Tidal Adds Dolby Atmos Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, maybe I exaggerated that. But i have read several reviews where a few liked the 5.1 better. I cant remember reading anything negative about the REM.
I like the 5.1 of AR slightly better, but the Atmos is still awesome.
And I know all kinds of people who prefer Scheiner's 5.1 of AFTP, over the Atmos. But I like that one too. And Kick by INXS. And quite a few other albums!

Snood has not been keeping up with this thread and dunno the price subscriptions or if they offer like 2 weeks free etc then u can cancel or keep............

but

Best Buy currently has this deal for today only Deal of the Day thingy - oh and best check if this is the Atmos version - it does say Hi Res - maybe someone can chime in to say Yes or No :unsure:

https://slickdeals.net/f/14228090-b...139137980&src=da_si_v2_72188200#post139137980

Snood has not been keeping up with this thread and dunno the price subscriptions or if they offer like 2 weeks free etc then u can cancel or keep............

but

Best Buy currently has this deal for today only Deal of the Day thingy - oh and best check if this is the Atmos version - it does say Hi Res - maybe someone can chime in to say Yes or No :unsure:

https://slickdeals.net/f/14228090-b...139137980&src=da_si_v2_72188200#post139137980
There is an even better deal...free. TIDAL | Slickdeals 60 Day Free Trial. It is actually a 90 day trial.

Tidal took my money for another month today.If they don't supply a substantial amount of new music in Atmos in that month,that will be my last.
I use Spotify via Sonos for stereo listening in the living room.Will play the Atmos playlist I like on heavy rotation before I quit. :cool:

Tidal took my money for another month today.If they don't supply a substantial amount of new music in Atmos in that month,that will be my last.

I cancelled my subscription a couple weeks ago. It ended yesterday. Not enough Atmos music at the moment and I listen to a couple of local classic rock genre radio stations during the day (free). One plays a full album without ads often which has reminded me of some great albums during the ‘classic era’.

Not enough Atmos music at the moment

Agreed--at least not in genres or by artists that I care much about. Between that, the low streaming bitrate, and the volume issue, it just seems as if Tidal isn't trying very hard. The rollout was botched in all sorts of ways, but two months, even in the midst of a pandemic, ought to be enough time to correct course. My trial is up at the end of the week. I'm gonna check out the new Kraftwerk tracks just to compare them against my Blu-Rays, but after that...curtains.

You should try out Kraftwerk in Atmos.34 tracks with fantastic mixes. (y)

It can be hard to find, though, unless you're actually searching for it on an Atmos-capable device. (If you're searching for it on a laptop or desktop, for instance, it's difficult to tell the Atmos version apart from the 3 or 4 other versions of 3-D.) Here's a direct link:
https://listen.tidal.com/album/147049830

It can be hard to find, though, unless you're actually searching for it on an Atmos-capable device. (If you're searching for it on a laptop or desktop, for instance, it's difficult to tell the Atmos version apart from the 3 or 4 other versions of 3-D.) Here's a direct link:
https://listen.tidal.com/album/147049830
It was easy to find on the Firestick. :)

new playlist and just scratching the surface on listening...pretty good so far...
D643A513-AE55-4F3A-8BA9-8E838D53C7A2.jpeg

new playlist and just scratching the surface on listening...pretty good so far...
View attachment 54586
Eric, do you use the Firestick4K and insert it in your TV or the Firestick box?
My little firestick box is outdated about 3.5 X 3.5 1" tall.
I notice that when we watch TV using the Firestick the sound is so much better than my other DirecTV.
I have been a DirecTV customer since 1995, I am like an original prescriber.
But now I am thinking of ditching DirecTV but I do like the local networks. What do a lot of people do?

Back