Beatles "Let It Be" (5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos mixes out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Paul often gets undue negative comments because he pushed the band to try different concepts and directions. After all, it was he who pushed the Sgt. Peppers concept, the Magical Mystery Tour TV special idea, the Get Back live band/movie concept, etc. (Not all successful.) In his defense, wasn't he just trying keep The Beatles ahead of the rest of the Pop/Rock trends as they had been their whole career? If the Beatles had simply continued to make albums similar to Revolver or Rubber Soul, the fans would still buy the music (and it would probably be great music) but after 3 or 4 albums of that the fickle public and critics would declare they had gone stale or were just playing it safe. Paul wanted the band to continue to set the bar the rest of the music industry aspired to be...and keep their music on radio and money rolling in.
John & George were becoming preoccupied with other things (and Ringo was just happy to do whatever the other three wanted to do) and they were all wealthy enough to not have to work another day in their life if they wished. Paul still wanted to WORK at being a Pop entertainer and in that limelight. John & George were ready to retreat to their homes and family life and any music they made would be very personable spiritual (George) or political statements (John) and if Beatles fans didn't 'get it', that's their problem. And they had certainly earned their right to live their lives and careers as they wished.
The Rolling Stones could have all retired as multi-millionaires a couple of decades ago - but they still enjoy being a working/touring Rock band. I think that is the same drive Paul has always had (and Ringo re-discovered with his All-Star tours.) And since George Martin wasn't there to help guide the Get Back sessions, someone needed to be directing/producing the process and in the film it is obvious no one else besides Paul seems very interested in anything else but to jam on some old Rock & Roll classics. Just have fun, ya know? When it came to working on the new songs, I think Paul was just trying to do what he thought George Martin would have suggested.
Remember, George Martin only agreed to do the Abbey Road album after the Beatles agreed to "Do it they way we used to do it..and in a civilized manner". He wasn't willing to do another Get Back/ Let It Be affair. And aren't you glad?
AWESOME! I loved reading this. Great Job.

Last edited:
None of the below is too much of a surprise, but it's fun to get involved in the 'easter egg' hunt :geek:

I was looking up Bruce Spizer (the Beatle expert) books on Amazon (UK) and found this: The Beatles Finally Let It Be (Beatles Album): Amazon.co.uk: Spizer, Bruce: 9780983295778: Books

The description includes the line, "The Beatles Finally Let It Be is the perfect companion to the other books in the album series, the upcoming Get Back film directed by Peter Jackson, and the anniversary edition of the Let It Be album."

So I searched for "Beatles anniversary" and mixed in with Abbey Road, White Album and Pepper is this entry: TBC: Amazon.co.uk: Music

Every other result on the first page was Beatles albums. So I'm fairly certain this is a placeholder for the Let It Be Super Deluxe.

7 Discs, released 24 July 2020, currently £203.36, though surely it will cost much less than that.

Edit: The second pic is Japanese, which makes the pricing more realistic. Presumably the Japanese Let It Be boxset. An online OCR translator informs me that the text from the image is all generic Prime stuff, etc. not anything Beatle-related.

Last edited:
None of the below is too much of a surprise, but it's fun to get involved in the 'easter egg' hunt :geek:

I was looking up Bruce Spizer (the Beatle expert) books on Amazon (UK) and found this: The Beatles Finally Let It Be (Beatles Album): Amazon.co.uk: Spizer, Bruce: 9780983295778: Books

The description includes the line, "The Beatles Finally Let It Be is the perfect companion to the other books in the album series, the upcoming Get Back film directed by Peter Jackson, and the anniversary edition of the Let It Be album."

So I searched for "Beatles anniversary" and mixed in with Abbey Road, White Album and Pepper is this entry: TBC: Amazon.co.uk: Music

Every other result on the first page was Beatles albums. So I'm fairly certain this is a placeholder for the Let It Be Super Deluxe.

7 Discs, released 24 July 2020, currently £203.36, though surely it will cost much less than that.

Edit: The second pic is Japanese, which makes the pricing more realistic. Presumably the Japanese Let It Be boxset. An online OCR translator informs me that the text from the image is all generic Prime stuff, etc. not anything Beatle-related.
This information on the Super Deluxe edition is MOST exciting but I can't find anything through Amazon UK. The link above no longer directs to a page and when I search using "Beatles anniversary' I don't see anything but what's currently available.

THANKS!

Why would they charge more than the White Album? They won't and we all know it.

Unless, of course, it includes the BD~V of Peter Jackson's 'revisionist' cut of Let It Be and possibly the original, for comparison.

I'm sure, at any rate, the price will come down before release. Fingers Crossed.

Last edited:
This information on the Super Deluxe edition is MOST exciting but I can't find anything through Amazon UK. The link above no longer directs to a page and when I search using "Beatles anniversary' I don't see anything but what's currently available.

Don't worry, there really wasn't any other info. Release date, number of discs and price. No track lists. The only photos were generic ones. And we all agree that the price was much higher than the box will cost. (But note that this appeared to be a listing for the Japanese boxset for which the higher price might be more plausible.)

The only thing I didn't mention is that I'm pretty sure it said 6CDs + 1BD - can anybody else confirm/ correct? Note to self: take a screenshot next time!
Edit: My memory of the BD was prob just my imagination - see Haikubass's comment below.

Last edited:
It just said 7 discs everywhere I looked - the ASIN still works for Amazon France (234,96 €) or Japan:
1591263014402.png

We still have many a moons to go though before this upcoming set is released. I thought I'd stir the pot a little in the meantime by sharing this 2004 article with you from Mix Magazine about the work done for Let It Be Naked. I know the album is much reviled but I do think that some of it is well done and quite enjoyable. Maybe the article will prompt some to revisit the album with an open mind.

Full disclosure: my favourite version of the album stemmed from these infamous sessions is Glyn Johns' original Get Back album warts and all. I still enjoy listening to the other versions once in a while.

Back