Rhino to Release Doobie Brothers QUADIO Edition! (ARCHIVE THREAD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Steel Woole just out of curiosity, did the quad master tapes for these 4 Doobie Bros. albums have information about who engineered/produced them?

I've always presumed that it was Ted Templeman and Lee Herschberg (and maybe Donn Landee?), since Templeman was (aside from being the Doobies producer of course) also in charge of Amigo, which was Warner's first quad-equipped studio, and Herschberg apparently oversaw the WB part of the WEA quad pie. However, all the Warner quad LP jackets simply reused the artwork from the stereo sleeves so it would be nice to know definitively who was responsible for these sublime mixes.
Tape boxes had no names or initials or any clue as to who did the work sadly.

Well strike me blind... and way ahead of schedule!

View attachment 52121
:eek: No snakes in the box!
......... we have only one venomous snake in the UK it is rare, the adder, the only one which will hiss at you, and they usually keep out of your way, yet I stumble across them .......... and I'm terrified of snakes

I'll be in the Stampede to get it, one of my favourite bands and those CD4s I drooled over as a student will be on BD, as the great Doobies say What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits but oh what a Quadio habit it will be! Ok when is the pre-order?

Last edited:
:eek: No snakes in the box!
......... we have only one venomous snake in the UK it is rare, the adder, the only one which will hiss at you, and they usually keep out of your way, yet I stumble across them .......... and I'm terrified of snakes
Used to catch snakes growing up (just for fun)
That actually was written by Seals and Crofts; and it’s opening is especially nice in DB surround- you’ll love it! Cotton Mouth

Flabbergasted. I long ago decided that this would not happen. (But I did hold out that if there are an infinite number of universes, this would be released in one of those. Of course, the absurdity in the infinity concept is that the release would occur not just in one, but in an infinite number of universes, just not ours. It's worth noting that if there are an infinite number of universes anything even remotely possible occurs an infinite number of times. So then, there is not just one universe in which we all go through the day wearing a chicken costume but an infinite number of chicken costume alternative universes. But I digress, back to our regularly scheduled programming...) So happy this is getting released, can't wait to preorder.

It must be obvious to everyone that this post by me the other day is the real reason that the Doobie Quadio is finally being released!!!!

305D2A59-7514-4F5C-9A86-5B89EE8085C1.jpeg

‘Nuff said. Bring on the Doobies Quadio, Rhino!

I'd agree that TDB & OSC are sub-standard projects. I bought those on LP & CD. Opted out of the SACD's of those and Farewell live. Disagree on LOTFL, which I bought on Japan SACD. It's not as strong as TS, C&Me or Vices. Still, it's a very good album. I also bought Takin' it & Minute on SACD. IMHO, Takin' it is their best. Minute is a terrific album. It's certainly as good, or nearly as good as TS, C&Me or Vices.

BTW: we have tix to Doobies/McD this summer. It has been canceled with reschedule date TBD. Phooey!

For those curious QQ'ers: Steel Woole = foragingrhino, so you know the info is REAL. He's been trying to get this thing out for a few years, as you all know. He's just as happy to see it scheduled as we are!

:QQlove

Not to say I had anything to do with this, but I love how the real cover took on my initial and very rough cover idea and made it into an absolute work of art!

The cover:
View attachment 52115

My original cover idea:
View attachment 52116

Some similarities obviously, but the real one is so much better than I could have ever conceived. The folks at Rhino really do know how to create a true work of art!

:)

Ryan, this is the first thing I thought of when I saw the official graphic. Very close to your prototype. Nice job for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back