Pink Floyd DSOTM & WYWH 5.1 Surround SACD Reissues

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased the Blu-ray for these two imported from Russia on Ebay for $25 each. It is the version from the Immersion box sets. I wasn't a big fan of the artwork so I moved my EMI import CD's to 2 Disc cases and added the discs to them.

I purchased the Blu-ray for these two imported from Russia on Ebay for $25 each. It is the version from the Immersion box sets. I wasn't a big fan of the artwork so I moved my EMI import CD's to 2 Disc cases and added the discs to them.

Just so you know, you purchased illegitimate bootlegs of those Blu-Rays...

Imported from Russia usually means "made in Russia"...as in bootleg copies...

That sucks! They didn't look like bootlegs. I have always supported the artists and studios to keep the business alive. I thought Blu-ray's were copy protected? I will have to upgrade them.

Last edited:
That sucks! They didn't look like bootlegs. I have always supported the artists and studios to keep the business alive. I thought Blu-ray's were copy protected? I will have to upgrade them.

IMO...the real problem with buying these Russian copies is a security issue....I bought one of these "fakes" and months later my Ebay account was hacked...some of these Russian bootlegs come from a highly sophisticated criminal enterprise...what they want is your personal information....so they gain your name and address and some pay pal information which they can sell to identity thieves...they exploited a back door weakness on Ebay….they put a fake product for sale on my ebay account and had the money sent to another paypal account....I notified paypal and gave them the other paypal account and they stopped the transaction....because these transactions originate overseas....they don't attempt any prosecution...

Many think these transactions are harmless...and I must admit I'm of the group that don't really care about the royalty situation....but this identity stealing is dangerous and one must be careful right now...

IMO...the real problem with buying these Russian copies is a security issue....I bought one of these "fakes" and months later my Ebay account was hacked...some of these Russian bootlegs come from a highly sophisticated criminal enterprise...what they want is your personal information....so they gain your name and address and some pay pal information which they can sell to identity thieves...they exploited a back door weakness on Ebay….they put a fake product for sale on my ebay account and had the money sent to another paypal account....I notified paypal and gave them the other paypal account and they stopped the transaction....because these transactions originate overseas....they don't attempt any prosecution...

Many think these transactions are harmless...and I must admit I'm of the group that don't really care about the royalty situation....but this identity stealing is dangerous and one must be careful right now...
Guess I've been lucky I've either bought 3 or 4 Blu Rays from the Russians over the past 2-3 years and have never had a problem with my eBay account......🙏......what I was worried about is that there would be files on the disc itself that would hack you computer or something like that or worse.

I love this forum for just honest people who love to have quality sound in their lives. I can't imagine life without music. I highly recommend Aura Identity Guard for less than $7 a month. I just signed up and they really cover all the info they need to make sure you are safe. On top of that you get $!,000,000 insurance in protection if you are a victim. I was worried but really happy that they didn't find any corruption on the dark web or with any accounts. I was really impressed in this service for the peace of mind that someone has my back. It even works on your social media accounts to make them secure. Again, THANK YOU FOR THE HEADS UP!!!

Got an email from Acoustic Sounds saying my for SOMETHING could not be put through due to payment issues......Snood was like :unsure: Hmmmmm what order?????

Called them up and said whaaaaa??? They said PF DSOTM reissue is coming in and they tried to put through my CC and info had changed. I was like Woah that was a whillllllllllllle back. Apparently they are finally getting their shipment in LOL. :rolleyes:

Got an email from Acoustic Sounds saying my for SOMETHING could not be put through due to payment issues......Snood was like :unsure: Hmmmmm what order?????

Called them up and said whaaaaa??? They said PF DSOTM reissue is coming in and they tried to put through my CC and info had changed. I was like Woah that was a whillllllllllllle back. Apparently they are finally getting their shipment in LOL. :rolleyes:
About FRIGGIN’ time!!!! :p:D:unsure::love::rolleyes::cool::bowing::QQlove🤣🤣🤣

Hey, at least they contacted you. I had to call Music Direct to ask why my copy of Hendrix AYE hadn’t shipped, which is when they asked me to update my CC.

Snood, maybe you can ask them to package it together with the Animals SACD... You never know, they may reply again to you and confirm it's also coming :cool:

As far as I know.......nothing just a reissue with diff packaging :unsure: :giggle: Still got one anyways
Love that new packaging, matches Wish You Where Here.

Well, in ALL honesty the SACD packaging is RAD .... and perhaps it should sound a bit better with the participation of Doug Sax's mastering and Gus Skinas from Super Audio Center in Boulder, CO....but without Alan Parson's even RADDER 4.0 remix ........ hey, it's YOUR Money!

See the source image

Baby, EVERYONE has a Dark Side! :LB

Last edited:
Back