QUADIO DOOBIES - Exclusive First Look at the box

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
OK, y'all. Here is your first look at the upcoming Quadio Doobie Brothers Box Set. Thanks to Steve Woolard of Rhino graciously sending me an advance copy (it just showed up, I had no idea, and no power!) I have it in hand and have it all scoped out. This thing is FIRST CLASS ALL THE WAY!!

The design is simple yet elegant. The discs are easy to get at and get out, and they're just as easy to put back. And getting them in and out does not take a toll on the packaging, as is the case in so many fancy expensive sets these days.

The discs come in replica album sleeves of a very high quality, sturdy buggers they are. The discs themselves are in a clear plastic sleeve inserted into an inner sleeve, then into the album jacket replica. These appear to be exact duplicates of the original CD-4 Quadradisc albums, so you get the whole 'QuadaDisc' info sleeve on all of them except "Stampede", which came with the lyric sleeve as that release appeared at the end of the quad era. And how cool is it to see, after almost 45 years, the Quadradisc logo on the album outer sleeves. It was always a treat to be leafing through albums in a store and stumble on one with the logo on it.

The box itself is well made and should hold up to many openings, so not to worry about that at all!

Anyway, here's a look at the box, then the discs:

FRONT VIEW:

001-QuadioBoxFront-WM.jpg

BACK VIEW:

002-QuadioBoxBack-WM.jpg

CONTENTS OF THE BOX - THE ALBUMS!!

003-QuadioContents-WM.jpg

THE INNER INFO SHEET

004-QuadioInsert-WM.jpg

003-QuadioBox-WM.jpg

The Captain and Me

Comes in a replica gatefold album jacket with the original Quadradisc graphics on the front. The inner sleeve is the traditional WEA Quadradisc info sleeve with the text and graphics all "ABOUT THIS QUADRADISC" by Ivan Berger. The BluRay disc itself is inside a clear plastic sleeve of its own. They all fit together nicely.

101-Captain Sleeve.jpg

101-Captain Disc.jpg

Last edited:
What Were Once Vices are Now Habits

Comes in a replica single album jacket with the original Quadradisc graphics on the front. The inner sleeve is the traditional WEA Quadradisc info sleeve with the text and graphics all "ABOUT THIS QUADRADISC" by Ivan Berger. The BluRay disc itself is inside a clear plastic sleeve of its own. They all fit together nicely.

This album sleeve contains the large, fold out poster that you can see in the Rhino unboxing photo and in a post further down in this thread

103-Vices Sleeve.jpg

103-Vices Disc.jpg

Toulouse Street

Comes in a replica gatefold album jacket with the original Quadradisc graphics on the front. The inner sleeve is the traditional WEA Quadradisc info sleeve with the text and graphics all "ABOUT THIS QUADRADISC" by Ivan Berger. The BluRay disc itself is inside a clear plastic sleeve of its own. They all fit together nicely.

102-Toulouse Sleeve.jpg

102-Toulouse Disc.jpg

Last edited:
Stampede

Comes in a replica gatefold album jacket with the original Quadradisc graphics on the front. The inner sleeve is a replica of the original album inner sleeve, this one came with a lyric sleeve instead of the QuadraDisc variety. The BluRay disc itself is inside a clear plastic sleeve of its own. They all fit together nicely.

104-Stampede Sleeve.jpg

104-Stampede Disc.jpg

OK, y'all. Here is your first look at the upcoming Quadio Doobie Brothers Box Set. Thanks to Steve Woolard of Rhino graciously sending me an advance copy (it just showed up, I had no idea, and no power!) I have it in hand and have it all scoped out. This thing is FIRST CLASS ALL THE WAY!!

The design is simple yet elegant. The discs are easy to get at and get out, and they're just as easy to put back. And getting them in and out do not take a toll on the packaging, as is the case in so many fancy expensive sets these days.

The discs come in replica album sleeves of a very high quality, sturdy buggers they are. The discs themselves are in a clear plastic sleeve inserted into an inner sleeve, then into the album jacket replica. These appear to be exact duplicates of the original CD-4 Quadradisc albums, so you get the whole 'QuadaDisc' info sleeve on all of them except "Stampede", which came with the lyric sleeve as that release appeared at the end of the quad era.

The box itself is strong and will hold up to many openings, so not to worry about that!

Anyway, here's a look at the box, then the discs:

FRONT VIEW:

View attachment 54993

BACK VIEW:

View attachment 54994

CONTENTS OF THE BOX - THE ALBUMS!!

View attachment 54995

THE INNER INFO SHEET

View attachment 54996

View attachment 54997

"Box set produced by Steve Woolard": here's hoping we see that credit on many more projects in years to come.

What a treat, Jon! (Lucky dog!) Thanks to you and @Steel Woole for tantalizing us.

Where's the poster? Didn't they throw a poster in the Vices sleeve? I love that poster!

For Steve and the rest of you, here is the poster that comes in the "Vices" sleeve, along with a look at the inner QuadraDisc sleeve as well. You can judge the size of the poster by comparing it with the Quadio Box and disc.

Quadio Poster 1.jpg

Back