INVOLVE - COMING NEW TECHNOLOGY

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if this is the right thread or if it has been covered elsewhere.

I have looked at the possibility of recording the output from the Involve 'Little Bluey'.
I am quite basic in my understanding of whether this is at all possible.
Ideally I would like to route the output via my PC or Laptop to enable recording to take place.
Am I totally up a gum tree with this, or is it possible?

I am relying on the folk here, with far better understanding of this, to give me a nudge in the right direction.

I hope it is possible!!
How do you intend on feeding your Involve 'Little Bluey' Mike?
I use my old Denon DVD-3910 and a TT, but an Oppo 103-105 would be a much better choice. Also most things through to the SMv2 via RCA cables and a switch box would work.
I still need to load my MOTU UltraLiteMk4 software on the NUC Win. 10 and see how it handles it. Currently have it running through my Win. 7 Pro. machine via USB into Adobe Audition 3 which works; Audacity does not see the multi-channel feed. Although some Apple users here say their Audacity works for multi-channel. I believe the roadblock is how the main OS drivers (and working with the DAW software) handles the multi-channel inputs. Just know that recording in "real time" has much more work/monitoring involvement to it than say an up-mixer like Penteo. But then if you want to get into actual digital conversion of say stereo or Quad LPs etc. that's a whole other ball game.

Here's a couple threads on these issues.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/5-1-multi-channel-music-on-a-desktop-system.26402/
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/focusrite-scarlett-review-stay-away.27276/

How do you intend on feeding your Involve 'Little Bluey' Mike?
I use my old Denon DVD-3910 and a TT, but an Oppo 103-105 would be a much better choice. Also most things through to the SMv2 via RCA cables and a switch box would work.
I still need to load my MOTU UltraLiteMk4 software on the NUC Win. 10 and see how it handles it. Currently have it running through my Win. 7 Pro. machine via USB into Adobe Audition 3 which works; Audacity does not see the multi-channel feed. Although some Apple users here say their Audacity works for multi-channel. I believe the roadblock is how the main OS drivers (and working with the DAW software) handles the multi-channel inputs. Just know that recording in "real time" has much more work/monitoring involvement to it than say an up-mixer like Penteo. But then if you want to get into actual digital conversion of say stereo or Quad LPs etc. that's a whole other ball game.

Here's a couple threads on these issues.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/5-1-multi-channel-music-on-a-desktop-system.26402/
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/focusrite-scarlett-review-stay-away.27276/
Huge thanks for that Pups
Not sure yet, as need to read up on it more.
All this edumacation is slowly getting into this wobbly old noggin. :)

Here is evidence that we are still alive and breathing in these corona days. This is a real touchy feely version of the new Y4 amplifier. Notice how we have gone for a minimalist look. It does have comprehensive controls by a very simple menu structure

Attachments

• IMG_20200420_132153.jpg
    IMG_20200420_132153.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 187
The problem with that is that, since you're not separating the rear signals from the front, you have less apparent separation. If you also use the front outputs, the effect will be more "discrete" than the way you're doing it.

Hey Jaybird100
Since I've been hanging around the house and listening a lot, I decided to re-visit your suggested hookup AND LEAVE IT THIS TIME. As I tend to be a tinkerer, sometimes I just can't leave well enough alone. I'll have to say that after several days of becoming acclimated to the new sound I'll probably be leaving it this way. I have discovered though, that in SQ mode, the front channels have a soft static sound that fortunately is masked by the music and doesn't get louder with increased volume. After multiple transistor failures, all semiconductors except the unobtanium decoder chips and the shitload of diodes (55) this unit has have been replaced, I may shotgun the diodes too. Sounds good, though. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hey Surroundies

Just to keep you awake at nights, here is a photo of a built and working Y4 10 channel 1200 W Class D total amplification (NO heatsinks!) surround amplifier with 8 channels of electrostatic drive (count the transformers!) and all of our Sweet Spot Technology and our Involve decode. In the background is the great and powerful Chris doing stuff.

IMG_20200504_154659.jpg

Hey Surroundies

Just to keep you awake at nights, here is a photo of a built and working Y4 10 channel 1200 W Class D total amplification (NO heatsinks!) surround amplifier with 8 channels of electrostatic drive (count the transformers!) and all of our Sweet Spot Technology and our Involve decode. In the background is the great and powerful Chris doing stuff.

View attachment 50618
For the love of a “nice big clean ‘n shiny unit” is the perspective right on this pic- what’s the dimensions?

Hey Surroundies

View attachment 50618
No heatsinks but it has a fan....
Is each xfmr part of individual power supplies for each channel?

No heatsinks but it has a fan....
Is each xfmr part of individual power supplies for each channel?

Sorry cannot remember the dimensions but the video gives a good idea. Yes the fan cuts in at high volume and high temperature, its really not needed but we have some nervous Nelly's. The transformers are not powering the amplifiers- they are being driven by the class D amplifiers as they are the step up 100:1 ratio electrostatic speaker transformers!!

You found our pictures!

So, Chucky, it's RALPH THE BITCH. When are you going to sell me the super duper Elite model of your surround master, v2, for my ALL Meridian system? NO glaring lights, state of the art internal wiring and gold plated plugs that snugly embrace high end RCA interconnects?

And LOVINGLY shipped out, personally, by Dave the bitch....sealed with a KISS! ❤

Will anxiously await your reply?

So, Chucky, it's RALPH THE BITCH. When are you going to sell me the super duper Elite model of your surround master, v2, for my ALL Meridian system? NO glaring lights, state of the art internal wiring and gold plated plugs that snugly embrace high end RCA interconnects?

And LOVINGLY shipped out, personally, by Dave the bitch....sealed with a KISS! ❤

Will anxiously await your reply?
For an ectra $2k, I would gladly suck every last bit of oxygen from the copper pcb tracks personally!

Here is evidence that we are still alive and breathing in these corona days. This is a real touchy feely version of the new Y4 amplifier. Notice how we have gone for a minimalist look. It does have comprehensive controls by a very simple menu structure

I wouldn't say minimalist....that screams George Jetson and RUDI(Referential Universal Digital Indexer)...very nice indeed :dance

Back