Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
edit:

If you go to Windows Settings, Apps and uninstall the previous version, then try the install again, that should solve the problem.

Thanks! I actually had two versions installed. Deleted both, restarted pc and it installed perfectly.

Music Media Helper 3.8.7 released:

Fix:
Merge/Split Audio Files tool: Did not allow wav files to be loaded - Fixed
Merge/Split Audio Files tool: Failed to merge files with a single quote (') in the file name - Fixed

Edit: Also a slight change in functionality of the Merge/Split tool: When you select multiple files (CTRL+A in the file selection dialog), MMH immediately makes a cue file for playback of the the selected files. Click Merge and MMH merges all the selected files into a single FLAC or WAV then recreates the cue for the new merged file using tags in the original files (original files are never altered or deleted).

The change is the immediate cue creation for files selected, previous versions the cue was for the upcoming new Merged file. So this change can be used to create a cue supporting individual FKAC or WAVs.

Last edited:
Music Media Helper 3.9.0 released:

New tool:
Edit Channel Volume (Gain): Supports FLAC and WAV, mono, stereo and MCH file (up to 8 channels). Batch mode editing (e.g all album files)

Docs updated for new tool.

Info about this new tool in this post:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...er-new-tool-for-channel-volume-editing.28401/
One-Click web installations should find the update automatically (you may need to uninstall old app, reinstall from link on first post here). Zip installations need to download the zip file (first post link)

Last edited:
I've just completed another new tool for MMH (to be released soon):

Merge MKV Video and FLAC Audio

I added this as I have a number of concert DVDs and Blurays that I've ripped to my NAS and play that have only stereo audio that I wanted to upmix using Penteo and other concerts where I'd like to 'play' with the existing surround mix. For example, change channel volume or the recent BDV from Lynyrd Skynrd (Last of the Street Survivors) has a 5.1 DTS-HDMA track but the surround channels are only crowd noise, not even music reverb (very disappointing). The BDV C & LFE channels are quite active (music wise).

With the Lynyrd Skynrd concert, I used the existing MMH tool (convert MKV to FLAC) to convert to 5.1 DTS-HDMA to 5.1 FLAC. Used Penteo to upmix from the FL and FR channels to a new Quad upmix. Split the BDV audio FLACs to 6 x mono files using Audiomuxer, Split the Penteo Quad upmix into monos using Audiomuxer. Copied the BDVs C and LFE and used the Penteo FL, FR, SL, SR to create new 5.1 FLAC using Audiomuxer. Used MMH to boost original C and LFE levels. Finally, I merged the new 5.1 FLACs into the original MKV concert video files. Now this surround mix sounds great!!

Here's the new Merge MKV Video and FLAC Audio tool's dialog:

Merging the original MKV files (one song per file) with the Penteo UM FLACs I created:
MKV-FLACMerge1.PNG

The new Merge MKV and FLAC tool forces the FLAC to be the default audio stream but leaves the original audio stream(s) intact. It creates copy of the original MKV files, so the original MKV files are not changed.

I also changed the MMH tool Split MKV to FLAC tool in MMH to support converting MKV files to FLAC without splitting the MKV selected by chapters. So now this tool allows you to select multiple MKV files (concerts already split into chapter files). If you select multiple MKVs, MMH now pops up a dialog:

MKVtoAudio5.PNG

If you answer 'Yes', MMH creates a FLAC file for each MKV file from the selected MKV audio stream (or if the MKV has only one audio stream it automatically selects it).

The new FLACs can now be manipulated with any audio tool, upmix them, change channel volume levels, play with channel swapping etc.

The new tool and changes will be in the next version of MMH, coming soon.

You can PM me for a short example of one song in two FLACs of the Lynyrd Skynyrd original mix vs Penteo Plus mix (Quad Penteo UM channels + original C & LFE)

I’m holding the new Merge MKV Video and FLAC Audio tool release back until I release MMH 4.0 soon.

I have another new tool to batch Merge mono wavs to MCH FLAC or WAV and batch split MCH FLAC to mono WAVs that’s just about complete. The split has an option to select all channels or only a sub set. This is useful if you want to mix different audio sources together like I’m doing in my music video part Penteo UMs etc.

I also want to fix the issue where the MMH web installer (click-once) installs are failing, and need a manual uninstall prior to a fresh reinstall. A few other changes too.

I‘m hoping to release MMH 4.0 by the weekend, but if anyone wants to beta test let me know and I can PM a link to the new installer. That might be ready in a couple of days.

Music Media Helper 3.9.0 released:

New tool:
Edit Channel Volume (Gain): Supports FLAC and WAV, mono, stereo and MCH file (up to 8 channels). Batch mode editing (e.g all album files)

Docs updated for new tool.

Info about this new tool in this post:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...er-new-tool-for-channel-volume-editing.28401/
One-Click web installations should find the update automatically (you may need to uninstall old app, reinstall from link on first post here). Zip installations need to download the zip file (first post link)

I love the new feature! Thank you for making this amazing tool an essential piece of my rig! :)

I‘m getting close to releasing Music Media Helper 4.0 and I’d like to get two or three users to beta test. I have one already so another two (at least) would be great. Please PM me and I’ll send a link to version 4 beta over the weekend.

Changes in 4.0:

I finally fixed the ClickOnce auto update (after a couple days of hair pulling).
New tool: Split and Merge of FLAC to/from mono WAVs (MCH file to mono and vice versa)*
New tool to Merge MKV Video files with FLAC files
Version 4 includes updated 3rd party libraries and tools.

* Batch mode by selected file or by folder, Split allows output of All or only selected channels

The main beta test case will be testing auto updates in MMH 4 on different user PCs. Basically after installing 4.0 I‘ll push out an update the following day. It should behave as intended:
  • Users should be notified of an available update
  • If the update is Not mandatory, users can choose not to install the update
  • If the update is mandatory MMH will force the update
  • Updates are downloaded in the background and auto installed while MMH is running.
Mandatory updates are intended for major fixes only, not feature updates.

I’m planning to release MMH 4.0 after the beta test results are in and I’ve completed documentation for the new features in 4.0. Probably mid next week.

I'm having trouble converting single chapter MKVs to FLAC.

When the MKV has a single chapter, MMH tells me it is converting file 1 of 0 and then hangs. It doesn't even get to the point of adding a track name to the output window. I can't 'Stop Processing' or close the window with the X, I have to use Task Manager.

For example - the BD of Pink Floyd's Endless River. The album is in one title and split into chapters so that worked fine but the bonus tracks and video tracks are individual titles.

Sometimes I can convert single files but sometimes not. (I've just done Echoes from the Reverber/ation set and that worked though still with the "1 of 0" minor problem.)

(Incidentally, if this was working for me, it would be nice if I could load all of the individual mkvs in bulk and do a batch convert, then worry about the tagging later.)

I'm having trouble converting single chapter MKVs to FLAC.

I’ve made changes in 4.0 (that should be released next week) around MKVs with no chapters and selection of multiple MKVs.

I’ll check your scenario this morning on 4.0 and PM you a link to MMH 4.0 Beta. You can then test this new multi file and MKVs with no chapters functionality.

I have a lot of Artist folders with Album sub-folders I want to copy into a Root folder that has existing Artist folders with Album sub-folders. Can I use the Copy function within Media File Manager if the source and destination contain some of the same Artist folders? In other words, will it detect that the destination drive already has the Artist folders and just copy the Album sub-folders into them?

Yes that should work. Try a test case first.

It will copy folders you select but only if the files are not identical.

New major update to 4.0 now posted:

NOTE:
This update uses a new installer and no longer uses Microsoft Click-Once updating. You must manually uninstall previous versions of MMH and install this new version from first post link. All new updates can my done from the MMH 4.0 'Check for Updates' command. MMH will download and update itself.

The new installer will auto create a desktop short cut and add Music Media Helper to your Windows Start menu.

New Features:
New Split Multichannel files to mono wavs
ChannelSplitMerge2.PNG

New Merge mono wavs to MCH FLAC
ChannelMerge2.PNG

New Merge MKV video with FLAC audio
MKV-FLACMerge1.PNG

Changes:
New MMH installer now uses Windows MSI technology (Click-Once now removed)
Download is 100MB (down from 235MB in previous version)
Check for Updates now shows change history
New Skin added: Office 2019 Black (now the default on new install)
Added Change Log (click on Version Number in Launcher to view)
New Preferences dialog for Skin and Folder Dialog look & feel
Added display of changelog when future updated are published)
3rd party tools updated
Documentation Updated

Fixes:
Click-Once Updating failed to update. MMH needed to be uninstalled/reinstalled (fixed - new installer)
Play List Tool: Drag & Drop reordering failed when moving a file up the play list (fixed)
Split MKV to FLAC Tool: Now supports extracting multiple MKV files to FLAC (without split)

First of all: Thank You for Music Media Helper Tools. The "Remix Channel Layout" feature resolved my issue working with Quad sources by adding the blank C and LFE channels to my FLAC files.

Second: I do the majority of my work on an iMac Pro. I do have a virtual PC running Windows 10 for a couple of programs and I am able to use your tools by moving files back and forth between platforms. Is there any possibility of a Mac version of your software? I've got most of my workflow covered on the Mac using DVDFAB, MakeMKV, DVDAE, XLD, StereoLab Audiophile etc. If I had to choose a single feature that I would use most often in my Mac workflow it would be the "Remix Channel Layout".

Thanks again!

First of all: Thank You for Music Media Helper Tools. The "Remix Channel Layout" feature resolved my issue working with Quad sources by adding the blank C and LFE channels to my FLAC files.

Second: I do the majority of my work on an iMac Pro. I do have a virtual PC running Windows 10 for a couple of programs and I am able to use your tools by moving files back and forth between platforms. Is there any possibility of a Mac version of your software? I've got most of my workflow covered on the Mac using DVDFAB, MakeMKV, DVDAE, XLD, StereoLab Audiophile etc. If I had to choose a single feature that I would use most often in my Mac workflow it would be the "Remix Channel Layout".

Thanks again!
Hello @D Crabtree
Welcome to the QQ forum !

Is there any possibility of a Mac version of your software?

Join the queue. This is often asked. There’s a possibility in future. MMH uses Microsoft .NET. This is now being released as an Open Source project as .NET Core, which runs on most platform, including MAC. .NET Core 5 is being released later this year.

Support for a .NET Core user interface is coming but will take another few months if not longer. So possibly 2021. It’s definitely on my list. All the underlying audio and video tools used in MMH will run on MAC, it’s just the user interface that’s holding this up right now.

Music Media Helper 4.0.3 released:

Fixes:
Channel Layout Remix tool: Using option to Remix, Resample and Re-Encode FLAC file:
  • Selecting option to NOT overwrite failed to process files correctly (fixed)
  • Copying tags from source failed, leaving new files untagged (fixed)

Users with 4.0 will get an Update Notification. Users still on version 3 should uninstall and install version 4 from link on first post here.

Back