Open Letter to Tom Scholz- "V" shaped signal in "Rock & Roll Band"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Don´t know if this has been discussed in other forums, BUT...something I have been wondering since I saw these a few years ago...is this a "sonic fingerprint"? Cause I hear NO SOUNDS that are present at the same time and synched to this V shaped spectrum frequency on this song..and since it´s above 20K...what´s up with that???? Some kind of "we´ll MAKE you like this ALBUM and therefore it´s going to sell MILLIONS" signal???...I mean, as it is, musically, it don´t need any hidden/embedded signals for us to like it, we can tell this is a freaking masterpiece....just sayin'...
here are the CBS "Half Speed Mastered" LP and the SACD at 96/24 to prove my point....
Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 9.05.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 9.04.09 PM.png

Don´t know if this has been discussed in other forums, BUT...something I have been wondering since I saw these a few years ago...is this a "sonic fingerprint"? Cause I hear NO SOUNDS that are present at the same time and synched to this V shaped spectrum frequency on this song..and since it´s above 20K...what´s up with that???? Some kind of "we´ll MAKE you like this ALBUM and therefore it´s going to sell MILLIONS" signal???...I mean, as it is, musically, it don´t need any hidden/embedded signals for us to like it, we can tell this is a freaking masterpiece....just sayin'...
here are the CBS "Half Speed Mastered" LP and the SACD at 96/24 to prove my point....
View attachment 53055

View attachment 53054
I think that is an Izotope spectogram - have you tried asking them what it might represent?

I'm guessing some kind of tape playback related noise given the regular interval. There are couple of places where it jumps, (V looks like a W) which could indicate a splice? Does the interval vary from the beginning to the end?

I'm guessing some kind of tape playback related noise given the regular interval. There are couple of places where it jumps, (V looks like a W) which could indicate a splice? Does the interval vary from the beginning to the end?

Yes , it does..a couple of times when it turns into a "W"...and now that I nothisce (curiouser and curiouser!!!) it is also present on both SACD and LP on "Peace of Mind", "Hitch a ride"(only a few times) and "Something about you", so I´d rule out the tape machine factor cause AFAIK the album was recorded in Tom´s basement except for "Let me take you home tonight"...

This is my guess. An ultrasonic reel squeak artifact.

Hey, if we guess right does that mean he's going to make a 5.1 mix for us? :D

Back