The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Catching up...IPA time this evening:
Ex Novo - Some Things Last a Long Time NEIPA
[IMG]

Ex Novo - Spirits of the Dead NEIPA
[IMG]

La Cumbre - Community dbl dbl NEDIPA
[IMG]

With the home-brew equipment in storage at the moment and 2 empty spots in the kegerator we got two fills over at Boxing Bear - Standing 8 Stout and Oso Otoño Oatmeal Brown Ale. I'd thought of filling one keg with an IPA but thought with so many good ones out there it'd be better to have both kegs with stuff Mrs D enjoys as well.

Stopped by Ex Novo earlier and came away with a small haul - a crowler of "Fruits & Cats & Fruits & Cats" fruited IPA, a few 4-packs of their just canned "Elbow Bump" IPA dbl dry-hopped with simcoe, nelson and amarillo, and a single can of "Bock Holliday" to try out.
[IMG]

Sharing with Mrs D - not a sour today....a crowler of Toltec Brewing "Marvin the Märzen" (5.4% abv)...good beer, love the name too, cartoon memories!
[IMG]

cracked my 2015 The Lost Abbey Judgement Day Ale (BelgianQuad). Super tasty and everything you want in a big Belgian. Probably hot young since it is super smooth right now.

cracked my 2015 The Lost Abbey Judgement Day Ale (BelgianQuad). Super tasty and everything you want in a big Belgian. Probably hot young since it is super smooth right now.
Mrs D just loves those Belgian brews....I like a little glass from her stash, nice way to share.

First take on this just canned Ex Novo "Elbow Bump" NEIPA (7.0% abv). Juicy, very juicy up front, but going down there's a great little bite of dank. If I was blindfolded I might guess it was from La Cumbre....and that is of course a pretty good compliment around this town.
[IMG]

well I decided to venture out from the Michigan beer scene. Not sure why. Have 46 microbreweries within 25 miles of my house. So much good beer, so little time ( and liver ) . Trying this Triple from California.

sierra.jpg

well I decided to venture out from the Michigan beer scene. Not sure why. Have 46 microbreweries within 25 miles of my house. So much good beer, so little time ( and liver ) . Trying this Triple from California.

I try to get at least one "Hoptimum" each release...packs a wallop and almost always at minimum a VG+.

Sharing a can with Mrs D....Ex Novo "Bock Holliday" (7.3% abv, 30 ibu). I had got just a single to try, but really, the quality that these guys put out I should have got the 4-pack (or two)...oh well, another short drive to Corrales this weekend to get 'em before they're gone.
[IMG]

On the way back from Ex Novo I drove by Brew Lab 101 and stopped to get some "supplies." I really like this brewery...the owner/brewer is a former home-brew guy living his dream of going pro...he does great stuff, at every home-brew competition he would win several awards for his work, and very deservedly. really like to support him right now when things are difficult.....

"The Bull" IPA (7.0% abc, 80 ibu)
[IMG]

"Wicked Pissa" NEIPA (6.5% abc, 55 ibu)
[IMG]

Yesterday we paid a visit to one of the other home brewers....he was "overstocked" and sent us home with a bunch of stuff....5 gallon keg of raspberry cider, 3 gallon keg of mead, 5 gallon keg of kolsch, another keg with almost 2 gallons of doppelbock and two 6-packs of assorted stuff he had bottled. Quite the haul!

Poured myself a small glass from one of the kegs we already had on the go - Boxing Bear "Oso Otoño" oatmeal brown ale.
[IMG]

Back