Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey y'all, it figures that the minute this thing is announced and I post in this thread, a Tropical Storm comes by and obliterates my state! I am now sitting in a parking lot with my laptop connected to my phone to post this. At home I have no power, no phone, no water, etc. It sucks.

When I get back connected I have some great stuff to add to this thread but until then, just order the damn thing!

To everyone else without power, good luck, and we'll be talking soon.

What a nightmare.
Be safe Jon!!

Hey y'all, it figures that the minute this thing is announced and I post in this thread, a Tropical Storm comes by and obliterates my state! I am now sitting in a parking lot with my laptop connected to my phone to post this. At home I have no power, no phone, no water, etc. It sucks.

When I get back connected I have some great stuff to add to this thread but until then, just order the damn thing!

To everyone else without power, good luck, and we'll be talking soon.

What a nightmare.

Worry NOT, Jon......help is on the way to power all your fancy shmancy Electronics and restore order to the Nutmeg State:

See the source image

Slow in Australia as well, but got the order in after about 20 mins. The coupon code worked as well, so yay! International shipping was $15.99. I was going to order two (one for a mate) and shipping for 2 sets was the same as one, so it effectively halves the cost. Despite the lower than expected RRP, the 20% off code and the half price shipping bringing the total to AU$78 he still passed. There's no pleasing some people...
If only id seen this sooner, i would have taken you up on the offer

I never use paypal for these type of transactions because if you make a mistake and want to cancel...you usually can't..
True but if there is a screwup and you don't get delivery, paypal will usually refund you. This is not a major purchase and with all I have read about Rhino CS, I want a buffer. Also, it does protect your cc info.

Ordered off Rhino. Smooth as a baby's bottom. Thanks to the original poster of the coupon code! 58.27$ in total, a no-brainer. Not too familiar with their music other than the hits, and I do have a copy of the DVDA of 'The Captain & Me,' but their music doesn't "wow" me, unfortunately. I'm hoping these discs help me increase my appreciation of the band as a whole, as a few surround recordings have done in the past. Again, wasn't too familiar with Chicago other than their radio-friendly stuff, but now I can't stop listening to them.

Ordered off Rhino. Smooth as a baby's bottom. Thanks to the original poster of the coupon code! 58.27$ in total, a no-brainer. Not too familiar with their music other than the hits, and I do have a copy of the DVDA of 'The Captain & Me,' but their music doesn't "wow" me, unfortunately. I'm hoping these discs help me increase my appreciation of the band as a whole, as a few surround recordings have done in the past. Again, wasn't too familiar with Chicago other than their radio-friendly stuff, but now I can't stop listening to them.

I think you are in for a treat. There's a lot of great deep cuts on these 4 albums, which can't be said about the later Doobie albums. in fact, only a couple of the songs in this set I would call "skippable" - and even those have some first-listen value.

I also just ordered from Rhino, no problems. Good news is the code still works...Thank you to who provided the code. Final cost was $57.72.
It's always nice to save money.
😉

I think you are in for a treat. There's a lot of great deep cuts on these 4 albums, which can't be said about the later Doobie albums. in fact, only a couple of the songs in this set I would call "skippable" - and even those have some first-listen value.

Agreed! So many great album tracks - "Disciple", "Dark-Eyed Cajun Woman", "South City Midnight Lady", "Road Angel", "I Cheat The Hangman", etc.

Back