HiRez Poll Marley, Bob - LEGEND (30th Anniversary) [BluRay Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Bob Marley - LEGEND (30th Anniversary Edition)

• 5 -

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 -

• 3 -

• 2 -

• 1 - Bad Fidelity, Bad Surround Bad Content

• Total voters
I tried to rip this last year but I ended up with a huge track. Normally when I rip a BDA with MakeMKV and then extract the audio with DVD-AE I can get individual tracks but not so with this one. Anybody else encountered this problem?

I tried to rip this last year but I ended up with a huge track. Normally when I rip a BDA with MakeMKV and then extract the audio with DVD-AE I can get individual tracks but not so with this one. Anybody else encountered this problem?

No, but I didn't use MakeMKV, I only used DVD-Audio Extractor and all worked fine.

You were able to extract the audio directly using DVD-AE? I thought all blu rays had to be decrypted first? I'll give it a go in the morning... maybe I need to update my copy of the programme!
They do, I have a program that works in the background of DVD-AE called DVDFab Passkey that decrypts automatically when I load a disc like that. I should have said that.....since it works in the background, I forgot I had it.

They do, I have a program that works in the background of DVD-AE called DVDFab Passkey that decrypts automatically when I load a disc like that. I should have said that.....since it works in the background, I forgot I had it.

Ah, I see. That'll be why you can rip without using MakeMKV. Still, your way allows you to extract individual tracks so I'll see if I can download a free trial of DVDFab Passkey so I can extract the individual tracks myself using DVD-AE - who know, if it turns out to be a simpler and better process I might just buy the software anyway :)

Ah, I see. That'll be why you can rip without using MakeMKV. Still, your way allows you to extract individual tracks so I'll see if I can download a free trial of DVDFab Passkey so I can extract the individual tracks myself using DVD-AE - who know, if it turns out to be a simpler and better process I might just buy the software anyway :)
It has to be something other than using DVDFab. Its been a while, so I don't remember the specifics, but I ripped this title using MakeMKV with no difficulties and the tracks are separate.

I use AnyDVD instead of DVDFab, but it sounds like I get the same results as GOS (not sure how the subscription prices compare, but you can probably get free trials of each)

Last edited:
Interesting, in Exodus there's a part "movement of Jah people" where Bob Clearmountain puts the mix in the FR and FL channels and they have the same Frampton Come's Alive! effect (vocal/guitar morph) that Peter does on the song "Do You Feel Like We Do"

He sings "Do you feel like we do?" through the talk box in the midst of his extended guitar solo.

wikipedia says Frampton Come's Alive! was released in 1976 and Exodus was released in 1977 so interesting to think Bob Marley and Co heard Frampton Come's Alive and used that same talk box effect on Exodus. Funny how Third world Reggae and American pop/rock was so universal. Or was it Bob Clearmountain who resurrected the effect for the 5.1 mix?

Last edited:
I voted a 9 but considering changing to a 10.

I need one of you to tell me why I shouldn't change my vote.

IOW, what are any of the flaws that would keep me from voting a perfect ten 10 because i am having a hard time finding any of those flaws.

The 2 Bob's have produced a winner (Bob Marley and Bob Clearmountain)

The 2 Bob's:

My only complaint is the packaging. Not 2 minutes after removing the shrinkwrap, the entire book detached itself from its paltry staples that were fixed the the cover through a single sheet of paper. How on earth that was meant to stay in place with the weight of two discs and heavy paper is anyone's guess. It's incredibly poor construction.
The only thing I can fault on this package.

I know this is a year late, but I had the same issue and developed a solution.

If you want to use MakeMKV to rip audio from a Blu-ray, I wrote a very simple program that creates a CUE sheet from the chapters of an MKV. You can then edit the resulting CUE sheet and load it into foobar2000, from where you can split a FLAC or WAV into separate tracks.

It's written in PHP CLI and turned into a Windows EXE. The PHP source can be run using PHP, and compiled into an executable on any platform. You might also use the source code if you're concerned about viruses, since you can quickly see it's not doing much beside reading a file, converting the time formats, and writing to the output.

Here are both the EXE and the PHP source: https://embernet.com/mkv2cue/mkv2cue.zip

Ordered it from Amazon UK, but it shipped just as COVID was talking off and never made it here, ended up as return to sender and was credited.
Tried to re-order but they weren’t shipping to North America by that time.
Now no longer available from them.
Terrible timing :(

Back