My Man Cave Dream....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. HomerJAU

Well from Wellington the windy Capital of NZ I was born in Hamilton.
Well..... where is Waitakere its been gobbled up into the Super City Auckland.

Here is New Zealand first.
View attachment 49381
Waitakere
View attachment 49382

Auckland City
View attachment 49383

Scenic tours

Lion Rock....Piha surf beach
View attachment 49384
Close to Piha
View attachment 49385
View attachment 49386

Waitakere Ranges
View attachment 49387
View attachment 49388

Some of the things to do in the greater Waitakere..
BBQ....
Heeey BBQ!
Givin' this thread a bump. It's been quite a while since last post. Has the building resumed? Any new updates?

Heeey BBQ!
Givin' this thread a bump. It's been quite a while since last post. Has the building resumed? Any new updates?

This is scary are you reading my mind......Sonik Wiz
I was about to put together some pictures of the next stage of the build today.

There has been delays but is progressing forwards, we here in NZ are more or less back to normal with this pandemic just our borders are in semi lock down people coming back home to NZ how are NZ`ers....

I decided to do the interior painting my self to safe some money, but I wish I got the pro`s in my neck & my hands which I have problems with I thought I could handle it but I will carry on, there is not that much to finish there is the light fittings & power points fuss box, the last will be the concrete drive to the garage.

20200711_115421.jpg
20200711_115442.jpg
20200713_142951.jpg
20200713_143021.jpg

I am going to paint a mural on the 4 walls....... could anybody guess what the mural will be.....It might delay the move in but I`m going to do it.....
BBQ....

This is scary are you reading my mind......Sonik Wiz
I was about to put together some pictures of the next stage of the build today.

There has been delays but is progressing forwards, we here in NZ are more or less back to normal with this pandemic just our borders are in semi lock down people coming back home to NZ how are NZ`ers....

I decided to do the interior painting my self to safe some money, but I wish I got the pro`s in my neck & my hands which I have problems with I thought I could handle it but I will carry on, there is not that much to finish there is the light fittings & power points fuss box, the last will be the concrete drive to the garage.

View attachment 53929View attachment 53930View attachment 53931View attachment 53932

I am going to paint a mural on the 4 walls....... could anybody guess what the mural will be.....It might delay the move in but I`m going to do it.....
BBQ....
Sweet 👏 , keep it goin' BBQ :QQlove

View attachment 53930View attachment 53931View attachment 53932

That is a choice set up you've got going there! Whats the plan for HVAC? I notice it's rather close to the house which has a window so.... can't see much out of it now.

BBQ....

Is it some kinda yellow/black/red logo?

View attachment 53930View attachment 53931View attachment 53932

That is a choice set up you've got going there! Whats the plan for HVAC? I notice it's rather close to the house which has a window so.... can't see much out of it now.

Is it some kinda yellow/black/red logo?

I will give you a hint the first letter is D and there is another hint in my announcement that I am going to paint a mural It will be a compilation of themes ..

The left window in the picture has only a view of the back yard & the sliding door will have a wooden deck out side to steps to the house. to the back door.

Last edited:
Hi. All

I thought I`ll give a little up date we in Auckland City New Zealand have been put in level 3 lock down for 2 weeks might be another week on top of that, we will see Monday if so..

So to stop guessing, to what the mural is here is the start of it the shut down has stop me getting the colors to finnish .
BBQ...

20200822_122854.jpg
20200822_122837.jpg
20200823_132535.jpg
20200823_132809.jpg

Last edited:
Hi. All

Just a little more of a up take on my progress tomorrow 22/09/2020 is the final inspection from the Local Council so ....cross your everything....(y)(n)

The carpet was in stalled today, not to much expanded on the mural the concrete drive is finnished the power is partially completed so nearly ready to move in BUT that is another story?????

1..jpg

2..jpg
3..jpg

4..jpg

5..jpg

6..jpg

7..jpg

8..jpg

9..jpg

10..jpg

Hi. All

A little more update some more pic`s, done a little more on the murals, installed table top and record storage and put my old gray shelves one of 2 the other one is nearly 2x as long is still to come.
The easy chairs are to be assembled.
BBQ...

PS. I forgot the last Local Council inspection past ........HOORAY.........:SB I can move in....

IMG_20201016_150412.jpg

IMG_20201016_150335.jpg

Last edited:
I like how you think and how you've started with obtaining the central piece first: the refrigerator. ;)

You only a few steps away from a cold beverage and that is the key to any self-respecting Man-Cave.

Well done Bill! You're off to great things with your project. :)

Hi. All

A little more update some more pic`s, done a little more on the murals, installed table top and record storage and put my old gray shelves one of 2 the other one is nearly 2x as long is still to come.
BBQ...

PS. I forgot the last Local Council inspection past ........HOORAY.........:SB I can move in....

View attachment 57918
View attachment 57919
That is amazing in so many ways! Are you or someone else actually doing the art work painting? Looks inspired & perfect!
I haven't seen any pics of a loo, a water closet, a toilet, a bathroom or whatever you call it in NZ. So maybe that means a trip across the threshold out into the weather & back into the house? To touch on Simon A's comment, when reaching for a cold beverage I'd say a toilet is a worthy audiophile upgrade.

Hi. All

BBQ...

View attachment 57918
View attachment 57919

That's impressive! Kudos, kiwi man!

That is amazing in so many ways! Are you or someone else actually doing the art work painting? Looks inspired & perfect!
I haven't seen any pics of a loo, a water closet, a toilet, a bathroom or whatever you call it in NZ. So maybe that means a trip across the threshold out into the weather & back into the house? To touch on Simon A's comment, when reaching for a cold beverage I'd say a toilet is a worthy audiophile upgrade.

Hi. Sonik Wiz

Yes I am the one how has painted the murals I have copied these from the internet just as a reference they are not exactly the same there is a bit of artistic difference not perfect but good enough.

Yes ...Simon A...there is a fridge for all sorts of beverages to go init, And.... Sonik Wiz... there is NO loo, a water closet, a toilet, a bathroom......... Because it would of been more stringent for a permit from the Local Council and more money involved remember it has nearly been 4 YEARS to get from plan A to plan B to get a the right permit which I have now thank the LORD....

IMG_20201020_161840.jpg

Hi. Sonik Wiz

Yes I am the one how has painted the murals I have copied these from the internet just as a reference they are not exactly the same there is a bit of artistic difference not perfect but good enough.

Yes ...Simon A...there is a fridge for all sorts of beverages to go init, And.... Sonik Wiz... there is NO loo, a water closet, a toilet, a bathroom......... Because it would of been more stringent for a permit from the Local Council and more money involved remember it has nearly been 4 YEARS to get from plan A to plan B to get a the right permit which I have now thank the LORD....

View attachment 58227
you only need 1 chair

Back