The GOS Purchase Reminder Calendar

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J. PUPSTER

💿🐕 Senior Disc Chaser 🎸
QQ Supporter
We have the even number GOS order rule for DV titles; and since myself and others here have had a hard time remembering where and when we ordered titles, I thought I'd utilize an Excel spreadsheet Expense Calendar that I like (and use) for major expenses throughout the year. It's a standard template found in Excel that can be modified to fit any need. I'll start using it and see if it helps (unless I forget to post an entry of course :unsure:)

GOS PURCHASE REMINDER.JPG

We have the even number GOS order rule for DV titles; and since myself and others here have had a hard time remembering where and when we ordered titles, I thought I'd utilize an Excel spreadsheet Expense Calendar that I like (and use) for major expenses throughout the year. It's a standard template found in Excel that can be modified to fit any need. I'll start using it and see if it helps (unless I forget to post an entry of course :unsure:)

View attachment 54937
But, but, what's wrong with this picture? The spread sheet has no entries! Fill 'er up pardner.

Here I've input a couple of purchases in the last two days, I highlighted the cells yellow meaning they're on order, and I'll change them to Green once they've been received. You can see the detailed description input that shows up in the upper function line. It also shows the total spent for the month and the year -upper right (built into the template.) Once you've input a few of these it will come pretty quick and easy in the future as you build a mental procedure. Now where's that Devin Townsend order?

GPRC-AUGUST-1.jpg

View attachment 54937

It might be wise, JP, to also include the ORDER NUMBER on your reminder calendar in case you don't receive the item.....happened to me twice in the past 2 weeks and luckily, I did print out all my orders which include ALL INFO PERTAINING TO THE ORDER.

Only Amazon keeps track of your ORDERS and has been invaluable over the years when you can't remember if you ordered a particular item or not.

BTW, in true GOS fashion, I did order two BD~A/CD copies of The Pineapple Thief's Versions of the Truth from two different vendors.....but will probably keep BOTH copies based on Neil's glowing review. Always good to have a back~up as I'm sure this title will be OOP in the not so distant future.

Also, is there a provision for RELEASE DATES, as with this Covid~19 lurking, sometimes release dates are pushed ahead.

Even better, maybe we should all be on Prevagen Drips to boost our failing memories ..... indefinitely!

Last edited:
It might be wise, JP, to also include the ORDER NUMBER on your reminder calendar in case you don't receive the item.....happened to me twice in the past 2 weeks and luckily, I did print out all my orders which include ALL INFO PERTAINING TO THE ORDER.

Only Amazon keeps track of your ORDERS and has been invaluable over the years when you can't remember if you ordered a particular item or not.

BTW, in true GOS fashion, I did order two BD~A/CD copies of The Pineapple Thief's Versions of the Truth from two different vendors.....but will probably keep BOTH copies based on Neil's glowing review. Always good to have a back~up as I'm sure this title will be OOP in the not so distant future.

Also, is there a provision for RELEASE DATES, as with this Covid~19 lurking, sometimes release dates are pushed ahead.

Even better, maybe we should all be on Prevagen Drips to boost our failing memories ..... indefinitely!
Here's a perfect example, thanks Ralphie, I feel like I ordered The Pineapple Thief's Versions of the Truth, but I honestly don't even remember; but if I haven't... well then just more inheritance down the hatch :)

The order number is a good idea!

I just leave the order confirmation in my email inbox until i receive the shipment. Then remove it. No problem knowing what i ordered.
Of course you could make it easy, but where’s the fun in that?
Actually I have several e-mail addresses and with all the junk e-mail I get, combined with there’s not always a description of the item in title info; then I have to start digging too much. I just like to use g-mail, but I’m sure there’s a more intelligent and refined service out there. I’ve created my own Excel templates for many things over the years, so I know it fairly well. To find something it’s only a cntrl+F away. And I’m apparently more than a little anal (says Mrs. Pupster) I like to see what I’ve spent and totals. I’ll continue to tweak and refine this until it’s a well oiled Ex-machina :whistle:

I also have a problem remembering what I already own, starting back in the '80s.
Example: I have two LP copies of 'Diver Down' and 'In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida', oops :(

So I started cataloging what I already have with an ASCII text file, and then later moved to an Excell Spread Sheet.
On the Spread Sheet I color code:
Yellow = on order
Green = want to get

SShot_SSheet.png

The Spread Sheet also includes :
Concerts (I have attended and with who)
Camera Equip. (I photograph with and collect vintage Pentax gear)
Videos (Concert, Movie, Anime)
Audio Equip.
K-Dramas watched

I also have a problem remembering what I already own, starting back in the '80s.
Example: I have two LP copies of 'Diver Down' and 'In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida', oops :(

So I started cataloging what I already have with an ASCII text file, and then later moved to an Excell Spread Sheet.
On the Spread Sheet I color code:
Yellow = on order
Green = want to get

View attachment 54956

The Spread Sheet also includes :
Concerts (I have attended and with who)
Camera Equip. (I photograph with and collect vintage Pentax gear)
Videos (Concert, Movie, Anime)
Audio Equip.
K-Dramas watched
Ha ha... Nice, I built one almost identical to yours awhile back, I know it’s around here somewhere :unsure: I had one column even for the Barcodes, because there’s so many versions out there to get wrong!

Back