Rhino to Release Doobie Brothers QUADIO Edition! (ARCHIVE THREAD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although The Captain And Me has the bulk of the "killer" songs, I've always preferred Toulouse Street as a body-of-work album. I've never really taken a liking to Dark Eyed Cajun Woman, Without You and Evil Woman on TCAM. But I never skip tracks when listening to Toulouse Street. It was one of my first CD-4 records and I played the heck out of it. I don't have the other two albums in this upcoming set, so I'm very much looking forward to hearing them....in QUAD!!!

Oh, and I prefer not to go to a dentist's office for my casual listening. :p
I totally agree and will buy Quadio just for Toulouse Street since I own Captain & Me on DVD-Audio. I so excited to experience it in Quad!

Looks like an ad for "Just for Men". Why do old guys insist on dying their hair. Not too obvious.......

I used to color mine when it first started turning gray, not to fool anyone but because something about the relatively small amount of gray mixed in with the dark brown just looked really, really messy.

But I was also lazy about it, so the color would wash out, I'd let it go for weeks, finally get sick of it, color it again...etc. After a few years, the gray took over and I was happy to leave it alone. Haven't colored it for probably 15 years or more now.

My favorite: I once took a week's vacation, colored it at some point during that week, came back to the office on Monday and had multiple people tell me "You look so rested!"

I'm happy to dye my hair after every cut. Sideburns are now snow-white otherwise. I'm not ready to throw in the towel and just say it's all fine going gray. A few specs are fine and all, but not pure white side burns. LA has been somewhat of a factor, all the marketing and young "coolness" might have some influence.

Happy to have gyms opening back up today, and I refuse to let my body settle into its age number as well.

If one blu ray fails we will still have 3 playable discs. :p

Well no reports of any Chicago Quadio discs going Boom.............so maybe look at glass half full and back your sheeeeeeeeeeeeet (discs) up.

But yeah Snood get it..........but it seemingly rare.

So far, Rhino seems very quality :LB

Well no reports of any Chicago Quadio discs going Boom.............so maybe look at glass half full and back your sheeeeeeeeeeeeet (discs) up.

But yeah Snood get it..........but it seemingly rare.

So far, Rhino seems very quality :LB
It's easy to get paranoid about blu ray failure. I played a blu ray movie the other day and there was a 'stutter'. Took the disc out and it had fingerprints on it. A clean fixed it.

OK gents. For my penance, I listened to Dark Eyed Cajun Woman, Without You and Evil Woman all in a row...and no other tracks off of that album. I'll probably do this again some time as these songs have a certain synergy when played in this sequence all in a row. Try it.

View attachment 52428

Yes that is good that way...but have you played them backwards for the secret message? o_O

I hope I’m dead wrong about this, but here goes anyway. Some here have speculated a retail price of about $60 for the set. I’m thinking it could go as high as $119.95 due to inflation, raises etc. This would make it $30 a disc. The Sony 7” SACDs are more, and the DV SACDs half that. Anything up to that high mark is OK by me, I sometimes pay more for old analog format titles of lesser interest. Also more for OOP old titles I give half a shit about than I do for these upcoming DBs BD at a higher resolution. I’ve definitely baulked at high dollar box sets though for sure, like the PFs.

Looks like an ad for "Just for Men". Why do old guys insist on dying their hair. Not too obvious.......

Because it makes one look 10~20 years younger [if done right]......try it sometime....never too late to be a "Chick Magnet!"
Listen To The Music.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back