Ace of Spades Deluxe Box Set Incl 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

everyday_ffm

https://shop.imotorhead.com/collect...th-anniversary/products/ace-of-spades-box-set

A 40th Anniversary celebration of the iconic, game changing, 1980 album that altered the course of hard rock forever. This deluxe box set includes :

• The Ace Of Spades album, half-speed mastered and created from the original master tapes.
  • Two double-live albums of previously unheard concerts from the Ace Up Your Sleeve tour.
  • A Fistful Of Instrumentals : An EP of previously unreleased, instrumental tracks from 1980.
  • The Good, The Broke & The Ugly. A double album of B-sides, outtakes and rare tracks.
  • Ace On Your Screens: A DVD compilation of rare TV appearances from 1980-81, a live concert from 1981 and a 5.1 audio mix of the original album.
  • The Ace Of Spades story. A 40 page book telling the story of Ace Of Spades through previously unpublished interviews with the people that were there. Includes never before seen photos and memorabilia.
  • The Ace Up Your Sleeve tour program.
  • The Motorhead Rock Commando comic.
  • A set of 5 poker dice that can be played on the game board inside the box set lid.
  • All encased in a classic Wild West dynamite box.
  • A limited edition 7" reproduction of the Dutch 'Ace Of Spades' single, with a previously unreleased instrumental version on Side B (please note, this is only a gift with purchase, and is only available while stocks of this item last).

Unfortunately I have to agree with RT. This release is clearly for the vinyl lover. The additional 5.1 might as well be the dice. I don't need to prove to anyone I like Motorhead by buying this.
Unfortunately for most Ace Of Spades is the go to disc if you where to purchase one Motorhead.
I am happy that there was one disc released in 2004 that was for the surround enthusiasts and will be good enough for me.

24 bit / 96 kHz DVD-Audio and 24 bit / 48 kHz Dolby Digital 5.1 options Stunning 5.1 surround sound Liner Notes Artist Photos Plays on ALL DVD players Remixed for surround sound from original multi-track recording session tapes

716Vkt0hXAL._SY450_.jpg

Unfortunately I have to agree with RT. This release is clearly for the vinyl lover. The additional 5.1 might as well be the dice. I don't need to prove to anyone I like Motorhead by buying this.
Unfortunately for most Ace Of Spades is the go to disc if you where to purchase one Motorhead.
I am happy that there was one disc released in 2004 that was for the surround enthusiasts and will be good enough for me.

24 bit / 96 kHz DVD-Audio and 24 bit / 48 kHz Dolby Digital 5.1 options Stunning 5.1 surround sound Liner Notes Artist Photos Plays on ALL DVD players Remixed for surround sound from original multi-track recording session tapes

View attachment 54268

Was that a Silverline release?

Was that a Silverline release?

Yes, but it's one of the good ones. The 5.1 was mixed from the original multitracks by Chris Haynes (who did several other great 5.1's including the Foo Fighters' One By One and Britney Spears' In The Zone). It's a really active mix with a lot of the guitar parts isolated in the rear channels.

Yes, but it's one of the good ones. The 5.1 was mixed from the original multitracks by Chris Haynes (who did several other great 5.1's including the Foo Fighters' One By One and Britney Spears' In The Zone). It's a really active mix with a lot of the guitar parts isolated in the rear channels.

I vaguely remember that one...IIRC it was good...Chris did another Silverline that was pretty good...The Curse of Blondie

That is more or less the standard of anniversary releases nowadays. Only way of getting the surround mix is to go after the super mega box.
I don't mind a mega box I just don't see vinyl And blu ray/DVD as bed mates.

I have pretty much stuck to the no vinyl mantra for my box sets for the last few years. Not my loss I have plenty to.listen too. Record companies loss for stupid marketing ideas

Back