Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels Live DVD & SD Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice, but I'm expecting the typical concert type mix, we need more studio Stones like GHS in surround.

All DVDs are NTSC, region free and the blu-rays are also all region.
The SD-Blu-ray has LPCM Stereo and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio.
The DVD has Dolby Digital Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound and DTS 5.1 Surround Sound.

Nice, but I'm expecting the typical concert type mix, we need more studio Stones like GHS in surround.

All DVDs are NTSC, region free and the blu-rays are also all region.
The SD-Blu-ray has LPCM Stereo and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio.
The DVD has Dolby Digital Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound and DTS 5.1 Surround Sound.

I'm not a big fan of the previous Stones live stuff:cautious:

I saw this tour LIVE and it was brilliant. Living Colour opened up for them.

See the source image

See the source image

Last edited:
What size was the venue Ralphie, most reports back from friends that have seen the Stones live (large stadium type) say the sound sucked big time?

It was a memorable evening and the sound certainly didn't suck and if it did I would tell you.

The Stones Concert opened up with these huge mechanical wheels turning and the sound was AWESOME.

Those Were The Days!

Last edited:
Probably a Bob Clearmountain mix, as he's done most of their live surround remixing work for the last decade or more.

I put a list of these credits in the Notable MCH Engineers thread, but I don't think they've been added to the database yet.

Just pulled the trigger on this one to try out in BD, saw the concert (small venue) on the Telly and really liked it. The studio album, my fav. RS album, has always been a little bit of a muddy recording IMO (there's some threads over at SHF about that, and SH stated he thought the best version was on the SACD.)
Thanks for the reminder of the "Notable MCH Engineers" thread Dave, that sparked my memory of that one!

https://www.discogs.com/The-Rolling...ve-At-The-Fonda-Theatre-2015/release/10936203

You know I am sorely tempted by this. In 1989 I bought the Steel Wheels cd played it to death even got a few CD singles with B sides (or was that the next album....). I saw the Steel Wheels tour in Los Angeles and was able to go on three of the four nights, Guns and Roses opened for them and one night Eric Clapton was a guest. I loved their performances looking at the audience it seemed like a last gap of the 60s although there were teenagers too. They played Thanksgiving week.

I have the RS IMAX blu-ray. I remember seeing the concert video as a kid. That is the RS I grew up on. I think that was the Voodoo Lounge tour, maybe?
Was this tour similar?
I would answer yes and no to that question.
I think the stones has sounded quite the same from 1989 and forward compared to earlier years.
BUT i also must say that this is the Steel wheels concert i have been hoping for since they started releasing old concerts.
The performance is the best you can get from this tour and they have John Lee Hooker, Eric Clapton and Axl and Izzy from Guns n´roses as guest making very good performances

Back