Tidal Adds Dolby Atmos Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric, do you use the Firestick4K and insert it in your TV or the Firestick box?
My little firestick box is outdated about 3.5 X 3.5 1" tall.
I notice that when we watch TV using the Firestick the sound is so much better than my other DirecTV.
I have been a DirecTV customer since 1995, I am like an original prescriber.
But now I am thinking of ditching DirecTV but I do like the local networks. What do a lot of people do?
I’m an Apple TV4k guy. Whole house is Apple ecosystem :SB and we’ve almost cut the cord so to speak. Comcast for internet only and we stream either using apps or AT&T TV NOW.

I’m an Apple TV4k guy. Whole house is Apple ecosystem :SB and we’ve almost cut the cord so to speak. Comcast for internet only and we stream either using apps or AT&T TV NOW.
That is so cool. I have heard that the real audiophile people use the Apple. I got to look into this more, but a good ol country boy like me can't move too fast.

That is so cool. I have heard that the real audiophile people use the Apple. I got to look into this more, but a good ol country boy like me can't move too fast.
I don’t know about “real audiophile people“ 😂 using ATV4k but it is a cool little device. Even country boys can have a lil’ zip in their step!

Max Cooper's Emergence album, in Atmos, can now be found in Tidal. I searched for it after seeing one song in Erik's playlist. It still puzzles me how complicate is to find Atmos stuff in Tidal
Matt Darey's Wolf is also in Tidal....
As is Booka Shade's Dear Future Self, also in full.

Last edited:
How I find those illusive Atmos albums, is to use the credit selection for each track and it gives further options eg Go To Album, then save in my collection.
All this is done via my android smartphone.
It is a pain in the arse though, the menu is not user friendly.
But at least they are adding more albums and tracks.
As an early advocate of Dolby Atmos, I owe it to Tidal for getting this streaming service out there.
I'm sticking with it!!

How I find those illusive Atmos albums, is to use the credit selection for each track and it gives further options eg Go To Album, then save in my collection.
All this is done via my android smartphone.
It is a pain in the arse though, the menu is not user friendly.
But at least they are adding more albums and tracks.
As an early advocate of Dolby Atmos, I owe it to Tidal for getting this streaming service out there.
I'm sticking with it!!
It's a pain in the ass to find new music in Atmos. :mad: My phone is not Atmos compatible and searching on the Firestick is near impossible.I try to find music on the PC app and then put it in My music so I can find it on the Firestick.

Found both the new playlist and Booka Shade/Matt Darey on my PC app.Confirmed now on the Firestick that it was the Atmos versions.:)It's not marked on the PC app which is what off the different versions.Listening now to Matt Darey,Wolf.This type of music lends itself very nice to Atmos.Glad I did not download this from his website for £50!;)

wow, that worked on my PC. What an absolute ass backward way of having to do it though

I will say though, that that "credit" list that Tidal provides is one of the most extensive I've ever seen of really any music service.

For instance, I didn't know that Scott Weiland was one of the producers of Limp Bizkit's Re-arranged and that Wes Borland was one of the lyricists.

Kinda sucks though that they don't list Elliot Scheiner as the mixer for R.E.M.'s AFTP (or any mixer for that matter).

Last edited:
Found both the new playlist and Booka Shade/Matt Darey on my PC app.Confirmed now on the Firestick that it was the Atmos versions.:)It's not marked on the PC app which is what off the different versions.Listening now to Matt Darey,Wolf.This type of music lends itself very nice to Atmos.Glad I did not download this from his website for £50!;)
It was a free download for a while, from Matt's site. I guess there should be no issue to share with you, if you want it

Max Cooper's Emergence album, in Atmos, can now be found in Tidal. I searched for it after seeing one song in Erik's playlist. It still puzzles me how complicate is to find Atmos stuff in Tidal
Matt Darey's Wolf is also in Tidal....
As is Booka Shade's Dear Future Self, also in full.
That Emergence sounds amazing, but I’m guessing Tidal doesn’t give you the fabulous graphics show like the BD; that would be another step in the progression of these types of services. It would require more bandwidth however, maybe legitimate 5G will get us there? Some folks don’t care about the visual aspect but stuff like Cooper’s is well done IMO.

That Emergence sounds amazing, but I’m guessing Tidal doesn’t give you the fabulous graphics show like the BD; that would be another step in the progression of these types of services. It would require more bandwidth however, maybe legitimate 5G will get us there? Some folks don’t care about the visual aspect but stuff like Cooper’s is well done IMO.
Hell no. 5G is the last thing we need. Jesus. You need to read Body electric by Becker.

Are you saying it’ll fry your Brain 🧠 🥵 - well it’s coming to all around you, whether you want it or not. Just sayin’ - Get those aluminum foil caps on kids!
Aluminium does nothing to block GHZ freqencies. You need lead.

5G will cause massive increases in chronic diseases due to the effect on voltage gated calcium ions. This has been shown for decades in various papers. Dr Marino's Going somewhere book is great for nnEMF info.

Some of us have been resisting this for years. There is no bigger threat to ur health. Look at the progression of diseases in the last 2 decades with 1G to 4G.

Humans and all living beings are supposed to be in earths natural magnetic field, as we evolved in it for millions of years. When NASA looks for life, it look first for a magnetic field. Unfortunately we are not taught about magnetism so people only think of health as diet, exercise and genetic, but magnetism is imperative.

Aluminium does nothing to block GHZ freqencies. You need lead.

5G will cause massive increases in chronic diseases due to the effect on voltage gated calcium ions. This has been shown for decades in various papers. Dr Marino's Going somewhere book is great for nnEMF info.

Some of us have been resisting this for years. There is no bigger threat to ur health. Look at the progression of diseases in the last 2 decades with 1G to 4G.

Humans and all living beings are supposed to be in earths natural magnetic field, as we evolved in it for millions of years. When NASA looks for life, it look first for a magnetic field. Unfortunately we are not taught about magnetism so people only think of health as diet, exercise and genetic, but magnetism is imperative.
That may all be true, but at this point you’re beating a dead horse, like I said it’s coming!
Heck, I’ve seen some strange stuff; I remember years ago sitting at work in the break room while someone used a counter microwave to reheat coffee, and I watched as a plastic spoon sitting next to it start to wilt! Some folks may say that’s impossible but I saw it. (And no, I wasn’t on any mind altering substances.). Ever since then I steer clear of a microwave when using one.

That may all be true, but at this point you’re beating a dead horse, like I said it’s coming!
Heck, I’ve seen some strange stuff; I remember years ago sitting at work in the break room while someone used a counter microwave to reheat coffee, and I watched as a plastic spoon sitting next to it start to wilt! Some folks may say that’s impossible but I saw it. (And no, I wasn’t on any mind altering substances.). Ever since then I steer clear of a microwave when using one.

That is exactly what Dr Jack Kruse says. It is depressing mate. I have studied this for 5 years and I am deeply concerned. Anyway I still recommend the books Body electric and Going somewhere to all interested in the science.

Back to music...........

Now if we need a Unified multipost theory to all this to make it kosher for some here :unsure:

We’ll need AI to manage all the high bandwidth traffic through 5G, while we’re listening and watching the latest Atmos Tidal music in our rented self driving car 🚙 ( which is running late by the way ) and don’t forget the Involve Mode mod in case you think the Atmos surround mix sucks; and I’ll need diner served as I take that ride, cooked with the onboard microwave- lead caps 🧢 optional :)

Back