10 Most Underrated Surround Albums on Digital Formats ONLY!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been a number of releases over the years with both DVD-A and DVD-V editions. Another that comes to mind is Porcupine Tree's Deadwing, which had a standalone DVD-A from dts Entertainment and a combo CD/DVD-V on Lava/Atlantic.

Yeah. I recall Britney Spears was one, as was the Bob Jovi "Have A Nice Day", but I was unaware of a WB DualDisc with DVD-A that was replaced with a Dolby Digital side. The fact that is only came out in the EU as DVD-V makes a bit more sense but still seems strange. That album was towards the end of the WB DVD-A era.

Yeah. I recall Britney Spears was one, as was the Bob Jovi "Have A Nice Day", but I was unaware of a WB DualDisc with DVD-A that was replaced with a Dolby Digital side. The fact that is only came out in the EU as DVD-V makes a bit more sense but still seems strange. That album was towards the end of the WB DVD-A era.

bizarrely the EU 5.1 of "Back Home" isn't even a DualDisc, its a 2-disc set with a CD and a DVD-V! o_O

while i think of it there were some other Warners 5.1 anomalies, like The Donnas "Gold Medal", the version that you kindly gave me was the DualDisc U.S.A. release where we had only a CD + DVD-A here in Europe.

....and there was a slightly different situation with the Barenaked Ladies "Everything To Everyone", that had standalone a DVD-A release, a DVD-A DualDisc version and a 2-disc "CD + DVD-A" version in the U.S.... phew!

That is strange. I wonder why they did that. Mine is absolutely a DVD-Audio disc as I played it quite a bit in the Acura when it first came out.
Mine appears to be a US release (I got it in the UK when it came out) its got a 'making of' video on the DVD as well, and is in NTSC format with surround! The front cover of the digi-pack has the DVD-Video symbol. I've never tried ripping it, I'll have a go maybe the author didn't understand you can do a DVD-A/V, so they never put the LPCM on, or maybe its hidden.

Back