Chicago Quadio - 9 Quad Albums on Blu-ray Audio.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem is, if his collection gets the visit, ours will do as well.

I'm hopeful he may learn a lesson from this without needing anyone to wish him ill.
I don’t condone that kind of behavior (perhaps one or two extra); but maybe he did us all a favor by swiftly returning the investment and profit for Rhino; and that might be one reason we’re getting a Doobie Brothers Quadio. Even if there was only going to be a set production number, they wouldn’t want to sit on any for a long period.

Just received mine. I had already ordered direct from the Warner Store before I posted about Elusive Disk confirming it was available. Would have rather ordered from Elusive as they are so much more responsive. An attempt to get Warner to confirm they were actually going to receive inventory resulted in a form email 2 days later. The status of my order still shows “processing” , so I knew an attempt to cancel and get a credit issued on my card would be an exercise in futility.
At any rate, I am glad to receive the set even though I paid freight.
Now if my wife would just find someplace to go for a little while, I could listen to it at an “appropriate” volume.

Just received mine. I had already ordered direct from the Warner Store before I posted about Elusive Disk confirming it was available. Would have rather ordered from Elusive as they are so much more responsive. An attempt to get Warner to confirm they were actually going to receive inventory resulted in a form email 2 days later. The status of my order still shows “processing” , so I knew an attempt to cancel and get a credit issued on my card would be an exercise in futility.
At any rate, I am glad to receive the set even though I paid freight.
Now if my wife would just find someplace to go for a little while, I could listen to it at an “appropriate” volume.

glad to hear you received yours at least! I noticed that Elusive Disc now says they’re not expecting stock until 7/21... I just emailed them to cancel my order and I placed an order with Merch Bar since they claim to have some in stock and allowed me to place it. Keeping my fingers crossed I s finally get it!

Mainly for those UK/Europe based ordered this a couple of months ago, for £140 (inc postage) from Merch Bar, took 6 weeks to arrive from Shipping date. One further advantage is that Merch value the 'package' as $1 (or at least they did mine) so no risk of Import Duties.
My only regret I guess is not ordering when first came out, a mixture of £95 asking price, not being a massive fan & the risk of avg mix etc

My order from Merchbar just arrived today! I admittedly was worried about it since Merchbar has had terrible reviews and the tracking info they sent me was not valid. The address on the shipping box was from Warner in IL so I wonder if Warner is currently the only one who has these new sets. Either way I'm stoked to give this a listen!

I have a preowned copy on the way and I have a couple of quick questions for those who have the set:

Which discs are the “defective” ones? And, just to confirm, the “defects” only apply to the stereo layer, correct? Is there anything I can check (barcodes, etc) to find out if mine has defective discs other than playing them?

I know this info is out there but the various threads on this set are so long, I figured it was Ok to ask these questions again. Thanks for any help!

I have a preowned copy on the way and I have a couple of quick questions for those who have the set:

Which discs are the “defective” ones? And, just to confirm, the “defects” only apply to the stereo layer, correct? Is there anything I can check (barcodes, etc) to find out if mine has defective discs other than playing them?

I know this info is out there but the various threads on this set are so long, I figured it was Ok to ask these questions again. Thanks for any help!

Post 772 on this thread gives you the 2 discs that were affected

I never had mine replaced because there is no reason for me to ever play the stereo, so I don't really know, but I am sure someone will chime in here fairly quickly for ya.

There were people who took advantage of Rhino...how bad could it have been if they turned around and sold the "so called" defective discs on Ebay....I don't care about the stereo layer either...

There were people who took advantage of Rhino...how bad could it have been if they turned around and sold the "so called" defective discs on Ebay....I don't care about the stereo layer either...

How is selling your property on ebay taking advantage of Rhino?

How many people are you talking about? With so much going on now, to worry about something this minor seems inconceivable to me.

Back