Is Music Evil?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Music Soothes The Savage Beast..............

MNMIT501-827_2014_000000_high_p3014789.jpg

Whether it is evil depends on intent.

When the "Staircase to Heaven" flap started, I recorded the record on a half-track stereo recorder and turned the tape over to play it backward. It took a far stretch of the imagination to hear what people were claiming.

I do have recordings of two songs where some tracks of one are backwards taken from the other:

Tommy James and the Shondells recorded "I think we're alone now" first. Later they reversed the drum and rhythm tracks (and the chord order) to make "Mirage".

I had some acquaintaces (Gregg, mostly) that recorded two albums with .....ah it escapes me now. Look up Stranger. Last I saw them (a while) they were in Tampa.
https://www.discogs.com/artist/2723462-Stranger-22Anyway on which ever album had the song "shakedown" they had a short track deliberately placed backwards on the LP where they just say "shakedown" several times, but of course it's backwards.
Sounds wicked as hell of course but when you spin the LP backwards it's pretty tame. I'm thinking the reverse words may have been at the song's beginnings. Too many years since I had the LP.

Back