Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered and it was FAST...and the coupon code still worked...in case you don't want to hunt for the code....YR2TFVAUWJTG AND THE SITE

WOW....$58.95 with the code....what a steal...this might have taken a long time...but well worth the wait...I hope Rhino sells a TON of these..
Same. Thank you for pointing us in the right direction. Apparently I'm the 114 bazillionth person to order so they better press a TON of these! I DIG THE QQ COMMUNITY! Thanks again, Clint.

I am really interested in Toulouse Street. That has to be the $#!+. I have Captain & Me on DVD-Audio and really like it. In your opinion do you prefer the Quad or 5.1? I personally love the Quads of Dark Side & Wish more than the 5.1 mixes.
It will most definitely be the $#!+.

I can hardly contain my excitement

0305101D-4339-4504-B4C1-90030C1A73D8.gif

Last edited:
I am really interested in Toulouse Street. That has to be the $#!+. I have Captain & Me on DVD-Audio and really like it. In your opinion do you prefer the Quad or 5.1? I personally love the Quads of Dark Side & Wish more than the 5.1 mixes.
I have all the Doobie Quads via Q4 transfers. My favorite, and the most interesting mix to my ears, is Vices. Black Water is a true quad classic.

That really sucks Jon....Hope you didnt suffer any property damage.....Take care

To Mike and all: Power is back! Whew! Talk about a total disconnect. Anyway, thanks to everyone for the thoughts. I am sure they helped. Lots of branches down but not trees in my yard. A few houses over a mighty oak fell onto a Toyota! It was literally split in half. I always wondered how someone could get killed in a car by a tree. Now I know. I should have taken a picture of that (No, there was no one in the car, fortunately)

Now back to the Doobies. As we old timers know, these 4 albums (well, maybe the first three of them), were highly sought out on both LP and Q8 back in the '70s, and probably along with "Paranoid" and "Machine Head", they were the most popular of the Warner group quad product. Hearing them in perfect 24/192 directly from the masters is going to be sweet. And with all due respect to the folks who did tremendous jobs of converting the tapes and LPs of these albums, from Tad to romanotrax and the others who did conversions for themselves, it's just not going to be possible for them to be of the same quality as these BluRays.

BUT, and this is a big but (Not that kind of butt), if you can't afford these (no matter how inexpensive they are), and you are happy with your originals (or conversions of them), there is no shame in staying with what you have. 95% of the population are happy with MP3's and download services. It's only our small percentage of wacko's that even care about this stuff.

And that poster at 'The Second Disc', well................ F Him. If he don't like it, he don't have to buy it. It's the same whiney folks who poo-poo what others may want just because they don't.

Let him go listen to his phone! :)

I am really interested in Toulouse Street. That has to be the $#!+.

It's a lot of fun - I'm pretty confident you'll enjoy it :)
"Listen To The Music" kicks off with a lone acoustic guitar in the front right channel, then blasts out into full immersion with the drums in front left, lead vocal in the center, bass guitar in the rears (remember these were mixed for four full-range speakers), and a piano in rear right. The opening riff to "Rockin' Down The Highway" is squarely in the rear channels. The intro to "Cotton Mouth" swirls around the room. There's even a fun bit in "Jesus Is Just Alright" where the vocals jump to the rears.

So I just ordered mine from the Rhino website. It took about a minute, paying with PayPal, and oh, whoever came up with the discount code - THANKS!

It was a bit strange at the end of the transaction. It wanted me to create an account/enter a password (after the transaction was done), and when I did, it said I already had one, so I skipped that part because I really don't care about that, and then I got dumped out without a confirmation page on the order. But like others have stated above, I did receive an email from Rhino confirming the order, and from PayPal, so I guess I'm good to go!

I will report back on the shipping time as there are a few folks here and at SHF trashing their shipping. I did not have issues with Rhino before when I ordered special stuff from them (James Taylor box, etc), but who knows. The USPS is in a state of disarray.

Thank you for the coupon and link-I just ordered it and the coupon and link worked. The total cost(discount($12), tax($3.85) and shipping tax($6.99) was $58.82 I was living in S.California in 1974-76 - Doobie Bros. were especially popular. Strangely, I never bought one album, so this should make up for decades and a time warp. It'll be as fresh as hearing them for the first time. I'm not currently configured with quad equipment, but I'll get there. This is a great group of people here and I love the help. Thank you again. Another oldster, but I'm still foolin' em. :)

Thank you for the coupon and link. I was living in S.California in 1974-76 - Doobie Bros. were especially popular. Strangely, I never bought one album, so this should make up for decades and I think the experience is going to be as fresh as hearing them for the first time. I'm not currently configured with quad equipment, but I'll get there. Great group of people here and love the help. Another oldster, but I'm still foolin' em. :)

Even if you're not yet set up for quad/surround, the stereo 24/192 should be, shall we say, "Stunning!" (and NOT Silverline stunning, REAL stunning)

Not much of a Doobie Brothers fan and would say the same thing about Chicago. I did buy the Chicago box and am so glad I did I really grew to really enjoy Chicago. Just watching this over which seemed like forever for this box set to come out. I was amazed at the persistent of this group to constantly push and not give up. I may not be a big fan of this group but I would be remiss in not supporting QQs amazing effort and just like Chicago I might grow to like them. I am looking forward to it and thank you

Back