HiRez Poll Metheny, Pat - IMAGINARY DAY [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Pat Metheny - IMAGINARY DAY

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters
Astonishing to me that our fredblue, who seemingly never heard a surround album he didn't like, recorded one of the two lowest votes. 😲
Not a mellow new-age jazz fan? 😴
;)

Just last week got a mint sealed cut-out on discogs for $29 shipped.

Perusing the unique "secret code" graphics of the sleeve design, something along the jewel case spine caught my eye.
A small insect had crawled into the saw-cut and is now at eternal rest in a transparent mausoleum. 🐜

Astonishing to me that our fredblue, who seemingly never heard a surround album he didn't like, recorded one of the two lowest votes. 😲
;)

Perusing the unique "secret code" graphics of the sleeve design, something along the jewel case spine caught my eye.
A small insect had crawled into the saw-cut and is now at eternal rest in a transparent mausoleum. 🐜
I saw that also about the Madman Across The Water; and am equally baffugled 😮

I’m aggravated that I bought the video DVD. At least it was cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

;)

blimey you're right! a "7"!! 😱 mellow jazz is usually my kinda thing! i'll have to revisit this one pronto!! thanks for the jolt! 👍

Being my favorite musician, the 2 most astounding cd's of his are Imaginary Day and Secret Story. But to appreciate them, one really needs to listen to them on a system with a great bottom end. On "Roots of Coincidence " the large drum should be a visceral pounding to your body.

Totally agree. IMO, Imaginary Day IS an audiophile recording with a superb MLP DVD~A 5.1 remix. Perfection!

Being my favorite musician, the 2 most astounding cd's of his are Imaginary Day and Secret Story. But to appreciate them, one really needs to listen to them on a system with a great bottom end. On "Roots of Coincidence " the large drum should be a visceral pounding to your body.

who doesn't enjoy a visceral pounding with a great bottom end!! wocka! 🤣 i'll be playing this disc a lot more often now, thanks to the "QQ Poll Prod"! 😝

In my mind, Lyle Mays will always be a keyboard legend.

See the source image

Another RIP for Lyle Mays. Such an important musician.

I had not realized that Imaginary Day exists in a mutichannel live version. Just ordered the US DVD, which from Discogs seems to also include the DVD-A tracks. (Please correct me if that is wrong...).
It is just one of the many Pat Metheny albums I came to love since the beginnings (all on lp or cd depending on the dates...). I look forward to hearing this mix.
(I also just ordered The Unity Sessions Live bluray - which is also multichannel. The music and sound on the red-book CD is excellent, so fully expect the bluray to take that to a new level. The live recording / filming was done without an audience).

And for fans, the latest Metheny release - From This Place - (so far only on red-book CD and two channel download ASFAIK), is great too.

I had not realized that Imaginary Day exists in a mutichannel live version. Just ordered the US DVD, which from Discogs seems to also include the DVD-A tracks. (Please correct me if that is wrong...).
It is just one of the many Pat Metheny albums I came to love since the beginnings (all on lp or cd depending on the dates...). I look forward to hearing this mix.
(I also just ordered The Unity Sessions Live bluray - which is also multichannel. The music and sound on the red-book CD is excellent, so fully expect the bluray to take that to a new level. The live recording / filming was done without an audience).

And for fans, the latest Metheny release - From This Place - (so far only on red-book CD and two channel download ASFAIK), is great too.

I wasn't aware of the "live in studio" Unity Sessions disc. I'll be interested to hear your report, as even the Audiophile Audition review doesn't really speak to the quality of the surround mix.

Which version of the "DVD"? Post a link...the DVD-A is to die for ..the DVD "LIVE" is a concert with a great lossy mch mix but not nearly the same as the DVD-A

I wasn't aware of the "live in studio" Unity Sessions disc. I'll be interested to hear your report, as even the Audiophile Audition review doesn't really speak to the quality of the surround mix.
I'm very interested in this also, it's got "Two Folk Songs" on it from the 80/81 album (typo on discogs!)

Back