The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, one of the things I like best about Weißbier is its unfiltered nature. I'll take an unfiltered beer over filtered almost every time. I admit, I'm curious about the Kristall, but if I'm buying Weihenstephaner, it's usually going to be Dunkel or Vitus (occasionally Original).
Totally, and 95% of the time I'd go for an unfiltered Weiss, but sometimes the clarity of a krystal just hits the spot - like the hot weather today.

Also, on a personal level it just brings back fond memories of sharing a few with the Dinger brothers (Neu, La D, etc) while sitting on the banks of the Rhine in Dusseldorf city...

IMG_1682.JPGSteven Wilson Hand, Cannot, Erase Blu-ray Disc LPCM 5.1
IMG_1682.JPG

Another busy week at work. The dealership selling more cars than they are receiving so the lot is looking rather thin right now....that'll slow things down until the 2021's start coming next month. Still, lots for me to do dealing with trade-ins and service and emissions testings and test-drives and everything else.....my phone tells me I'm on my feet 22k steps and 10+ miles almost every day....so yeah, I'm earning my beer indulgences on the weekend.

Share with Mrs DC and her mom - Sierra Nevada "Wild Little Thing" slightly sour ale with guava strawberry and hibiscus (5.5% abv, 7 ibu). Really nice flavor, and while I know the can says "slightly sour" I think that's a bit overstated....good but needs a bit of tart-oomph to kick it up a notch.
[IMG]

And a seasonal staple - La Cumbre "Sun Fade" NEIPA v2020 (6.5% abv, 40 ibu)
[IMG]

Another very busy week at work...still loving every minute of it though, great being busy and on my feet, "earning" my weekend brews....

Mrs D and her mom were having cider from a keg so I went straight into the hops....starting with Boxing Bear "Hindsight 2020" hazy IPA
[IMG]

and now a new one - Ex Novo "Lords of Hoptown" hazy DIPA (8.0% abv, ibu not listed but it tastes in the upper range). Our local Whole Foods Markets have apparently been very supportive of Ex Novo, so here we have a brew that is exclusive to the two of them, and aa very good one it is
[IMG]

It seems a fine line these days between celebrating a culture and appropriating it. I don't have the answer, but am pretty sure I would take a hard pass on an ale called pubes.

Another really busy week, on my feet almost all day every day....my phone ttells I'm doing 20k+ steps usually over 10 miles a day....I can believe it. But I like it, and it sure makes me feel like I "earned" this chill time with a few brews over the weekend....

Sharing with Mrs D and her mom....Steel Bender Brewyard "Double Raspberry Dynamite" kettle sour (6.9% abv, 5 ibu). I intend to stop by there this weekend and hope they still have some of this excellent sour left!
[IMG]

And now for some hops, Boxing Bear "Falcon Mountain" IPA (6.8% abv, 70 ibu). Good solid west cpast style IPA.
[IMG]

So many good breweries throughout Michigan. This one is from Marquette. Blackrocks Brewery MyKiss.
AMERICAN IPA WITH CITRA, SIMCOE, AND MOSAIC HOPS. THE BEER POPS WITH A BRIGHT, PUNCHY...SUCCULENT HOP PROFILE. MEDIUM BODIED AND WELL STOCKED AT 7.5%

blackrocks.jpg

One from last night that I didn't get around to posting - a crowler of Ex Novo "Cadillac Dreams" hazy IPA (6.2% abv). Had it a few times before...it's Ex Novo, it's therefore going to be pretty good.
[IMG]

And starting this evening it's a share with dinner company. I stopped by a new place today called "Gravity Bound Brewing" and picked up some crowlers...we shared "Gardenspot" cucumber basil gose (5.0% abv). Pretty good....easy going and just the right touch of the added flavors.
[IMG]

Just finishing up a can of Steel Bender Brewyard "Oktober Fiesta Lager" (6.3% abv, 23 ibu). My first of this years festbiers and it's pretty good, glad we got a 6-pack!
[IMG]

Another busy week at work. The dealership selling more cars than they are receiving so the lot is looking rather thin right now....that'll slow things down until the 2021's start coming next month. Still, lots for me to do dealing with trade-ins and service and emissions testings and test-drives and everything else.....my phone tells me I'm on my feet 22k steps and 10+ miles almost every day....so yeah, I'm earning my beer indulgences on the weekend.
Used car sales? They tell us no one likes you guys;). Ahem, by the way, what kind of deal can you get me on a 2016 Acura RDX AWD with Technology Package? Truly glad you're doing well.

Used car sales? They tell us no one likes you guys;). Ahem, by the way, what kind of deal can you get me on a 2016 Acura RDX AWD with Technology Package? Truly glad you're doing well.
Heh, not a sales guy...seems I do everything else to support the sales people. Work at Subaru so mostly new cars, though we take any trade-in we're picky about what makes it to the used section of the lot...the dregs get wholesaled off to used car dealers. Our new 2021 Crosstrek custom order is en route so Mrs D will have a really cool new car soon!

No sour today, Mrs D had to go out. I poured a small glass of Boxing Bear "Standing 8" stout from our keg. Getting down to the last of this one, keg is very light, probably just a few more glasses left. With our home-brew gear still stored away we may get a keg of OktoBearfest when it's ready shortly....
[IMG]

Another new canned release...Boxing Bear "Bear Mountain" IPA (6.8% abv). It's a cross between a hazy and a west coast....dry-hopped with simcoe, citra and crystal. It's really good....bit of the juice but still a piney bite from the hops...well done. Will want more.
[IMG]

Is it just me or after a really long week of productive work does beer just taste even better? Yeah, we're crazy busy at the dealership for whatever reason.

Started with a small can of Sierra Nevada "Bitburger" triple hopped lager. Meh, okay to good range, probably wouldn't buy another.
[IMG]

And then sharing with Mrs D, a crowler of Gravity Bound Brewing "Terra Form" dark lager (4.9% abv)....this is more like it....light abv but lots of up-front malts in a very smooth lager.
[IMG]

Reactions: GOS
Back