Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NOW Streaming on Amazon Prime: Alejandro Jodorowsky's DUNE ....... or what could've been had the eccentric director of El Topo and The Holy Mountain been able to helm Frank Herbert's classic science fiction novel DUNE

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/0TN23XE3A8U654OR5NX5LWDGGM/ref=pe_30962300_523588020__3

See the source image
I saw the 'original' Dune (the books are so much better!) in the cinema midwinter in freezing cold weather, and the cinema's heating system had failed, so watching a film full of hot desert scenes whilst shivering in a coat! :LOL:

I saw the 'original' Dune (the books are so much better!) in the cinema midwinter in freezing cold weather, and the cinema's heating system had failed, so watching a film full of hot desert scenes whilst shivering in a coat! :LOL:

Most unfortunately, David Lynch's production of DUNE was ill conceived and generally panned by both critics and fans of the book.

This 2014 documentary details Alejandro Jodorowsky's sprawling vision, which was in pre~production for over two years and a cast which included Salvatore Dali and Orson Welles. Too bad it never reached fruition.

Most unfortunately, David Lynch's production of DUNE was ill conceived and generally panned by both critics and fans of the book.

This 2014 documentary details Alejandro Jodorowsky's sprawling vision, which was in pre~production for over two years and a cast which included Salvatore Dali and Orson Welles. Too bad it never reached fruition.
It was difficult watching a film of a book series especially as I have such vivid mental images from reading them (the whole series 3 times!)

It was difficult watching a film of a book series especially as I have such vivid mental images from reading them (the whole series 3 times!)

VERY VERY RARELY do motion pictures ever do justice to beloved novels. A mini series under 'capable' direction is usually the perceived way to film these epic novels.

Perhaps one day DUNE will be capably lensed especially with all the amazing advances in CGI........

If you've ever seen any of Jodorowsky's films [El Topo/Magic Mountain] and with the limitation of special effects at the time, doubtful even he would've satisfied the demands of DUNE, as written.

NOW Streaming on Amazon Prime: Alejandro Jodorowsky's DUNE ....... or what could've been had the eccentric director of El Topo and The Holy Mountain been able to helm Frank Herbert's classic science fiction novel DUNE

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/0TN23XE3A8U654OR5NX5LWDGGM/ref=pe_30962300_523588020__3

See the source image

I have to say, I was absolutely mesmerized by this incredible documentary. At 84 years of age when this doc was made, Jodorowsky was 84 years YOUNG and is an exuberant story teller.

If this film was actually made in the 70's with all the incredible talent this visionary director had assembled, it might have been one of the greatest sci fi epics ever committed to celluloid.

Do watch it. You won't be sorry.

This thread is becoming useless. It has degenerated into a simple list of people's jpgs of film boxes with surround tracks on the back. Heck, we've been able to get that since Blockbuster was still in business.

Couldn't anybody be bothered to suggest what makes the surround mixes on the film discs worthy of purchase? A favorite moment of actual 5.1 or 7.1 presentation? The availability of perhaps a popular track of music not otherwise available in surround, but can be found in any of these movies?

Or, even bothered to comment on their own experience with the surround track personally? None of you appear to have any real information to offer to indicate that you have even seen these films.

This is just a random string of titles, with no reason for people to keep looking into this thread. Come on, you can do better than this.

On the other hand, if you are a film distributor just looking to spam a niche film and audio board with free ads for your films, apparently this is your place. 👎

Back