Eagles Live from the Forum 2018

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think the actual performance will match the previous one
Vince Gill has played with just about everybody and definitely worthy of the Eagles IMO, so we'll see (some time has passed for the whole band though.) I have family (through my wife) in Nashville that are related to Vince Gill, but I've never personally met him, but also he seems like a hell of a nice guy. Also he's on some of those Eric Clapton Crossroads concerts and can seriously tear up the guitar when he wants to.

Who’d a thunk sharing a simple press release would stir up such tsouris? I for one am looking forward to hearing how Vince Gill fits in - a personal fave and world class musician (IMHO). Everyone have a safe July 4th.

At least we're paying attention! :)

I also saw the Eagles on this tour with Vince and Deacon and I thought they did an excellent job. Obviously I'd rather have Glenn and was heartbroken when he passed, but these two men did a really wonderful job of taking over his songs. Deacon took the more "fun" ones like Take It Easy, Vince took the more difficult ones. Vince singing Take It To The Limit was money. Way better than Glenn ever sang it. And Don still sounds amazing of course.

Well I'm watching it now as I type this......its fine not great!!!! Why you ask? IMHO this is why concert ticket prices are $500 instead of $7.50 because ROCK BANDS were and always and should be a band in their original form without all the orchestras and back-up singers.....isn't that what Rock Music was all about in the 1st place? I saw The Eagles on the Long Run Tour at the CNE Stadium in Toronto way back when without all the extra players.....much better then. To be raw and raunchy, psychedelic and sounding good that's what it's all about to me anyways. It now seems to me that we should get back to basics without all that GLITZ.

OMG....just saw the ad for the Hotel California Tour 2021 with full orchestra!! Well I guess tix will be $750 instead of $7.50 for any tix in the 1st 10 rows on the floor. Guess it's their retirement fund. In the good old days back in good old TO when I was a member of Cheap Thrills I had 4 tix reserved at Maple Leaf Gardens in the 7th row center for every show.....those were the days....that's how my career as a freelance photographer started😀

Last edited:
Well I think this show should have been called "Joe Walsh Live at the LA Forum" because his songs STOLE the show (but the orchestra fusked it up) would have been better without them

Well, I sampled just a little bit of the ESPN broadcast tonight. The surround mix is not like the Hell Freezes Over or Farewell Tour DVDs. Not much discrete information in the rears, if any at all. :(
Well it's just an ESPN broadcast.....what else would you expect? And WTF why is a sports network broadcasting a rock concert for in the 1st place? Guess they are sponsoring their retirement tour next year....that's if we get rid of the deadly virus, that Trump seems to ignore

I read somewhere there is a scheduled commercial release of this show sometime the end of this year. We should really withhold judgmnet until we have that in our hands.

Sadly their set list hasn't changed in decades. This concert appeared to me to be almost identical to the Farewell Tour set list, which, if true, makes this new version somewhat disposable as their voices would obviously be better 18 years ago, plus Glenn was with them. Vince and Deacon were fine, I have to say, but some of these tunes have been beaten to death. I mean, in 1977 I loved Hotel California. Today, it's a track I skip. Oh well.

If you really want to blow my skirt up about the Eagles (now that you have that visual firmly stuck in your head
JP-SUP.png
)
is this little jewel, in a new modern clean release-
https://www.discogs.com/Eagles-On-The-Border/release/7419300

Last edited:
For those that missed it, it is starting again NOW (8pm EDT) on ESPN2, and will also replay on July 13th on ESPN. Joe just told me:

eagles.jpg

Last edited:
Back