QUADIO DOOBIES - Exclusive First Look at the box

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We kids will all respectfully stay off of your lawn, Jon. (Except late at night, when we're crouching beneath your window, trying to get a peep of that new box set.)

See the source image

BESIDES, URBAN'S SUBURBAN QUADrant IS DOOBIE TRAPPEDšŸ’£

Last edited:
Thanks for the big reveal Jon. Looks great AND it looks like they will fit nicely on my shelf. And thanks for your comments, it's a reminder to me that positivity about others is the best worldview. No, it's not a conspiracy. No, "they" are not all greedy. A lot of folks really care about and have passion for the artistry of what they do, not just about the money. Seek them out and encourage them, and don't feed the monsters, neither the internal ones, or the external ones.

I am not a big fan of the pre-Michael McDonald Doobies and was not planning on getting this (among many other new releases that I am DEFINITELY not interested in)
BUT
This post has changed my mind and I will succumb!

Thanks Jon...
I cannot count the number of times Iā€™ve succumbed to making unplanned purchases because of the enthusiasm on this forum. Iā€™ve resisted... hemmed and hawed...and caved! This is not the place to hang out if one is a Quadraholics Anonymous member.

(Not this Quadio, mind you. I bought it as soon as the Rhino site cooperated.)

Here are some rough screen shots of the menus on my living room system. (Sorry for the herringbone on Captain. There is still a lot of recovery around here from the storm)

The menus are clean and simple. Once you put the disc in it goes right to the screens below which display a track list and the audio choice. It's nice to see that the quad is the top choice and the default because after all, this is a QUADIO!!!

TOULOUSE STREET
201-Toulouse Menu-web.jpg

THE CAPTAIN AND ME
203-Captain-web.jpg

WHAT WERE ONCE VICES ARE NOW HABITS

202-Vices Menu-web.jpg

STAMPEDE
204-Stampede Menu-web.jpg

Here are some rough screen shots of the menus on my living room system. (Sorry for the herringbone on Captain. There is still a lot of recovery around here from the storm)

The menus are clean and simple. Once you put the disc in it goes right to the screens below which display a track list and the audio choice. It's nice to see that the quad is the top choice and the default because after all, this is a QUADIO!!!

TOULOUSE STREET
View attachment 55050

THE CAPTAIN AND ME
View attachment 55051

WHAT WERE ONCE VICES ARE NOW HABITS
View attachment 55052

STAMPEDE
View attachment 55053
OMG, that Toulouse Street graphic spread across the whole TV screen is amazing!

not sure I want to look at a UHD shot of John Hartmannā€™s massive thigh on my 65ā€ screen for 40 minutes though. o_O
This is when I will really appreciate the "audio only" option on my Oppo, LOL. :p

It is sort of a PG-13 screen shot I guess, but since it's about the music, start the play, turn off the screen... and "Listen To The Music!"

Back