Welcome Thread: New Members please introduce yourself here

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone. Thanks for allowing me to join the family! I need to confess up front, I'm a complete novice. I landed here because I've always owned classic cars and recently installed an original 8 track player in a 68 GTO, then found some quadraphonic recordings; I remember the 70s (and unusually for where I live, I remember cruising in cars with 8 track sound) and loved the look of the hifi gear from way back then. Bumped into some on line quadraphonic discussions that sent me off looking for some original 4 channel receivers, which are relatively few and far between where I live (New Zealand). I'm about to invest in a reasonably well spec'd vintage 4 channel receiver and TT, and am actively looking for an in-home 8 track player. I think I have issues! My wife will not be pleased...

I'm going to need support through this!!!
Welcome in @VJV - lots of folks here to help with this; @Q-Eight has experience with 8 tracks & cars and are you saying your wife is an “issue”- LOL (that’s a very tricky subject!)
And if your really fortunate, you’ll receive a warm welcome from @Green 🍀or that @Snood character :dance

Heya VJV, Snood thinx you will fit right in here :SB :giggle: :SB We are here for you Surroundaholics Anonymous :love::LB:love:

Super kooo on the 8 track fix - Lotta 8 track tape mega genius' here. Make sure to ask all the questions ya need to no matter how nooby ya think they are. That how we all learned and especially Snooooood. Welcome to QQ and enjoy your stay and your new hobby. :LB

Well now - it being WELL into 2020 - and considering the thread is entitled 2019 - it's absolutely no wonder that I unintentionally simply whizzed on by - struggling to learn where is the search function is - or the "search for a section" (oh no wait there isn't one - you have to blindly waddle around until falling into a thread)?

Yes - so newbies corner.
in 2020 too wow.

I'm here.
So too are all of you.
Needless to say my Gravatar "avatar" has now followed me into this website alongside my several now posts - hence a Google Search - (or a wordpressed one will do) of my unique username (well it was in 1965 when someone commented on my ability to QU-ickly_f-IX something - hence the term QUIX came to mean something other than what I thought it meant ..

Being
Q-uantum U-nits of I-nnovative (e)X-ponentials (for you) = QUIX4U

In other words - Quantum leaps and bounds can be made quickly - (by simply Gogle searching my username - without me telling you anything about me at all.

One just needs to jump across otherwise devoid spaces (via the internet) - whilst travelling within one;s mind's eye - learning of spacial related problems, if?

IF one thinks along the lines of a good old gaming controller's buttons - be they Sega - or Playstation - X-box etc
(or other type gaming controller's braille section buttons)..

THE SQUARE - is only the twit who stays within the inner circle ..
Hence GET OUT of your inner CIRCLE (it's not the surround "sound" space that you thought it was).

DO NOT simply say - ?
Oh look another audio channel - a third one - so it must be that it's a TRIANGLE
(from where my earlier than 1965 "triangulation methods" of placements of sound - came to pass, and pass they did - three meaning ONLY the start of my TRIPELLO™ audio's journeys into 3D & beyond (4th dimension & 5th etc etc..

Concerning not just audio and other things innovative.
But the true mneaning of the raised braille symbols - on a gaming controller pad.

[_] = Square
O = Circle
/_\ = Triangle..
The simplest form of three dimensional stability is to use three speakers
2D audio creating a mere flat plan in 2 dimensions only - is similar as to having no spacial "fixed position" (or sound staging ability).

Ask any halfway good farm fuel supplier of overhead tank-stands..
& They'll tell you that if you take away a third leg - from any supporting tower, and HOPE to keep the tank upright by using the remaining two legs
?
They will tell you that they WILL NOT support the tank - as it will fall over and crash to the ground.
One needs at least three legs - to retain anything in a tank (above ground)

One also needs more than two speakers to maintain spacial effects in audio noise fields.

BUT . in saying that
DO NOT stay at a mere three (or a smaller 2.1 for that matter) TRIANGULATED system

The TRIANGLE is merely a trigonometry MAP, to allow you to look further than just three points of contact

Away out in the wilderness of surround sound - it's there - where?
Yes
X marks the spot ..

No not the virtual digitally created sweet spot - which is utterly useless for anything other than ONE listener - in a sound listening room, where oh look - all of your audiophile friends are doing their daMnedess - to hear exactly what you do, not knowing that audio frequencies interfere with each other - all around & through the air where the listeners are standing - or walking / talking within? To the annoying extent that sound may DOUBLE in loudness (it's not volume unless there is a 3D space to fill - by being a mere 2 Dimensional area - sound cannot be measured in volume - as there is none - it's a 2D flat area - not a volumetric space)

OR - sound interferes with itself, sometimes totally removing ANYTHING from being heard - even right beside a VERY LOUD loudspeaker at full noise.?

& Yes - it can happen (total silence) if two speakers are sufficiently close to each other to totally SUCK all audio "content" out of the air that a listener needs to hear with, as it is pulled into another 180 degree opposed speaker, when played at full loudness.!!!!

Now where was I - oh yes blubbering on again - about interferences.

All audiophiles here - who use ears to hear - should know that inner ear hair - inside an ear canal - ?
Oops wandering off into pictures of one's ear hairs, taken in a photograph of someone's ear canal?

Being the stupid marketing info - surrounding the useless PICTURE your new 360 degree app needs to take - of your ears / ears?

Yes - a picture is taken to prove you need to spend whackloads on special spacial equipment that you will never use, don't need and will be utterly useless to you soon anyways?
Being that a so-called virtual 360 degree sound effects App, can map a picture of your ear canal - to optimise the listening environment - to give the correct "volume" - which somehow can be created by Sony - just by taking a snapshot of your physical ear canal -

Oh my lorde - what utter poppycock - my EARS do not show - my inability to HEAR high pitched screaming sounds, about the excessively loud Tinnitus that's in there already?
Nor will it fix years of loud noises and industrial machinery - basting my hearing to hell an gone?

So - how to hear what your 1970's parents HAIR stopped them from hearing "here or there" too

If one had gone to WOODSTOCK to hear that open air - live concert - one would have very soon discovered that MOST (if not all) of the on-stage music - was immediately LOST within the crowds of people and the poor acoustics of open space - filled with talking / singing or blindly crooning HIPPIES half cut on some speed, weed or another lift them up drug of choice.?

Amps - strategically placed around the WOODSTOCK site, helped (but also destroyed) most of the rest of the audio there, as interferences between speaker towers, all "pumping out" exactly the same PA audio - ?
Oops walk a little close to that tower babe - as the "air" at the halfway stage - is as dead as a doornail - or hit sideways on, by some other loudspeaker tower - shooting you with yet another out of balance - same frequency / slightly time delayed enough to self-cancel out the first sounds from the tower, or towers closer to you..
It's a problem with all open air loud hailer audio systems..
As a different distant tower - fires an audio source directly at you - in between a line of "parted" swaying hipsters.
SOUND, crisp clean done in a sterile sound proofed studio - can ONLY be replicated in the same studio - if one places the exact microphone "speaker" - at the new speaker's placement - to ensure th crystal clear sound - is exactly that - the SAME sound crystal clear.

Fortunately - our ears are as bad acoustically - as our active ability to spatially distance things..
Thus - one can HEAR almost as good as the original artists thought they played well enough at - all their concert sounds, if one removes all other interferences from that day..?

Or - if one doesn't start being stupid, by assuming an app cn take a picture of your outer ear canals - to provide you with optimal sound experiences - based ONLY upon a dumb user's smartphone, that can do amazing things within your ears - that no amount of telling you to use ear protectors ever did, when you used that chainsaw last week, the lawnmower every weekend, or that shotgun blast all day long at the clay pigeon "shoot offs' ?
((after you forgot to put on your earmuffs).

All you need is a LOT MORE SPEAKERS than your two ears, one brain & two eyes, and a simple mind - tell you that a sound is staged - AT - somewhere..?

All you need is a system that can do all of that - by doing absolutely NOTHING to the pre-recorded music - other than simply playing it.

But what the hell would i know - I've just spent almost my entire life - trying to find multiple channels inside all music that is presented to me.
EVEN PURE MONO - as?
Yes - i have very successfully converted a SINGLE 17 second airplayed "clip" - of a local fire-siren wailer - screaming loudly that another weekly TRAING / test night - was starting again - helping to keep the local & not so local fire fighters on their toes..?

Check this out..
Multiple aeroplanes - using propellers to power themselves through the flickering pages in the virtual movie I made - inside my PC's movie maker program, forcing stills pictures to virtually be whizzing in and out of valleys and suchlike - on an amazingly long overhead armada - of similar planes - as they?
Oh you have music playing - sorry we're drowning that out..

I made two videos - one using a micro-mono cassette's recording of just 17 seconds duration - as the local firefighters were audibly called out, to another weekly training session ..

And spent well over three MONTHS doing micro-adjustments to - and re-recording remasters, over the top of these few seconds of "sound" - as i slowed down, sped up and otherwise manipulated the audio to suit my "done-by-ear" style of remastering..

To get a super lengthy (I had a full 79 minute CD at one stage) - long enough sound, to do an extended length video - for a fellow YourTuber - that I eventually got into a video with all the wonderful propellor planes too.?

0:17 NOW PLAYING

WATCH LATER
ADD TO QUEUE

(Vid_14) Found - the missing 17secs (a series for Goregoon) about a MONO Fire Siren "clip"

QUIX4U

435 views10 years ago

Goregoon.... I found "IT" The missing 17 secs As it was also JUST an audio clip - I had to toss it across something... so did a quick whizz past my van & merged the windy noised vid - onto the...

11:01

NOW PLAYING

QUIXww3 Propellors Make Echoes Everywhere Creating Timeless Music Forever Here Roxburgh Fire Siren

QUIX4U

466 views10 years ago

QUIX4U QUIXww3 Propellors Make Their Echoes Everywhere Creating Timeless Music Forever Here ...!!! DO NOT INCREASE SOUND LEVELS ... THIS IS NOT A SILENT FILM ... ((( YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ))...

:unsure: :SB :unsure: Ummmmmmmmmmm Hiya QUIXY lol Snood read all that and was with ya through the Gaming stuff (a lil) then Snood head go Boom o_O:giggle:o_O

Welcome aboard and Ya you might fit in here also tooooooo :SB

The videos were um ok um yeah sooooo what were they again? :unsure:

Welcome aboard and hoping your musical tastes are as intriguing as your words and videos. :LB Make sure to ask and post all ya want, might have to put them in Snoodman terms for peeps like Snood though :giggle:

Welcome in @VJV - lots of folks here to help with this; @Q-Eight has experience with 8 tracks & cars and are you saying your wife is an “issue”- LOL (that’s a very tricky subject!)
And if your really fortunate, you’ll receive a warm welcome from @Green 🍀or that @Snood character :dance

Welcome @VJV Nice to have you here. It is nice to come back and see new people here. I have been absent here for a coupe of weeks or so so sorry for the lack of responses. 3:11 is 69 until 4:20 The strain in the picture is Girl Scout Cookies. If you aren't wasted the day is.

gsc3-26.jpg

Hello Ladies & Gents, I am Ivan in Alaska.

I just joined as i am the proud new ( third ) owner of a like new 49 y/o RCVR: Sansui QR 6500. I am 55 Y/O, i have wanted a quad receiver ever since i listened to one back in the early 1980's. A minty one popped up on craigslist ( a rare occurrence here in Alaska ) and i was the lucky first responder. It came with the owners manual, the service manual, the warranty card, a large laminated card that shows the info on the both the front controls and the back connections AND a little booklet titled " The wonderful World of FOUR CHANNELS " ( original owner was a Sansui dealer in New Jersey. )

It was a package deal including 4 Pioneer CS-66 speakers in great shape. ( and the original owners guide for them )

I have a Pioneer PL55DX ( Another recent acquisition from CL ) that will need a shibata stylus now that i have a Quad Receiver. I think i need a new cartridge for it as I believe the one that came with it is not optimal for quad? It is marked as V40A, from my research it seems to be an AudioTechnica AT10 rebranded by Kenwood, the stylus was bent.

My everyday TT is a Dual 1219, Love it. I have been running it Through my Denon AVR-3310CI.

I set up the QR 6500 with the Dual and pair of Sansui SP 1500's in STEREO and have been loving it for last 3 days.
I am going to recap the 1500s but they are not bad, the surrounds are very stiff so i need to learn if i should re-surround them or if there is some way to soften them up ( they are not torn, just stiff from age, like me. )

I also have pair of Acoustic Research AR2ax's that are awaiting a recap and pair of Marantz Imperial G-5's.
What i do not have is enough space.

So to recap ( pun intended ) i am i need of a shibata stylus or cart/stylus and more quad LP's.

I have a few LP's of varying "quad" formats somewhere that i have been saving thinking i would need them someday, ( it is now someday )
I look forward to learning from this great resource.
Ivan.

Good afternoon nice to have you here.
I haven't been on the forums in a few weeks so sorry for the delayed response in welcoming you here. This is Forbidden Fruit.

wc62019crop.jpg

Hello everybody!

I have always liked the multichannel surround music and recently, with a new Home Cinema build, I have entered the immersive 3D world with Dolby Atmos and discovered DTS:X and Auro-3D.

Googling for Dolby Atmos Music (real) releases I found, in some post here, the last chance to get the Max Cooper Emergence Atmos, from his bandcamp, before it was sold out.

Then, I began to lurk a little in this site, to see what it was like, and.... I have discovered a huge world of info in this forums. I have finally register here.

I don't know how I have been living without QuadraphonicQuad before!
Welcome make yourself comfortable. You will find more ways to spend money while here.

Hello...I'm new here and I've been interested in surround sound for years — ever since I saw an old quadraphonic tape unit in a thrift store that was on sale. I'm looking for classical and electronic music in surround (5.1 or 7.1) and I can't find anything except Dolby DTS promotional videos and there doesn't seem to be much out there. I did find one (used) forty disc blu-ray classical music set on sale on Amazon that supposedly in surround. Just looking for suggestions on were I can find music if it's still possible.

Hello and welcome. Electronic is out there. I have Kinobe, Paul Van Dyk, and Groove Armada among others on SACD and Tipper and others on DVDaudio

Hi!

I'm very new to quadraphonics and am excited to learn. I did, at one time, have a sorta-quad Dark Side of the Moon that I used to play on my 5.1 DVD player. :)

Can anyone suggest a "guide to quadraphonic newbies" book?

Thanks! View attachment 50047

Hello and welcome First you think quad, then 5.1 and when you think you have it dialed in you realize you need to add quad in the ceiling for Atmos. It never ends.

Well now - it being WELL into 2020 - and considering the thread is entitled 2019 - it's absolutely no wonder that I unintentionally simply whizzed on by - struggling to learn where is the search function is - or the "search for a section" (oh no wait there isn't one - you have to blindly waddle around until falling into a thread)?

Yes - so newbies corner.
in 2020 too wow.

I'm here.
So too are all of you.
Needless to say my Gravatar "avatar" has now followed me into this website alongside my several now posts - hence a Google Search - (or a wordpressed one will do) of my unique username (well it was in 1965 when someone commented on my ability to QU-ickly_f-IX something - hence the term QUIX came to mean something other than what I thought it meant ..

Being
Q-uantum U-nits of I-nnovative (e)X-ponentials (for you) = QUIX4U

In other words - Quantum leaps and bounds can be made quickly - (by simply Gogle searching my username - without me telling you anything about me at all.

One just needs to jump across otherwise devoid spaces (via the internet) - whilst travelling within one;s mind's eye - learning of spacial related problems, if?

IF one thinks along the lines of a good old gaming controller's buttons - be they Sega - or Playstation - X-box etc
(or other type gaming controller's braille section buttons)..

THE SQUARE - is only the twit who stays within the inner circle ..
Hence GET OUT of your inner CIRCLE (it's not the surround "sound" space that you thought it was).

DO NOT simply say - ?
Oh look another audio channel - a third one - so it must be that it's a TRIANGLE
(from where my earlier than 1965 "triangulation methods" of placements of sound - came to pass, and pass they did - three meaning ONLY the start of my TRIPELLO™ audio's journeys into 3D & beyond (4th dimension & 5th etc etc..

Concerning not just audio and other things innovative.
But the true mneaning of the raised braille symbols - on a gaming controller pad.

[_] = Square
O = Circle
/_\ = Triangle..
The simplest form of three dimensional stability is to use three speakers
2D audio creating a mere flat plan in 2 dimensions only - is similar as to having no spacial "fixed position" (or sound staging ability).

Ask any halfway good farm fuel supplier of overhead tank-stands..
& They'll tell you that if you take away a third leg - from any supporting tower, and HOPE to keep the tank upright by using the remaining two legs
?
They will tell you that they WILL NOT support the tank - as it will fall over and crash to the ground.
One needs at least three legs - to retain anything in a tank (above ground)

One also needs more than two speakers to maintain spacial effects in audio noise fields.

BUT . in saying that
DO NOT stay at a mere three (or a smaller 2.1 for that matter) TRIANGULATED system

The TRIANGLE is merely a trigonometry MAP, to allow you to look further than just three points of contact

Away out in the wilderness of surround sound - it's there - where?
Yes
X marks the spot ..

No not the virtual digitally created sweet spot - which is utterly useless for anything other than ONE listener - in a sound listening room, where oh look - all of your audiophile friends are doing their daMnedess - to hear exactly what you do, not knowing that audio frequencies interfere with each other - all around & through the air where the listeners are standing - or walking / talking within? To the annoying extent that sound may DOUBLE in loudness (it's not volume unless there is a 3D space to fill - by being a mere 2 Dimensional area - sound cannot be measured in volume - as there is none - it's a 2D flat area - not a volumetric space)

OR - sound interferes with itself, sometimes totally removing ANYTHING from being heard - even right beside a VERY LOUD loudspeaker at full noise.?

& Yes - it can happen (total silence) if two speakers are sufficiently close to each other to totally SUCK all audio "content" out of the air that a listener needs to hear with, as it is pulled into another 180 degree opposed speaker, when played at full loudness.!!!!

Now where was I - oh yes blubbering on again - about interferences.

All audiophiles here - who use ears to hear - should know that inner ear hair - inside an ear canal - ?
Oops wandering off into pictures of one's ear hairs, taken in a photograph of someone's ear canal?

Being the stupid marketing info - surrounding the useless PICTURE your new 360 degree app needs to take - of your ears / ears?

Yes - a picture is taken to prove you need to spend whackloads on special spacial equipment that you will never use, don't need and will be utterly useless to you soon anyways?
Being that a so-called virtual 360 degree sound effects App, can map a picture of your ear canal - to optimise the listening environment - to give the correct "volume" - which somehow can be created by Sony - just by taking a snapshot of your physical ear canal -

Oh my lorde - what utter poppycock - my EARS do not show - my inability to HEAR high pitched screaming sounds, about the excessively loud Tinnitus that's in there already?
Nor will it fix years of loud noises and industrial machinery - basting my hearing to hell an gone?

So - how to hear what your 1970's parents HAIR stopped them from hearing "here or there" too

If one had gone to WOODSTOCK to hear that open air - live concert - one would have very soon discovered that MOST (if not all) of the on-stage music - was immediately LOST within the crowds of people and the poor acoustics of open space - filled with talking / singing or blindly crooning HIPPIES half cut on some speed, weed or another lift them up drug of choice.?

Amps - strategically placed around the WOODSTOCK site, helped (but also destroyed) most of the rest of the audio there, as interferences between speaker towers, all "pumping out" exactly the same PA audio - ?
Oops walk a little close to that tower babe - as the "air" at the halfway stage - is as dead as a doornail - or hit sideways on, by some other loudspeaker tower - shooting you with yet another out of balance - same frequency / slightly time delayed enough to self-cancel out the first sounds from the tower, or towers closer to you..
It's a problem with all open air loud hailer audio systems..
As a different distant tower - fires an audio source directly at you - in between a line of "parted" swaying hipsters.
SOUND, crisp clean done in a sterile sound proofed studio - can ONLY be replicated in the same studio - if one places the exact microphone "speaker" - at the new speaker's placement - to ensure th crystal clear sound - is exactly that - the SAME sound crystal clear.

Fortunately - our ears are as bad acoustically - as our active ability to spatially distance things..
Thus - one can HEAR almost as good as the original artists thought they played well enough at - all their concert sounds, if one removes all other interferences from that day..?

Or - if one doesn't start being stupid, by assuming an app cn take a picture of your outer ear canals - to provide you with optimal sound experiences - based ONLY upon a dumb user's smartphone, that can do amazing things within your ears - that no amount of telling you to use ear protectors ever did, when you used that chainsaw last week, the lawnmower every weekend, or that shotgun blast all day long at the clay pigeon "shoot offs' ?
((after you forgot to put on your earmuffs).

All you need is a LOT MORE SPEAKERS than your two ears, one brain & two eyes, and a simple mind - tell you that a sound is staged - AT - somewhere..?

All you need is a system that can do all of that - by doing absolutely NOTHING to the pre-recorded music - other than simply playing it.

But what the hell would i know - I've just spent almost my entire life - trying to find multiple channels inside all music that is presented to me.
EVEN PURE MONO - as?
Yes - i have very successfully converted a SINGLE 17 second airplayed "clip" - of a local fire-siren wailer - screaming loudly that another weekly TRAING / test night - was starting again - helping to keep the local & not so local fire fighters on their toes..?

Check this out..
Multiple aeroplanes - using propellers to power themselves through the flickering pages in the virtual movie I made - inside my PC's movie maker program, forcing stills pictures to virtually be whizzing in and out of valleys and suchlike - on an amazingly long overhead armada - of similar planes - as they?
Oh you have music playing - sorry we're drowning that out..

I made two videos - one using a micro-mono cassette's recording of just 17 seconds duration - as the local firefighters were audibly called out, to another weekly training session ..

And spent well over three MONTHS doing micro-adjustments to - and re-recording remasters, over the top of these few seconds of "sound" - as i slowed down, sped up and otherwise manipulated the audio to suit my "done-by-ear" style of remastering..

To get a super lengthy (I had a full 79 minute CD at one stage) - long enough sound, to do an extended length video - for a fellow YourTuber - that I eventually got into a video with all the wonderful propellor planes too.?

0:17 NOW PLAYING
WATCH LATER
ADD TO QUEUE

(Vid_14) Found - the missing 17secs (a series for Goregoon) about a MONO Fire Siren "clip"

QUIX4U

435 views10 years ago

Goregoon.... I found "IT" The missing 17 secs As it was also JUST an audio clip - I had to toss it across something... so did a quick whizz past my van & merged the windy noised vid - onto the...

11:01
NOW PLAYING

QUIXww3 Propellors Make Echoes Everywhere Creating Timeless Music Forever Here Roxburgh Fire Siren

QUIX4U

466 views10 years ago

QUIX4U QUIXww3 Propellors Make Their Echoes Everywhere Creating Timeless Music Forever Here ...!!! DO NOT INCREASE SOUND LEVELS ... THIS IS NOT A SILENT FILM ... ((( YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ))...

TDLDR

:unsure: :SB :unsure: Ummmmmmmmmmm Hiya QUIXY lol Snood read all that and was with ya through the Gaming stuff (a lil) then Snood head go Boom o_O:giggle:o_O

Welcome aboard and Ya you might fit in here also tooooooo :SB

The videos were um ok um yeah sooooo what were they again? :unsure:

Welcome aboard and hoping your musical tastes are as intriguing as your words and videos. :LB Make sure to ask and post all ya want, might have to put them in Snoodman terms for peeps like Snood though :giggle:

They are just demo tracks - proving that multiple channel analogue audio is easily play it direct - as it plays ..
No delays, no digital altering - or decoding via any electronic decoder - just pure plug & play multiple ch surround ..

Using the normal 2 channel speaker outputs, to drive multiple channels of "un-muxed" electrical circuits .. to get ?

Well the VU globes rip the DC voltages off the top of the underlying AC speaker voice coils, ensuring these can be harder driven - without fear of them being fried with DC clipping..

Thus..
No wucking forries M8 ..
I'll do one better than merely explaining - too many words are needed to get my own head around this, and IO've been dealing with it for nigh on 55 years ;) - thus I'll just toss a C&C audio track or two across, & to H (ell) with doing the gaming - when one can PLAY (with) their inbuilt audio sound tracks..
Red Alert 2 (here's some of that audio - in multiple analogue surround, from C&C's Red Alert game II )

CD 1..

& - Hearm toss your Hair - to Hear here, another - with different sound effects..

From the same game DVD ..

Oh and thank you - for the follow..

I have not introduced myself to the forum members. What drew me here was when I purchased the Quadraphonic LP by Suzanne Ciani I wanted to find out how it would do with SQ encoded vinyl records. I soon found out, it didn't do it very well if at all. So hello! I am enjoying my Surround Master V2 very much that I received today!

Last edited:
I have not introduced myself to the forum members. What drew me here was when I purchased the Quadraphonic LP by Suzanne Ciani I wanted to find out how it would do with SQ encoded vinyl records. I soon found out, it didn't do it very well if at all. So hello! I am enjoying my Surround Master V2 very much that I received it today!

Awesome...don't be a stranger on the threads...almost 2 years on here and only 18 posts...c'mon...join in the fun :hi

Hi all. Good to find some surround audiophiles.
Most of my multi-channel music is on SACD but since getting the Oppo 205 I have also been checking out other formats like DVD (eg. Jethro Tull).
Made my first stereo from junk at 14. NAD 3020 at 18. NADs then Rotels and Sony digital.
Sold my 300 or so vinyls in the 1980s to fund CDs. Got into Laser Disc and hooked up some rear speakers.
Had lots of music videos and concerts on Beta, Laser Disc and then DVD and Blu Ray.
Love my Australian made VAF speakers.
Going multi-channel digital was a big leap from the stack of Rotel power amps.
Around 2005 I got a new 2003 Sony TA-DA9000ES for a bargain price with a Firewire interface from the disc player.
Sony made it as the ultimate for multichannel music from SACD. Optimised for DSD. So much power and the sound is so clean.
I would love to hook the Oppo 205 up to a NAD T-778 to see if it can match the sound of the Sony.

Hi all. Good to find some surround audiophiles.
Most of my multi-channel music is on SACD but since getting the Oppo 205 I have also been checking out other formats like DVD (eg. Jethro Tull).
Made my first stereo from junk at 14. NAD 3020 at 18. NADs then Rotels and Sony digital.
Sold my 300 or so vinyls in the 1980s to fund CDs. Got into Laser Disc and hooked up some rear speakers.
Had lots of music videos and concerts on Beta, Laser Disc and then DVD and Blu Ray.
Love my Australian made VAF speakers.
Going multi-channel digital was a big leap from the stack of Rotel power amps.
Around 2005 I got a new 2003 Sony TA-DA9000ES for a bargain price with a Firewire interface from the disc player.
Sony made it as the ultimate for multichannel music from SACD. Optimised for DSD. So much power and the sound is so clean.
I would love to hook the Oppo 205 up to a NAD T-778 to see if it can match the sound of the Sony.
Welcome & great intro mboddy (may I call you M?). Love your equipment history & I'll have to look up what VAF speakers are. So what kinda music do you like?

Perhaps you've noticed that there are several other members here from down under. Australia seems to be a hot spot for surround sound activity.

Last edited:
Back