Listening to ... in "Synthesized Surround" in 5.0 (sans SubWoofer)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
It ain´t fake quad anymore...., well it sorta is but the added Center Channel that DTS Neural X adds is quite prominent...
The Doctor is ALWAYS home!!!! Long live Mac!!!!
R-986304-1552467980-4443.jpeg.jpg

Love that UK vinyl...
Hell yeah.. I remember listening to the original USA pressing , and it was good but louder than the UK one, the mastering is way better on the UK one...
Just found out that there is a japanese SACD version which hopefully will not be from a CD master...will report back. This is one of my favorite Yes LPs which I shunned when it came out!

It is a good, very good album. I heard the CD release had phase problems so I only bought the LP. I bought the LP because I was mesmerised by the music video (I see what you did...)

Didn´t one of them say that it´s one of the best Duran Duran albums???
It is indeed a great LP...and , yes, I bought the USA pressing about 12 years ago (sealed with hype sticker) BEFORE vinyl made its comeback.. it was about $6... playing my 96/24 rip from 8 years ago.. LP is in Madrid!!!!

This one is a very welcome surprise... I had NEVER listened to Porgy and Bess; of course I know "Summertime", so I found this LP rip online and it sounds really good and decodes even better! (Neural X)

Basically NOTHING in the rears in DTS Neural X, which , most of the time means that there was very little out of phase info...
Also a bit LEFT heavy mix...
used to play this back when I was a DJ in WRPC-FM (RIP)... have a soft spot for this and "August"...highly underrated (Phil Collins produced) albums...
R-2987334-1310552508.jpeg.jpg

Back