Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking It All Too Hard, That's All
1590485687212.png
Genesis Genesis

POLL

Good review in the link, Clement. I can't find anything to add or disagree on. Others I have read seem to take some offense at Joni Mitchell's change in style over previous work. This is the curse of artist or band. If they keep making music just like whatever album made them a hit, they are accused of being stagnant, not exploring new ground. If they try to explore another direction fans claim they are no good any more, they just don't make music like they used too.

I have it on CD-4 & I was really jonesing a few months back to hear it in surround. But I didn't want to drag out/hook up/set up my CD-4 demod. So I went sailng on the Bay & found a CD-4 decoded. It was more muffled than I remembered it, no obvious CD-4 noise or tick & pops but it just didn't get me engaged. So I found a stereo high res of it on HD Tracks & played it through the Surround Master. The magic was back! Crisp, clean, good surround but I wouldn't expect it to match the intended quad mix.

This little experience re-confirmed 2 things to me: Good music never goes out of style or goes stale. And even tho the love of the music is what should get our heart, the quality of the sound can mess with our brain & certainly detract from that.

Last edited:
Back