Chris Squire "Fish Out Of Water" 5.1 mix (Blu-Ray Edition out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, just the ability to buy more music with the money you saved on not buying a big box.

My observation concerned whether there was any reason for box buyers to consider buying this. The answer appears to be no.

If, for example, there was a new mix that e.g., restored the missing bass part in 'Safe (Canon Song), then the answer could be yes. Ditto if the video transfer of the promo films was from a better source.

What's funny is that the promo text up there makes zero mention that everything on the BluRay appears to have been released before. Including the 'new' mixes.

I thought this new one has higher resolution and a new mix or is it Lossy? :unsure:

"WITH NEW 96 KHZ / 24-BIT 5.1 SURROUND & STEREO MIXES FROM THE MULTI-TRACK MASTER TAPES BY JAKKO JAKSZYK & THE ORIGINAL STEREO MIX"

They just copied that description from the original box set listing. It's the same 5.1 and 2.0 remixes as before, but probably in a lossless codec this time as they're using Blu-Ray. Thrilled to have it, as I wanted to hear the 5.1 but couldn't justify the cost of the big box.

They just copied that description from the original box set listing. It's the same 5.1 and 2.0 remixes as before, but probably in a lossless codec this time as they're using Blu-Ray. Thrilled to have it, as I wanted to hear the 5.1 but couldn't justify the cost of the big box.
So is that false advertising then?

Last edited:
Well, why not for only 12 quid?
Not as though I already have the original LP from '75 ... then the first CD release ... then the Deluxe CD/DVD release ... and then what I thought would be the final: the Deluxe Box Set. o_O

Here's hoping it'll be followed up with, as reported, Anderson getting Wilson to do "Olias" in 5.1. 🤞

Did not buy the box because it contained vinyl.
I did write to cherry red expressing my disappointment at the time and telling them I did not want vinyl so I would not buy it. So I hope it was me sowing the seeds at least in some small part which prompted this needless to say I have now purchased this from Cherry Reds Web site

Back