Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from "Here Comes the Sun" to "Who Loves the Sun"
1595948152053.png
The Velvet UndergroundLoaded: Re-Loaded 45th Anniversary Edition

POLL

Thoughts on this one? LS and SD have both failed to really click for me. Further listens pending.
wOw! that's really interesting to me--i think of you as a PT fan. i would say that FoaBP is my favorite, but i would put SD and LS close behind. which is your favorite PT release? and what is there about LS that is off-putting (is that the right assessment? not-clicking?)? does it sound too commercial? too eclectic? is the pacing of the album off for you? too arty? i'm trying to think of potential criticisms. i appreciate the broad canvas, the sense of exploration, the lyrical sophistication. maybe it's too pretty or too much of a foray into pop? i look forward to your assessment after future listens. maybe it's time for me to crank out another review! stay surrounded, comrade!

Thoughts on this one? LS and SD have both failed to really click for me. Further listens pending.
Surprising to me as well. Stupid Dream is an absolutely amazing album that features one of SW’s best PT surround mixes. Lightbulb Sun isn’t quite as good to my ear, but features a number of reference level songs/mixes - Shesmovedon, Hatesong, Russia On Ice & Buying New Soul. To each his own as they say, but a bit surprising.

Surprising to me as well. Stupid Dream is an absolutely amazing album that features one of SW’s best PT surround mixes. Lightbulb Sun isn’t quite as good to my ear, but features a number of reference level songs/mixes - Shesmovedon, Hatesong, Russia On Ice & Buying New Soul. To each his own as they say, but a bit surprising.
I like a few songs on both SD and LS, just not the whole albums. Maybe they're a bit poppy, basic or commercial for my tastes. As least as presented by PT. I like plenty of pop.

My favorite PT, MC would probably be:

FoaBP
IA
Deadwing
Anesthetize
Arriving Somewhere
Incident
SD
LS

More or less in that order

I like a few songs on both SD and LS, just not the whole albums. Maybe they're a bit poppy, basic or commercial for my tastes. As least as presented by PT. I like plenty of pop.

My favorite PT, MC would probably be:

FoaBP
IA
Deadwing
Anesthetize
Arriving Somewhere
Incident
SD
LS

More or less in that order
My preferential order for PT surround albums is:

1. In Absentia
2. Stupid Dream
3. Fear Of A Blank Planet
4. Deadwing
5. Lightbulb Sun
6. The Incident

Some folks here liken those Silverline’s to
“Old Fart Grundle stench du jour.”

But in all seriousness, Sanctuary Records probably did supply high quality 96/24 STEREO MASTERS which were mucked up when Silverline decided to UPMIX them into 5.1. I know the Pat Benatar and Gerry Rafferty Silverlines in 5.1 SUCK but sound SUPERB in 96/24 Stereo .....the way they were ORIGINALLY intended to be played.

So, THERE, PUPSTER🐶 !

Back