You can add title text and album art that displays on the A5 mmi screen. I got a guy to enable playing video while my car is moving. By default the screen goes blank when playing a DVD when car is running.
I've got Surcode CD Pro DTS and that seems about useless for anything that I can tell; I believe you need the full blown Surcode DTS encoder (read-expensive) version to make 24/96 dts don't you?

George I am definitely going to try your process because it just seems way too easy. And you are playing these discs in stand alone dvd players? not just on pc based programs?

Hey Pup all of the Minnetonka software (Discwelder, Surcode MLP, Surecode DTS) is classified as abandonware which means it's free, open source, feel free to pm me for more info. I never heard of that pro dts cd program though.

Yeah. I did a test tonight just to make sure I wasn't imagining the whole thing. Played it on the oppo. The music played in 5.1 and the artwork showed. I've mentioned this method twice before over the last couple years, but no one seemed interested. The original poster of this thread was asking for a method fulfilled specifically by my method so I offered it up again.

You use windows explorer and copy and paste 5.1 24/96k flac files onto your disc drive. A window pops up asking if you want to burn as a USB or as a DVD. Choose DVD. Then burn disc. It takes a couple minutes and voila, you have a data disc that plays 5.1 24/96k audio files gaplessly. They sound great too with no compression (MLP). Akin to blu-ray quality.

Please give it a try. if you use a re-writeable dvd you have nothing but five minutes to lose.

Choose DVD. Then burn disc. It takes a couple minutes and voila, you have a data disc that plays 5.1 24/96k audio files gaplessly. They sound great too with no compression (MLP). Akin to blu-ray quality.
That's incredible that Windows can create a DVD-A. It didn't ask for whether you wanted DVD-V or DVD-A? The result must be a DVD-A, since the DVD-V format has no MLP (lossless) audio option.

Also, I assume this is Windows 10 you're using. I need to hook up a USB DVD burner to one of my Windows 10 machines and check this out!

Back