The DTS-HD MAS encoder blues finally hit me, too

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandrix

Senior Surround Collector
QQ Supporter
There are posts by a certain well known Opus Productions fellow on Doom 9 from a year or two ago about the MAS SAS Encoder Suite hanging output on "pending".
So I suddenly had this problem a few days ago after Windows update kicked my Windows Pro x64's ass (I'm still trying to get everything reinstalled and working). At least that was in the beginning; now it will do absolutely nothing. I've tried running from the jar file but not working for me. All I'm doing is loading up multiple instances of the dtsencoderjobque to no avail.
I've updated Java to both 32 AND 64 bit versions but no go.
I've paused my firewall and virus detection, also no go.
Has anyone found a fix that works for them other than backing up to Windows 7 or XP?? Or is it time to consider a dual boot machine?

btw DTS is no longer offering support preferring you buy the DTS:X encoder. So at this point it's abandonware.

Windows 10 Build 2004 is—to borrow a phrase—a big bag of hurt. If you haven't already, consider rolling back to Build 1909.

I was thinking of a dual boot machine so to run some old Sonic software but that would likely be XP...I don't know offhand if the DTS-HD will run on XP.
Because of other considerations I might not want to use my main rig anyway....
But the idea of a VM is sound enough I think. Otherwise I have my old i3 Z68 HTPC which would lend itself more to dual boot I guess.
Just thinking out loud. Thanks G.

Windows 10 Build 2004 is—to borrow a phrase—a big bag of hurt. If you haven't already, consider rolling back to Build 1909.

This. If you are offered this download (feature upgrade) DO NOT TAKE IT. It's really horrible and will mess up your PC in many little ways. 1909 is where you should be, 2004 is AFU.

My question is how can you stop Windoze10 updates. I have to go in every 4 days and advance the pause updates manually. I have discovered that some updates can not be uninstalled. I am assuming I have to go back to my install disc and turn off the update feature and figure out where to download the updates I want and install offline.

Are there any downsides to NOT installing 2004?
Well I heard from one member who shall remain Snood - I mean anonymous- that it worked out for him. UNLESS it didn't and I was dreaming!

But getting back to the DTS-HD encoder. People that do this stuff for a living were having problems a year or two ago and I've seen theories about Java/networks/etc that I ain't got a clue about. So none of this might be attributable to Windows. :unsure:

I installed Oracle VirtualBox. Managed to get an actual iso of XP SP3 x64 installed but it was too much hassle for me.
So I installed Windows 7 as a guest inside my Windows 10 2004 host, everything went pretty smooth and I learned a little.
Anyway the point of all this was to get the DTS-HD SAS encoder working inside the guest host, i.e. Windows 7.
I did.
Was able to pass files back and forth, did a successful encode and tested it in Windows 10.
So now there is a path, at least, to use the encoder.
Perhaps at some point I'll tackle the XP as guest inside VirtualBox once again, I really wanted to try and set up Sonic DVDA and see if I could figure it out.
Thanks to HomerJAU for sticking the idea of using a virtual machine in my head.

I was thinking of a dual boot machine so to run some old Sonic software but that would likely be XP...I don't know offhand if the DTS-HD will run on XP.
Because of other considerations I might not want to use my main rig anyway....
But the idea of a VM is sound enough I think. Otherwise I have my old i3 Z68 HTPC which would lend itself more to dual boot I guess.
Just thinking out loud. Thanks G.
DTS-HD encoder will run on XP. (DTS-HD Master Audio Suite & SurCode)

DTS-HD encoder will run on XP. (DTS-HD Master Audio Suite & SurCode)
That is your experience then? That's good to know. I think for now I'll just maintain the Windows 7 VM on the Winows 10 install, perhaps look back into the XP later. I was able to get an XP3.iso in a VM but it was problematic and I was getting pretty annoyed with it.

That is your experience then? That's good to know. I think for now I'll just maintain the Windows 7 VM on the Winows 10 install, perhaps look back into the XP later. I was able to get an XP3.iso in a VM but it was problematic and I was getting pretty annoyed with it.
Yes, I use DTS-Master Audio Suite all the time on my XP PC. I have SurCode too, but don't use it that often.

Yes, I use DTS-Master Audio Suite all the time on my XP PC. I have SurCode too, but don't use it that often.
Well knock on wood, I've not had any problems with Surcode (DTS or MLP). Really, no major problems with DiscWelder either other than the usual bugs I guess.
But I really don't really need an XP setup, that would be only if I wanted to use Sonic's flavor of DVDA authoring, which I'm getting less and less enchanted of attempting.
Thanks!

I got my DTS HD MAS running on Win10 today by installing Java 6 SE (32 bit). You can get the Java 6 runtime from the Oracle website (after registering...)

Last edited:
Back