Suzanne Ciani: A New Quad Release

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Purchase and download the stereo version
  2. In the downloaded folder there is a pdf file with the download link and and liner notes. That is what I pasted into post #7 with the link x-ed out
  3. If the link doesn't work, it's still corrupt, but you can reply to the thank you email you receive with your paid order and ask for help
When I tried to play the 88.2 quad wave file from USB on my X800, I could only hear the front channels.
I converted it to flac, and it plays fine now.

There is a 5.1 wave file available with flat line center and sub that may work better on some systems.
Link works. Thanks! Since you can download the spatial files at point of purchase I didn't think I would need to do it again to get the additional info.

I purchased and downloaded as per the pdf liner notes with the link indicated above. I am using Audacity to listen to it. I can hear all channels discreetly in quadraphonic using it. There is no need to convert to Flac if you use Audacity freeware software. I am using the Involve Surround Master V2 with the Involve 4.1 setting.

I purchased and downloaded as per the pdf liner notes with the link indicated above. I am using Audacity to listen to it. I can hear all channels discreetly in quadraphonic using it. There is no need to convert to Flac if you use Audacity freeware software. I am using the Involve Surround Master V2 with the Involve 4.1 setting.
No need to convert for me either. I just extracted the files to the ext HDD I use on my Oppo & it worked fine. I have only listned to the 5.1 discrete so far. The music really holds your attention & the soundfield just sort of wraps you up. Great stuff.

INVOLVE AND SUZANNE NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave the Bitch and my good self had a chat with Suzanne this morning about her future STEREO vinyl releases and it turns out her confusion is that she wants to hear the INVOLVE encode recording format played back in Stereo, Dolby pl2, Neo, DTS, ambiosonics and whatever........ and then finally played back through good ol INVOLVE.

Strangely, the lovely, quirky, talented and ever charming Suzanne does not have a home surround setup with one of those wretched surround "receivers" with all those crap formats! She would like to listen to her INVOLVE based surround vinyl record and some other INVOLVE based recording that we will supply.

SO HERE IS THE PUNCHLINE

The lovely Suzanne lives in the San francisco area and would love to visit one of you guys that have all the other crap systems/ formats, a turntable and with Surround Master all set up so she can hear the cross compatibility. This is all with a view of future INVOLVE based stereo vinyl releases

CAN ANY OF YOU EXTREME WACKY QQ SURROUNDY TYPES IN THE SANFRANCISO HELP!!!!!

INVOLVE AND SUZANNE NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave the Bitch and my good self had a chat with Suzanne this morning about her future STEREO vinyl releases and it turns out her confusion is that she wants to hear the INVOLVE encode recording format played back in Stereo, Dolby pl2, Neo, DTS, ambiosonics and whatever........ and then finally played back through good ol INVOLVE.

Strangely, the lovely, quirky, talented and ever charming Suzanne does not have a home surround setup with one of those wretched surround "receivers" with all those crap formats! She would like to listen to her INVOLVE based surround vinyl record and some other INVOLVE based recording that we will supply.

SO HERE IS THE PUNCHLINE

The lovely Suzanne lives in the San francisco area and would love to visit one of you guys that have all the other crap systems/ formats, a turntable and with Surround Master all set up so she can hear the cross compatibility. This is all with a view of future INVOLVE based stereo vinyl releases

CAN ANY OF YOU EXTREME WACKY QQ SURROUNDY TYPES IN THE SANFRANCISO HELP!!!!!

Who are some of our folks in the Bay Area?
A little help here, please, long-time members?

@bmoura
@marpow
@humprof

@bmoura
@marpow
@humprof

I have an office setup that could accommodate well-ventilated, physically-distanced listening with one other person in the room--but I'm afraid I'm in far northern California, quite some distance from the Bay Area.

@bmoura
@marpow
@humprof
Wow incredible to consider. To have a personal visit by Suzanne at your home. And listen to music she made. And share the fun of surround sound. I would expect SF area QQ'ers to jump at the chance. I know I would if I lived there!

No need to convert for me either. I just extracted the files to the ext HDD I use on my Oppo & it worked fine. I have only listned to the 5.1 discrete so far. The music really holds your attention & the soundfield just sort of wraps you up. Great stuff.
I downloaded the 5.1 version and encoded it myself, using the Evaluation encoder module. It worked quite well.

I downloaded the 5.1 version and encoded it myself, using the Evaluation encoder module. It worked quite well.
Her previous Quadraphonic Live recording I DL'ed in discrete high res FLAC. As an experiment I QS encoded it in Adobe Audition. I couldn't do the Involve Smart Encode but it was easy peasy to do regular QS. Comparing the discrete to QS through the SM v2 the latter was indistinguishable from the discrete.

Her previous Quadraphonic Live recording I DL'ed in discrete high res FLAC. As an experiment I QS encoded it in Adobe Audition. I couldn't do the Involve Smart Encode but it was easy peasy to do regular QS. Comparing the discrete to QS through the SM v2 the latter was indistinguishable from the discrete.
Do you have the smart Involve encoder evaluation module?

Well Sir, I'm not in any kind of audio/music biz, I don't do podcasts like Bill Brent, & I wouldn't be doing lots of encoding of discrete material for use in my car, etc. So I have never felt the need to to spend $$ just to play with it.

Well Sir, I'm not in any kind of audio/music biz, I don't do podcasts like Bill Brent, & I wouldn't be doing lots of encoding of discrete material for use in my car, etc. So I have never felt the need to to spend $$ just to play with it.
It's more like I respect your knowledge / opinion/ comments and santa Chucky might give you a present (you pay postage).

Back