Tidal Adds Dolby Atmos Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the Apple TV 4K is reasonably priced (I mean come on it’s an Apple product- usually means good quality and support) and this is all just getting started. Very well might be thousands of Atmos mixed songs in the pipeline- time will tell.
But I have to admit; when I first saw posts about an Apple TV 4K, I thought Apple had actually released a physical TV (OLED or something) :LOL:
About £150 quid here for the 32gb version pups..
Means my beer supply will take a hit for June!! 🤐😃

About £150 quid here for the 32gb version pups..
Means my beer supply will take a hit for June!! 🤐😃
🍺 Which week in June? :ROFLMAO:
............... and I'm still waiting for the pubs to open again, only been 86 days without a beer/booze, not that I'm counting (my last booze was on the plane back from the USA on 5th March! :eek: and I'm still a weeble )

Hmmm - so I went ahead and got the 60 day trial. I figured since my laptop is connected directly to my Atmos AVR, and when I go to settings in my laptop, I can select ATmos as my speaker setup........

But, it only plays Dolby Surround. Whatever that means. Oddly, there is content coming from my fronts, my front atmos speakers, center, rear atmos, but nothing from my main rear speakers. WTF does that mean?
I’m guessing Dolby Surround is just upmixing a stereo source to faux surround like the old school DPLII.

So, I thought maybe I could use my Oppo 103 to stream Tidal. Sure enough, it has the app. Per instructions on Tidal, I downloaded the Oppo Media Control app on my iphone. It then asks for Tidal login info.......I type it in...and it tells me Invalid Token. Try again, and again...same error. Jesus, what a complete cluster fuck.

I don't think Tidal PC app supports Atmos yet. From Tidal site:

You can stream music in Dolby on your Dolby Atmos compatible soundbars, TVs, and AVRs, in addition to your Dolby Atmos compatible Android mobile devices.

Compatible TV-connected devices include:

• Apple TV 4K (running tvOS 13 or later)
  • Fire TV (Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Stick 2016, Fire TV Gen 3 2017, Fire TV Cube 1st Gen or 2nd Gen)
  • Nvidia Shield TV and Shield TV Pro (2019 and newer models)

The updated TIDAL app is also available on Dolby Atmos enabled Android TVs from Sony and Philips.
But, as usual, their wording leaves a bit of confusion. They single out AVR's. Well, I have an Atmos AVR. They should say something like "AVR, as long as you have a compatible device like "Apple, Fire, etc" Why is it always so hard for "them" to spell things out in a manner that all the bases are covered?

I have a Dolby atmos Enabled Android TV Philips connected to my MARANTZ SR6013, but I don’t get Dolby atmos sound from Tilda App.

Do you have eARC?

"Owners of Atmos-enabled Android TVs from Sony and Philips can also run the app natively on the set and output audio via HDMI eARC to an external soundbar or AVR."

Weird can’t login to tidal on my oppo 105 now same error invalid token, still ok on my iPad and on Apple TV don know why it won’t accept password on oppo now it did before. Maybe they have updated the app but the oppo one hasn’t been updated

Back