Movies you've seen over 5 times and will watch again

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Premiered June 27th, 1986:

LAB.jpg

Oh I've watched this way more than five times. I'll probably watch it again tonight. Just seems right!

Wizard of Oz
Ben Him:ROFLMAO::LOL:Hur
Up In Smoke
Trading Places
Almost Famous
Nice Dreams
Scarface
The Sting
Bonnie & Clyde
The Great Escape
The Fantastic Voyage
Tora! Tora! Tora!
Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines
Zabriskie Point
Woodstock
Monterey Pop Festival
More
Obscured By Clouds
Butch Casidy & The Sundance Kid
Jaws
All That Jazz
Peter Pan staring Mary Martin
Frankenstein
The Wolfman
Dracula
The Mummy
Kentucky Fried Movie
The Ten Commandments

Plus many many more

Repeated showings of 'The Abyss' (1989) in six-track Dolby Stereo, THX Sound System, for past week now. The DVD keeps getting better and better so not in rush for 4k release as disney can only mess it up with a totally unnecessary atmos near field mix. By the way. I heard it at the local odeon with overhead surrounds, six overhead surrounds flush in the ceiling of the Cinerama curved screen, now then.

the abyss.jpg

I created a list with my friends in the 70's-80's and I am pleasantly surprised that those films didn't get old.
1. The Terminator
2. Jaws
3. Beverly Hills Cop
4. Animal House
5. Watership Down

I wish I did this periodically during the time of each decade for movies within a decade of each other so I could see how my thoughts changed. I didn't include all movies over time here. That will be a future post.

'The Abyss' (1989) six-track Dolby Stereo THX Sound System, gets another showing today. The deepness of the stage bass, surround bass and the LFE.1 goes to depths of unrelenting pressure with JBL cinema THX Sound System I can feel it against my body.

IMG_8532.JPG

IMG_8535.JPG

Star Wars (all films)
Godfather Trilogy
Top Gun
Back To The Future Trilogy
Marvel Cinematic Universe - all films
Marvel non MCU - Spiderman (Maguire, Garfield, Spider-Verse)
Star Trek movies - original cast and next generation cast (and not including the 3 "reboots")
Abyss
Terminator and T2
Casablanca
Indiana Jones (all 4)
Titanic
Lion King (animated)
Beauty and the Beast (animated and live)
Aladdin (animated and live)
Matrix Trilogy
John Wick Trilogy
Fifth Element
Field Of Dreams
Ghostbusters (original and women)
Starship Troopers (only the original)
Men In Black trilogy
Groundhog Day
Mission Impossible series
A Few Good Men
The Patriot
Alien and Aliens
Jurassic Park and World series
X-Men series
Most Disney animated (Little Mermaid, Frozen, Pinocchio, Big Hero 6, Wreck it Ralph, etc)
Independence Day 1
Gladiator
Sing
Kingsman movies
Lego Movies
Spaceballs
...and many more...

'The Abyss' (1989) six-track Dolby Stereo THX Sound System, gets another showing today. The deepness of the stage bass, surround bass and the LFE.1 goes to depths of unrelenting pressure with JBL cinema THX Sound System I can feel it against my body.

View attachment 54805
View attachment 54806
One of my all time favourite films. It's a travesty that this hasn't got a restoration and a BluRay or 4k reissue yet.

'Superman II' theatrical (1980) six*-track Dolby Stereo split-surrounds - Megasound Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System - JBL 21kw

Not played the classic movie in 8 or more years and sounds great on the new JBL cinema speakers with THX Sound System and some Megasound sub bass enhancement though the Dolby CP200.

superman II megasound THX JBL.jpg

IMG_8548.JPG

IMG_8551.JPG

Last edited:
My 10 year old Quarantined (With me and her mom, our choice!) watched for the first time in three years the 70th Anniversary Blu-Ray version of the "Wizard of Oz" in 3D. It was nice to hear her singing along to all nice songs, instead of the stuff that is written today, most of which is too R-rated for today's kids.

Help! A movie I remember watching in the 60's was a war film where at the beginning of the movie the SGT. took rookies into battle and said something like "lets go children". At the end of the movie after the SGT is killed, one of his rookies is promoted to SGT. and he tells his rookies " lets go children" as they march into battle. Can anyone here identify this movie?

Help! A movie I remember watching in the 60's was a war film where at the beginning of the movie the SGT. took rookies into battle and said something like "lets go children". At the end of the movie after the SGT is killed, one of his rookies is promoted to SGT. and he tells his rookies " lets go children" as they march into battle. Can anyone here identify this movie?
Sands of Iwo Jima with John Wayne.

nolan dunkirk, took less than 30 mins of watching annoying garbage trash to be thrown into the Cat Litter box. I hate LIEMAX aspect ratio switching it is visually annoying it serves no logic or purpose to the trash movie and I hate, nolan movies now, period! Ether keep it W/S or Scope or don't bother make the movie as its a waste of my time. Anyone want some nolan movies I want his garbage trash out of my home

76643689_10157591729905149_7466615518120640512_n.jpg

Sands of Iwo Jima isn't the movie I remember. The movie I want to identify was in color and started with music and colorful borders across the top and bottom of the screen. The borders disappeared as the movie started but reappeared as the movie ended. The first SGT had dark hair, was unshaven but remarkable looking. As he died and the the movie ended, the rookie that took his place gave a similar talk to his "children" then they marched into the war. He had lighter colored hair and was also remarkable looking.

Back