Tidal Adds Dolby Atmos Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the adaptor from amazon.
As i have seen earlier you have the same receiver as me so i am very interested in your solution. But i am a bit puzzled, you say the amazon stick is connected to the ethernet and your receiver. Then you say you have the adaptor from Amazon. Can you please tell me what kind you are refering to as this is higly interesting for me. The only adaptors i find from Amazon are not made for this purpose.

I think i have found the adapter you have talked about now. As i can´t delete my post i am saying this to tell you that you don´t have to give detailed information. To me it was enough to google "ethernet adapter amazon fire stick" to get the answers. I will definitely try this!

Last edited:
As i have seen earlier you have the same receiver as me so i am very interested in your solution. But i am a bit puzzled, you say the amazon stick is connected to the ethernet and your receiver. Then you say you have the adaptor from Amazon. Can you please tell me what kind you are refering to as this is higly interesting for me. The only adaptors i find from Amazon are not made for this purpose.

I think i have found the adapter you have talked about now. As i can´t delete my post i am saying this to tell you that you don´t have to give detailed information. To me it was enough to google "ethernet adapter amazon fire stick" to get the answers. I will definitely try this!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LXP5TXI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ethenet in adaptor, which connects to stick, fire stick into receiver. Works great.

FYI in my experience the 40 available Tidal Atmos albums show up from the 'Home' link in a separate row called 'Available in Dolby Atmos' but only on an Atmos supported device after you play one or more Atmos tracks.

To get a 'link to the 40' somebody would manually have to create a playlist from the individual albums listed in that row.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/attachments/52545/
Going to show this to the wife!

Inquiring minds want to know, what was the WAF rating on this one?

Not sure why this guy didn't use the white plastic square covering for all of it, ie like the 2 pieces going to the speakers themselves, maybe he thought what he did across the main part of the ceiling looked better etc.

I know there's a guy here who did something similar and posted a pic and it looked really good I thought.

I think to make it look best you need to paint the plastic covering the same color as the ceiling.

I was 'lucky' enough to be able to cut holes in my 8" plaster ceilings. Ugh what a mess that was.

I'm going to need to do something like this hack for an Atmos mixing system in my studio.

Speaking of which check out this guy's setup. I'm drooling. Just gotta make a few gold records :)

This is a today response from my request opened to TIDAL support about the low volume level on Atmos tracks:

"""""""""""""""""""
Hello,

The issue is on Dolby's end and we are currently working with them to increase the volume "DB", so hopefully it should be resolved this week.
Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Annette
TIDAL Member Support
Team Lead
"""""""""""""""""""

*New* subscribers can get a three month free TIDAL HiFi trial with no purchase through Best Buy without any purchase. Once you authorize Best Buy’s $0.00 purchase you’ll get an email confirmation. I got one immediately. A second email with a redeemable code arrived shortly thereafter. Their app didn’t have an obvious place to redeem so, rather than taking the risk of signing up for one of their default 30-Day trials, I went to their “redeem code page” and pasted it there. I can confirm this works — though its unclear from my setup/chain whether I’ve got it properly working yet.

Last edited:
*New* subscribers can get a three month free TIDAL HiFi trial with no purchase through Best Buy without any purchase. Once you authorize Best Buy’s $0.00 purchase you’ll get an email confirmation. I got one immediately. A second email with a redeemable code arrived shortly thereafter. Their app didn’t have an obvious place to redeem so, rather than taking the risk of signing up for one of their default 30-Day trials, I went to their “redeem code page” and pasted it there. I can confirm this works — though its unclear from my setup/chain whether I’ve got it properly working yet.
Yes Hi-Fi is the tier that gets you Atmos music. A three month free trial is sweet!! I've only got two months...

And the requirement to sound less weak and more bass punch has to do with bandwidth or it is other thing related to compression/equalization mix/mastering, not responsibility of TIDAL but of the creators producers of the tracks?
Bandwidth could certainly affect overall sound quality. In fact if they doubled the kbps to 1536, it would bring it slightly above the equivalent of streaming redbook CD (1411kbps). Dolby True HD starts at 6,000 kbps.
:rocks
"When comparing bitrate, or the amount of data transferred per second, High-Resolution Audio’s bitrate (9,216 kbps) is nearly seven times higher than that of CDs (1,411 kbps) and almost 29 times higher than that of MP3s (320 kbps). And the higher the bitrate, the more accurately the signal is measured...Bitrate has a direct impact on sound quality. When an original recording is compressed into an MP3 file, a lot of information is lost. A lower bitrate could translate to a softer bass response or weak-sounding drum cymbals, or it could blur the attack and decay of a plucked guitar string."
From Sony: https://www.sony.com/electronics/hi-res-audio-mp3-cd-sound-quality-comparison

Bandwidth could certainly affect overall sound quality. In fact if they doubled the kbps to 1536, it would bring it slightly above the equivalent of streaming redbook CD (1411kbps). Dolby True HD starts at 6,000 kbps.
:rocks
"When comparing bitrate, or the amount of data transferred per second, High-Resolution Audio’s bitrate (9,216 kbps) is nearly seven times higher than that of CDs (1,411 kbps) and almost 29 times higher than that of MP3s (320 kbps). And the higher the bitrate, the more accurately the signal is measured...Bitrate has a direct impact on sound quality. When an original recording is compressed into an MP3 file, a lot of information is lost. A lower bitrate could translate to a softer bass response or weak-sounding drum cymbals, or it could blur the attack and decay of a plucked guitar string."
From Sony: https://www.sony.com/electronics/hi-res-audio-mp3-cd-sound-quality-comparison

Those sound like good talking points for a request ticket.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/tidal...-on-digital-kraftwerk-releases-in-dolby-atmos
So if you're a Kraftwerk fan who subscribes to Tidal Hi-Fi or Amazon Music HD,
and owns a Dolby Atmos music system, we'd say you're in for a pretty big treat.

The article has been updated:

If you're Kraftwerk fan who subscribes to Amazon Music HD, you can get rid of your subscription and say goodbye to your R2D2 friend (*1) and switch to Tidal.
And you can crank up the volume in Tidal to the max (*2).

(*1) AKA Echo Studio
(*2) You have to do this otherwise you won't hear anything.
But don't forget to turn down the volume all the way down when you play a non-Atmos track afterwards, otherwise you're in for a pretty big jolt.

Back