Fiona Apple's latest "Fetch the bolt cutters" on LP

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I was never into her until a few years back when "Extraordinary Machine" struck several chords with me.
I really enjoy her wackiness - now I am being reminded of that by Beck (not Jeff)...

Wanted to listen to her latest but it's only in 48/24 in HDtracks and today I gor an email from Discogs announcing the release on double LP, so , even though I am sure it will be sourced from the same 48/24 files, it's 2 slabs with extra packaging...

Here is the link if anyone's interested...

Peace!

I was never into her until a few years back when "Extraordinary Machine" struck several chords with me.
I really enjoy her wackiness - now I am being reminded of that by Beck (not Jeff)...

Wanted to listen to her latest but it's only in 48/24 in HDtracks and today I gor an email from Discogs announcing the release on double LP, so , even though I am sure it will be sourced from the same 48/24 files, it's 2 slabs with extra packaging...

Here is the link if anyone's interested...

Peace!
I was never into her until a certain guy shared "Extraordinary Machine" with me. I got a copy last week of her newest record and stopped playing it without even finishing it. What a weird album this is! I gave it another chance couple of days and all of a sudden it clicked and I'm playing it almost non stop since then.
I was doing the ironing this morning with headphones on, paying attention to the lyrics, and when my son stopped his online school, I blasted it on the loudspeakers. You should have seen my wife's face when she listened to it, not for the general public taste, I guess.
Anyway, it reminded me of you a lot, dear Kap'n. Fiona is like a modern female incarnation of Syd Barrett.

IF true, I would love it then!! So, how does the vinyl sound?
When I wrote "copy", I meant a crappy mp3 file :oops:
With all this lockdown mess, I've stopped buying any physical music until the situation settles down a bit. Amazon Spain diverted most of his delivery staff to food and priority items and Amazon UK and Burningshed are using Royal Mail that, with job reductions both in UK and Spain, has become unreliable and very slow. Fortunately, it's seems situation is improving and maybe in a short time I will resume buying all the releases I missed so far (Ammonia, Script, Gigaton, Fetch the bolt cutters, etc). Besides, we've only have one salary at home now, so must be extra cautious with the expenses

I highly recommend her "When the pawn..." album. It has much more of a rock band feel, with higher fidelity production. Incredible drumming by Matt Chamberlain as well. I thought she was strange. Then I met her and I knew she was! :SB

kap'n, you're just a sucker for hot chicks

and oh how hot Fiona is

but when I look at all my music files I don't have any Fiona

and that's weird cause I did like her when I was younger

the weird thing is, every time I think of her I think of her pearly blues and this song

Last edited:
kap'n, you're just a sucker for hot chicks

and oh how hot Fiona is

but when I look at all my music files I don't have any Fiona

and that's weird cause I did like her when I was younger

the weird thing is, every time I think of her I think of her pearly blues and this song

hmm, not just "hot" chicks.. I like WOMEN who "give mind" if you catch my drift.... ;)

Jim Keltner on drums, Mike Elizondo on upright bass. Produced by, strings arranged by Jon Brion.
This was 1999, so she would've been 20 or 21 when it was recorded. Fantastic vocal performance, especially the last verse. Goodness.

Last edited:
Back