Tidal Adds Dolby Atmos Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's interesting to see how many of those Sony 360 reality albums were released in Quad. This could be a great development! I presume that the quad mix must be the foundation of the 360 mix? Surely no one's going to pull out the masters for say Henry Mancini & Doc Severinsen - Brass, Ivory & Strings to create a new mix? Or even go to the effort of creating an upmix? :cool:

It's interesting to see how many of those Sony 360 reality albums were released in Quad. This could be a great development! I presume that the quad mix must be the foundation of the 360 mix? Surely no one's going to pull out the masters for say Henry Mancini & Doc Severinsen - Brass, Ivory & Strings to create a new mix? Or even go to the effort of creating an upmix? :cool:

yeah the stuff i looked at (EW&F, Isley Bros) was definitely the Quad mixes

So, I thought maybe I could use my Oppo 103 to stream Tidal. Sure enough, it has the app. Per instructions on Tidal, I downloaded the Oppo Media Control app on my iphone. It then asks for Tidal login info.......I type it in...and it tells me Invalid Token. Try again, and again...same error. Jesus, what a complete cluster fuck.
Have got a support ticket lodged with Oppo regarding this as apparently it has been reported to Tidal who state the problem is with Oppo to resolve:mad:

Below are links to browse for the Atmos and 360 reality audio playlists and albums in tidal:

Atmos music in Tidal

360 reality audio music in Tidal
Spotted also that if you browse the tracks from the atmos link, there are some ones that I didn't see in any of the playlists. For example GnR - Welcome to the Jungle (Greg Penny mix) and Iggy pop - Passenger. Probably several others as well.

Spotted also that if you browse the tracks from the atmos link, there are some ones that I didn't see in any of the playlists. For example GnR - Welcome to the Jungle (Greg Penny mix) and Iggy pop - Passenger. Probably several others as well.
Thanks for the link, I identified quite a few not found on playlists...
Mr. Roboto
Bad to the Bone
Bad Case of Loving You
Tubthumping
American Pie
Rock n Roll All Nite

Ohh this is good, quite a few more to find perhaps... 😎

I also spotted
Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles
My Prerogative - Bobby Brown
Re-Arranged - Limp Bizkit (cool mix)
These Dreams - Heart

Possible I just missed them in the playlists...

Quite liking the Welcome To The Jungle mix!

Last edited:
I have been following this thread and quite enjoyable. You all have a good handle on things. I also did some reading and You Tube watching and the consensus I get is that it is catching up on all fronts, apps, TV's, film and music releases. Looks like the easy part is the actual set up of speakers and AVR's in Atmos.
I am also quite pleased is that it looks like Atmos is for real and not just another thing that won't be here in two years. from what I can tell it started in 2012 and just keeps growing. I am looking very forward to getting my Atmos set up and grateful for you PIONEERS getting things sorted out.

So, it appears the Roku does have the Tidal app. Unfortunately, my Roku Premier is connected to my wifes TV. I mean, I have it secured via velcrow type stuff. It ain't coming off. Dammit. That said, I've been reading on Roku forum and sounds like folks are having similar issues as Fire Stick. What in the MF is going on with all these devices not working? Ugh. Bummer, cause the Roku Premier is very reasonable ($49) and in stock...more or less.

Back