Comments Inspired by Kraftwerk - 3D: The Catalogue [BluRay]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm quite confused with all the different versions of this set available. I have a bunch of questions....

1. I know that there is the super deluxe edition that I guess comes in a 12 x 12 box 4 Blu-Rays only

2. There is a 8 CD set does the CD set have the Atmos BR's in it?

3. The is a 2 disc set. Is is 1 Blu-Ray and 1 DVD? Or 1 Blu-Ray and 1 CD and does the Blu-Ray have the Atmos?

4. The set that comes in the book with the 4 BR's is that region coded or not?

5. Not sure about this one, but are there both English & German language versions? If so how do you tell the difference. I know they are a German band I think? Although Scorpions are from Germany all there music or at least most of it is in English.

Thanks so much for your help everyone. Greatly appreciated :D :bowing:

Last edited:
1. Yes. Plus it's basically 2+2 BD-Vs with identical audio portion, where one couple comes with 3-D visuals, the other with live performance footage.

2. No, that set is 8CDs only.

3. If you mean the "3-D 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8" combo, it's BD-V + DVD-V [DD], NTSC. Comes as an English or German language version, kinda 'best of' reduction of the big box on each disc. Region free.

4. Those sets come also region free.

5. The big boxes come in those two language versions too, one is called The Catalogue and the other Der Katalog. I believe that only those songs with different/altered titles do have different lyrics/vocals.

Last edited:
1. Yes. Plus it's basically 2+2 BD-Vs with identical audio portion, where one couple comes with 3-D visuals, the other with live performance footage.

2. No, that set is 8CDs only.

3. If you mean the "3-D 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8" combo, it's BD-V + DVD-V [DD], NTSC. Comes as an English or German language version, kinda 'best of' reduction of the big box on each disc. Region free.

4. Those sets come also region free.

5. The big boxes come in those two language versions too, one is called The Catalogue and the other Der Katalog. I believe that only those songs with different/altered titles do have different lyrics/vocals.
Thanks for clearing all that up.......now just want to clairify 1 thing. #3 the 2 disc set, does the Blu-Ray contained within it have the Dolby Atmos mix? Thanks in advance.

Just get the BD/DVD version. It's more Kraftwerk than I can handle in an evening...

you have to admit though, it's probably one of the best uses of the atmos technology today.

Yeah, they're a bit German, maybe a bit too German for some but Damn, do they know how to mix an atmos album.

just saying maybe they should side hustle as atmos mixers. They are the atmos Gods to ES and Bob Clearmountain is to 5.1

you have to admit though, it's probably one of the best uses of the atmos technology today.

Yeah, they're a bit German, maybe a bit too German for some but Damn, do they know how to mix an atmos album.

just saying maybe they should side hustle as atmos mixers. They are the atmos Gods to ES and Bob Clearmountain is to 5.1
Absolutely true.

The 2 blu-ray box is well worth the money. Even tho I have the original releases I find myself listening to this versions more often. The sound is espectacular if you have an Atmos setup and the 3D effects are very effective I miss not to see Florian on this version. The Minimum Maximum release was only released on DVD. I guess it was filmed on video and not on film. The 5.1 DD is also very effective. A lot of crowd noise to my taste tho. I missed the boat on buying the SACD of this concert at the time . If anyone has one on sale on a reasonable price Message me please. :)
Where can you get the 2 BR box.....I've searched everywhere.....please send link:bowing:

Sorry I wasnt clear, guess it was because of the previous post I questioned. I am looking for the 2 disc set which has 1 BR disc which has the Dolby Atmos mix and whatever other disc it comes with. Hope this clears it up?😀

That's the one. Trust your friends here. 😇

Helps to actually read the Discogs listing. ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes
Museum Of Modern Art New York / Kunstsammlung Düsseldorf / Tate Modern London / Akasaka Blitz Tokio / Opera House Sydney / Walt Disney Concert Hall Los Angeles / Burgtheater Wien / Fondation Louis Vuitton Paris / Neue Nationalgalerie Berlin / Paradiso Amsterdam / Konzerthaus Kopenhagen / Norske Opera Oslo / Museo Guggenheim Bilbao

Ralf Hütter / Henning Schmitz / Fritz Hilpert / Falk Grieffenhagen

Klingklang Musikfilm Ralf Hütter 2017

DVD track 4 is mistakenly the German version not English.

Both discs have 3 audio options according to the back cover:
5.1 (Dolby Atmos on Blu-ray,
Dolby Audio on DVD)
PCM Stereo
Headphone Surround 3D (Special mix for standard headphones only)

IMG_4713.jpeg

IMG_4712.jpeg

Just get the BD/DVD version. It's more Kraftwerk than I can handle in an evening...
I'm with you on that! I too have the same BD/DVD version as you...
..& I can certainly understand the confusion here. When I was looking into this, I was rather confused by all the 'versions'.
As of right now; it's unopened & waiting to be played:)

Back