Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the very rare Warner Japan single~layered Stereo SHM~SACDs [Bill Evans: You Must Believe In Spring]. All future Warner Stereo SACDs, including pop, jazz and Classical are Hybrid SACDs!

See the source image

Last edited:
Unlike 4-earredwonder who has some hot news I just have a personal opinion. I recently got Simon and Garfunkel's "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme" Mobile Fidelity release so I could save on shipping. The other disc was Johnny Cash, the primary purchase. I have listened to the 2001 release of this release many, many times and had no problem with it but after listening to the Mobile Fidelity SACD release of it I'm sorry I took so long to order it. The sound is just so much more soothing. I will comment about the Johnny Cash SACD later but with no processing, audessy, it is superb.

I haven't seen a Rainbow today but man did we have a very rare San Francisco lightning and thunder show last night, from 3am to around 7am, very cool, with a little rain also.
Well if one Rainbow is good two is always better, 1978's Long Live Rock N' Roll SHM SACD released 10/27/2010, I purchased in 2015. If Rising is a bit bright this is not, same great wide sound stage at 60db.
R-3201910-1320262233.jpeg.jpg

Anyone have any pointers on the Aerosmith "Yeah! Ultimate Aerosmith Hits SACD? I know its only Stereo. I'd appreciate it

Also the Stones "Sticky Fingers" SACD SHM as well as The Who "Who's Next" SACD SHM as well as OzzFest SACD and The Concert For New York City SACD which I know are both 5.1 but aren't on the Surround Poll anywhere.

Last edited:
Anyone have any pointers on the Aerosmith "Yeah! Ultimate Aerosmith Hits SACD? I know its only Stereo. I'd appreciate it

Also the Stones "Sticky Fingers" SACD SHM as well as The Who "Who's Next" SACD SHM

Regarding the Aerosmith Greatest Hits Stereo SACD ...... a very solid release. Was able to get it for under $14 in 2007

Available at DISCOGS [2 Stereo SACDs] starting @ $50

https://www.discogs.com/Aerosmith-O-Yeah-Ultimate-Aerosmith-Hits/release/2016071
51G7Y1PZA7L.jpg

Last edited:
It has been a few weeks since I posted in this thread. I'll list my spins in a moment.

First, a few comments:
Miles' Jack Johnson - the two covers were used on the original LP as front & back. IMHO, Miles' best album. I have over 500 Miles discs, many are doubles. I bought this on cassette, Japan CD, Japan SACD & Complete Columbia Albums 70CD/1 DVD. Japan SACD has black front cover.

Miles' Filles de Kilamanjaro - Bought this CD, Japan SACD & Complete Columbia. Though they all sound very good, IMHO US 7 1/2 ips reel is still sonically best. I haven't heard the MoFi.

I bought the Garcia/Grisman when it came out on CD. The SACD is a revelation. It has been getting heavy rotation. Great performance & Fidelity!

Aerosmith' Oh, Yeah! 2 SACD sounds good, although I hadn't bought it on another format. I've owned these songs on SQ, LP, CD's and expanded CD's in 13 CD Box of Fire. Also got a Live Bootleg 2 LP promo when I worked for CBS. My Oh, Yeah! SACD's came in a Gold "Multichannel" slipcover. They are only 2ch.

Body & Soul - Joe Jackson have been wearing this one out. Great sonics, great music.

Baby, I'm a Want You - Bread I bought the excellent MoFi SACD & US CD. I prefer it on CD-4.

Santana III - I would like a Quad SACD of this. I've bought this on SQ (2x), Q8, CD, expanded CD, expanded 2 CD and MoFi SACD. MoFi sounds excellent. SQ is best, but lacks bass.

J. Geils' Morning After SACD - good tunes, although a bit muddy. So is the CD.

Dire Straits' Making Movies IS their best album, IMHO. Bought it on LP, Japan LP, German CD & Japan SACD. I haven't heard the MoFi SACD. Japan SACD sounds great.

4 weeks ago this coming Friday, I had hoped to p/u at Music Direct. Foolishly, I told them to send it. I live in the Northern 'burbs of Chicago. They're on the far North side of Chicago. Still haven't seen the Johnny Cash mono SACD. They've been sucessful slowing the mail!

Haven't properly a/b'ed the 2 Dead SACD's. I had them pre-ordered. Bought them on LP, CD & in 12 CD Beyond Description box. I also bought Mars on MoFi 1/2 speed LP, MoFi silver CD.

Some great Miles stuff; Big Fun, ESP.

I've been spinning:
Body & Soul - Joe Jackson
Infidels - Dylan SACD (2nd SACD), I also have as part of 14 CD SACD Collection. Essential.
Davis Cup - Walter Davis
Hootin' & Tootin' - Fred Jackson
Blowin' the Blues Away - Horace Silver
Introducing Johnny Griffin

Last edited:
I've been 'scoffing up' all those Universal Hong Kong 'pressed in Japan' Stereo SACDs and just added The Human League's 'Don't You Want Me: The Collection' and Culture Club Greatest Hits.

To my ears and on my system, so far none of them disappoint, content wise and sonically.

61loRAS%2BpiL._SL1280_.jpg
71Fbph6XbQL._SL1280_.jpg

Last edited:
Another absolutely stellar list Linda, many of those have been in my player too in recent weeks, been on a bit of a MoFi binge of late.
The Geils wasn’t perfect but better than expected given the reviews.
I pray MoFi does more

My GF Heidi turned me on to Ladies Invited in '73. Would love that one and their first on Atlantic on SACD.

Another absolutely stellar list Linda, many of those have been in my player too in recent weeks, been on a bit of a MoFi binge of late.
The Geils wasn’t perfect but better than expected given the reviews.
I pray MoFi does more

Back