• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Official QQ Sales, Vouchers, Coupons and Discount Codes Megathread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15% Off Sale on 14 DSD Albums featuring the Music of Jazz Great Bill Evans
Worth checking out if you don't have these Jazz albums in your collection!

xBill-Evans-on-Piano.jpg.pagespeed.ic.8ICmo0Noh0.webp.jpg

Bill Evans In The Spotlight - 15% Off DSD Sale!

In honor of International Jazz Day, NativeDSD has launched a new sale of 14 Jazz DSD releases dedicated to one of the geniuses of Jazz - Bill Evans.

The Bill Evans DSD Sale includes:
  • 3 DSD Albums featuring Bill Evans performing
  • 9 DSD Albums featuring compositions by Bill Evans performed by other musicians
  • 2 DSD Albums that are compilations with music from Bill Evans
All of these DSD Jazz albums are now on sale at 15% Off through May 15, 2020.
Use code BILLEVANS at the Native DSD Music Store and the savings are yours.

Featured Music labels in the Bill Evans DSD Sale are 2xHD Mastering, Aliud Records, Fone Jazz, Groove Note Records USA, Resonance Records, and Turtle Records.
Click on the link below for a complete list of the sale albums.

https://www.nativedsd.com/information/bill-evans-in-the-spotlight

Reactions: GOS
20% Off Album of the Week - The Rite of Spring performed by the RCO conducted by Daniele Gatti in Multichannel & Stereo DSD
(This is a DSD Exclusive, Not Available on SACD release).

Use code AOTW thru May 15, 2020, to get the savings.

AOTW_homepage_banner10.jpg

20% Off Album of the Week - The Rite of Spring

This week, NativeDSD is offering our listeners a 20% discount on "Le Sacre du Printemps" (The Rite of Spring) performed by The Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra conducted by Daniele Gatti on RCO Live. To make things really interesting, NativeDSD is also releasing a new Stereo DSD 512 edition of this performance, just in time for the sale.

Roy Westbrook from MusicWeb International says "Gatti is a sure guide through these demanding works – he uses no score for any of them – and the orchestra plays immaculately throughout. Many orchestral concert albums are at least an enjoyable souvenir of a live occasion. But this album has performances good enough to take it into another league."

RCO's The Rite of Spring is available in Stereo and Multichannel DSD (up to DSD 256), DXD, and Stereo DSD 512 at the Native DSD Music store. Use offer code AOTW thru May 15, 2020, to get a 20% savings on this excellent album.

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/RCO17007-le-sacre-du-printemps

Acoustic Sounds still has 15% off on downloads and just for fun, I filtered down to multi-channel Flacs and came up with these that have been released in the first quarter of 2020. Nearly all classical in nature, but nonetheless....

New Arrivals multi-channel Acoustic Sounds

many labels have chosen to put a hold on new releases for the time being. I'm sure will see lots more in a little. The 15% deal might not stick around for that though...

Acoustic Sounds still has 15% off on downloads and just for fun, I filtered down to multi-channel Flacs and came up with these that have been released in the first quarter of 2020. Nearly all classical in nature, but nonetheless....

New Arrivals multi-channel Acoustic Sounds

I'll keep hawking this title--the only Dolby Atmos download that I know of (so far). At $29.73 with the discount, it's at least a little more affordable. And it's a really good, immersive listen:

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/..._Desert-FLAC_Multichannel_96kHz24bit_Download
(Listen to it first--in stereo--on Bandcamp if you like. It's also worth remarking that Cantaloupe is an artist-run label.)

I'll keep hawking this title--the only Dolby Atmos download that I know of (so far). At $29.73 with the discount, it's at least a little more affordable. And it's a really good, immersive listen:

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/..._Desert-FLAC_Multichannel_96kHz24bit_Download
(Listen to it first--in stereo--on Bandcamp if you like. It's also worth remarking that Cantaloupe is an artist-run label.)

Luther's Becoming Ocean is a stellar album (for those who enjoy this type of music). I'm sure this one is equally superb.

Also available on CD/ 5.1 DVD combo.
$17.51 USD https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QZV4QQL?tag=smarturl-pivot-20
$25.00 USD Become Desert - John Luther Adams & Seattle Symphony - Bang on a Can

Cantaloupe Records (Bang on a Can's house label) also has a Bandcamp store. Here are the JLA titles. Canticles of the Holy Wind was also briefly available in a surround version--on Primephonic only, before they stopped selling downloads to concentrate on streaming. I'm not sure what Cantaloupe's plans are for that mix.

Another small label that has promoted JLA's music--his chamber music, particularly--is Cold Blue Music. Their 2018 release of the JACK Quartet's recording of Everything That Rises Must Converge is also available for download from Acoustic Sounds in a multichannel mix. (Use sale code SUPER15.)

Before laying out another $25 for a piece I already own in stereo (even at 15% off, Acoustic Sounds charges too much for high-res downloads), I wrote to Cold Blue yesterday to ask whether this was a "room ambiance" mix or one with discrete elements. By the end of the day I'd heard back from the label head, who passed along this word from the recording engineer:

“The Everything That Rises 5.1 is way better than the stereo mix. We recorded the quartet in true quad. Let him know that Morten Lindberg at 2L is a friend, and you can share this picture from the session with him to get a sense of how the microphones were placed.”​

Downloading now, and can't wait to hear it. Photo from the recording session below. Here's a featured review from the I Care If You Listen blog.

Oh--almost forgot: the other thing he told me is that Cold Blue will release a new John Luther Adams recording, Lines Made By Walking, also performed by the JACK Quartet, on September 22nd. This one will be available in Atmos!

image001.jpg

Last edited:
20% Off Trova Caminhada by Portuguese Singer, Guitarist and Composer Rafael Fraga in DSD Multichannel & DSD Stereo.
Use offer code AOTW through May 22, 2020, to get the savings. Recommended. (DSD Exclusive, Not Available on SACD release).

AOTW_homepage_banner11.jpg

20% Off Album of the Week - Trova Caminhada

Our Album of the Week is Trova Caminhada by Portuguese singer, composer and guitarist Rafael Fraga from TRPTK. This is a wonderful World Music album featuring 13 songs and almost one hour of music composed by the artist.

Stereo Magazine named Trova Caminhada their Album of the Month for music lovers and audiophiles. Matthias Bode says “His buttery smooth but clear voice was recorded very truthfully. The three dimensionality and lifelikeness of the recording without any digital artifacts raise all sorts of new standards. A masterpiece!”

Rafael Fraga tells us “The word “Trova” carries different meanings - sometimes music, others poetry, from the European Middle Ages to Contemporary Cuban music. For me, it evokes the capacity to express something powerful, authentic, and meaningful: a cry that puts things in motion - the “Caminhada”, which literally means “walking”, or even better “outing”.

This “Trova Caminhada” departs from the sinuous road, filled with memories, pain, and joyful celebration. It puts in perspective my adulthood, in more than 15 years of songwriting, as “Plano Secreto” was written in 1999 and “A Ginga da Morna” in 2016, and the remaining songs written in between. Until now, I made a career as guitarist and arranger. This album is a personal, landmark, in which I fully embrace the role of vocalist.

This album is only made possible due to the dedication and generosity of my fellow Quartet musicians: Aki (an Italian from Sicily), Marko (half- Finn Dutch), and Efraim (German). Our eclectic musical and cultural backgrounds met in a space of absolute harmony, resulting in a profound friendship. These wonderful musicians allowed me the most fertile ground of artistic expression, and their creative input was essential to bring this album to a higher level. My gratitude is enormous, and I smile every time I think of any of them.”

Trova Caminhada is available in Stereo and Multichannel DSD 64, DSD 128, DSD 256, and DXD. It is a DSD Exclusive, Not Available on SACD Release. This week NativeDSD is making the album available in Stereo DSD 512, exclusively at the NativeDSD Music Store. Save 20% on the album through May 22, 2020, with offer code AOTW.

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/TTK0014-trova-caminhada

Last edited:
Back