Rolling Stones Goats Head Soup Deluxe Edition (with 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Among the nice surprises of this reissue, we will also find this collaboration with Jimmy Page on guitar and Rick Grech of Blind Faith on bass, on the title "Scarlet," and the third new, "All The Rage."
Have to admit, this caught my eye. Never knew Page collaborated with the Stones.

shock shock shock. I would say Im in but the price has to drop. Even so this looks like a really nice set...….
Will the matrix encoding be present in the Brusselles Affair concert? I have never heard it. Its not listed on the bluray.

September is going to be expensive but with the lockdown what else are you spending on? (For those of us fortunate to still be working)

My question is why start with Goats Head Soup? Why not Sticky Fingers, Let It Bleed or Tattoo You for :cry: out loud?!

AFAIK, "Tattoo You" has not been reissued yet in a deluxe format. They might be saving that one for the 40th anniversary next year!
Now, as for why this album was remixed in surround sound and others (like "Sticky Fingers", "Exile on Main Street", and "Some Girls") were not, this is purely speculation, but I think the answer lies in the fact that this is the first Stones album to be newly remixed in stereo for a deluxe edition, instead of just remastering the original stereo mix.

If Bob Clearmountain was the one who remixed the album (and I'm pretty sure he is, cause he's mixed almost every Stones release since the late 1970s) he probably completed the 5.1 surround mix (and maybe the Dolby Atmos mix too) while simultaneously working on the new stereo mix, which was probably commissioned by Jagger & Richards (mainly Jagger) perhaps because they were not as satisfied with this album's mix in hindsight and felt it could be improved upon.

To me, that's the most obvious reasoning as to why now for this particular release, but they may have also been inspired by other recent deluxe editions from the likes of the Beatles and the Band.

It's funny cause as I've been frantically searching for a pre-order link for the Seeds of Love box set (from Tears for Fears) I came across the Goat's Head Soup listings on amazon, but I thought, "There's no way there will be any surround sound on that set."

BOY AM I GLAD TO BE WRONG! This went from a "no way" to a "first day" purchase!

:)

AFAIK, "Tattoo You" has not been reissued yet in a deluxe format. They might be saving that one for the 40th anniversary next year!
Now, as for why this album was remixed in surround sound and others (like "Sticky Fingers", "Exile on Main Street", and "Some Girls") were not, this is purely speculation, but I think the answer lies in the fact that this is the first Stones album to be newly remixed in stereo for a deluxe edition, instead of just remastering the original stereo mix.

If Bob Clearmountain was the one who remixed the album (and I'm pretty sure he is, cause he's mixed almost every Stones release since the late 1970s) he probably completed the 5.1 surround mix (and maybe the Dolby Atmos mix too) while simultaneously working on the new stereo mix, which was probably commissioned by Jagger & Richards (mainly Jagger) perhaps because they were not as satisfied with this album's mix in hindsight and felt it could be improved upon.

To me, that's the most obvious reasoning as to why now for this particular release, but they may have also been inspired by other recent deluxe editions from the likes of the Beatles and the Band.

It's funny cause as I've been frantically searching for a pre-order link for the Seeds of Love box set (from Tears for Fears) I came across the Goat's Head Soup listings on amazon, but I thought, "There's no way there will be any surround sound on that set."

BOY AM I GLAD TO BE WRONG! This went from a "no way" to a "first day" purchase!

:)
As much as I'm going to dislike the price, I'll have to go for it, simply to help send a signal to the Stones that surround sells (not that they should have any concerns for selling this set.)

And hey, "Some Girls" how the heck did I forget that one, I love that album, that would be epic in surround!

Great news, thanks for the heads up, guys!

P.S.: The pre-order at Amazon France is live for €137,70 with VAT. Other international Amazon sites show the listing as inactive, and it isn't up in the US or Canada, yet. Hopefully, this gives some kind of indicator of what the pricing will be worldwide.
They wont ship to USA :mad: :cry:...wonder who'll have the best price on this & vinyl set

My question is why start with Goats Head Soup? Why not Sticky Fingers, Let It Bleed or Tattoo You for :cry: out loud?!
I actually thought the same thing. The last hi res release where both Satanic and Beggars in stereo/mono sacd’s.
Now this of course I will purchase. Maybe even through CDJapan for SHM-CD and OBI strip.
But looking at Flaming Pie at CDJapan, $354.00, you got to be kidding.

I second this. I think the performances on Brussels Affair are better than 90% or more of anything they ever did in the studio. Mick Taylor is ON FIRE!
Various unofficial recordings have come out
starting with a vinyl version in 1974 titled "Bedspring Symphony"
It's been my favorite Stones performance ever since.

I am shocked...when I saw the Stones....I naturally thought of Fred and Wilma o_O
I did not, but was watching this episode of Red Dwarf last night:
1594272510687.png

Back