Do smilies wear boots ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
These idiotic "Smilies" cause my cursor to vibrate while typing. Very, very irritating!!

narcopolo said:
These idiotic "Smilies" cause my cursor to vibrate while typing. Very, very irritating!!

Gads, there are so many solutions to this "problem" that I'm not going to take the time to explain them.

Frank, you're a bright guy and as web developer you are intimately aware of the solutions to your "problem". So fix it for yourself!

Cai Campbell said:
Gads, there are so many solutions to this "problem" that I'm not going to take the time to explain them.

Frank, you're a bright guy and as web developer you are intimately aware of the solutions to your "problem". So fix it for yourself!
Well, I did but I would assume others are having the same issue. Here is the solution, for the Mozilla Firefox browser. Type in about:config in the address bar. Locate image.animation_mode and type in the word none. Problem solve ed.

narcopolo said:
smilies with boots are more fun than fairies!

Attachments

• cool10.gif
    cool10.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 183
  • cool13.gif
    cool13.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 179
  • sport009.gif
    sport009.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 172
Thanks for the test gifs. They all displayed as still images, the way they should according to my browser settings.

They're dancing over here. I like it that way... and it's the only type of "dancing" that I do. :D

:banana:

Found this old thread for this post...

I'm apparently pretty dense sometimes (don't say it); but I've realized in the last couple of days to get a Smilie (emoji, Smiley ?) I'd usually use the menu button with the little smiling face and try to hunt up what I want. But if you know what they're named you can just type a Colon :)) and then start typing the text name, and it gives you a list for a selection.
Why didn't somebody tell me :'Oops!

smilie colon.jpg

The OP, Frank (aka 'cupboy', 'narcopolo', 'ubsman') hasn't checked in for a few years. He was big on quad reels. I wonder if he's still around and OK?

Where are you Frank?

The OP, Frank (aka 'cupboy', 'narcopolo', 'ubsman') hasn't checked in for a few years. He was big on quad reels. I wonder if he's still around and OK?

Where are you Frank?

aww, man.. 4 years is a wee while to be away from this 4-channel place.. although some past members have re-emerged after a longer spell of absence, so all may not be lost..

he could be a bit of a grumblebum at times (can't we all..!!) but i liked him... hope he's still in the land of the living even if no longer in the land of the Quadding! 👍

if he is sadly no longer on this multichannel plane, may eternal Quadness shine upon him 🤗

(knowing what he was like, i think he would hate this level of exposition but its well-intentioned as ever 😂 )

Back