The GOS Purchase Reminder Calendar

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have a problem remembering what I already own, starting back in the '80s.
Example: I have two LP copies of 'Diver Down' and 'In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida', oops :(

So I started cataloging what I already have with an ASCII text file, and then later moved to an Excell Spread Sheet.
On the Spread Sheet I color code:
Yellow = on order
Green = want to get

View attachment 54956

The Spread Sheet also includes :
Concerts (I have attended and with who)
Camera Equip. (I photograph with and collect vintage Pentax gear)
Videos (Concert, Movie, Anime)
Audio Equip.
K-Dramas watched
I see you have Ghost Town Parade, do you like that one; I adore his "Say No More" album?

I see you have Ghost Town Parade, do you like that one; I adore his "Say No More" album?
Yes, I like it.
I bought the LP when it was 1st released in the '70s, as I was attracted by the FM Radio play of the song 'Central Park'.
'Ghost Town Parade' is not in my 'Top 100 Favorites', but when I saw it on CD, I did buy it again.
Now you have peaked my interest, I will have to give it a spin soon, and look for a copy of 'Say No More'.

Yes, I like it.
I bought the LP when it was 1st released in the '70s, as I was attracted by the FM Radio play of the song 'Central Park'.
'Ghost Town Parade' is not in my 'Top 100 Favorites', but when I saw it on CD, I did buy it again.
Now you have peaked my interest, I will have to give it a spin soon, and look for a copy of 'Say No More'.
Hmm, just checked out discogs, and I know I have an earlier CD of that release that's not on their list, looks like they overlooked a good one!

https://www.discogs.com/Les-Dudek-Say-No-More/master/245777

I decided to follow Gene's good example and produce a spreadsheet to track what I've bought, cost, when, and when it should arrive/be released and decided to go back to the 1st January this year.

I've calculated that :eek: I've spent £2200 :oops: so far on music (CDs, BDAs, Deluxe Ed., expensive Box Sets) and I am only about 90% of the way through and so I now know why money seemed to have gone astray! 🤫 I don't think I can blame lock-down/Covid either. Maybe I should just leave off the costs :sneaky::rolleyes: good job its the only hobby I have.

I decided to follow Gene's good example and produce a spreadsheet to track what I've bought, cost, when, and when it should arrive/be released and decided to go back to the 1st January this year.

I've calculated that :eek: I've spent £2200 :oops: so far on music (CDs, BDAs, Deluxe Ed., expensive Box Sets) and I am only about 90% of the way through and so I now know why money seemed to have gone astray! 🤫 I don't think I can blame lock-down/Covid either. Maybe I should just leave off the costs :sneaky::rolleyes: good job its the only hobby I have.
If you had bought three copies of each of the Tull/Steve Wilson 5.1's, waited a couple of years and then sold two of them, that would've easily paid for the Tulls and plenty more. And just imagine if you had done the same with the Floyd Immersion boxes!

Dunc, I'd be MORE concerned about how many caloric £'s you either shed or ADDED during this ghastly pandemic?

See the source image

TASTE MAKES WAIST

Last edited:
Even though she looks GREAT for her age [LOVE to know who her plastic surgeon is], Jane is NOW 82!

See the source image

I dunno. To be honest, she doesn't look like she's had PS. There are SO many artists who get PS, and man oh man, it totally changes their appearance. I just don't see it. It's very possible she's simply aging wonderfully.

I dunno. To be honest, she doesn't look like she's had PS. There are SO many artists who get PS, and man oh man, it totally changes their appearance. I just don't see it. It's very possible she's simply aging wonderfully.

You could be right, Gene. After all, she was a renowned fitness guru during the 80's and probably avoided California's scorching sun and with face creams, etc., make~up and wigs, probably why Ms Jane has successfully pulled off grace and beauty at age 82!

OTOH, Barry Manilow at 77 .... Yikes!

See the source image

Back