What's your latest earworm???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just heard this new song tonight....and it's so growing on me. Given that Toto is currently on "extended hiatus", this new single from Steve Lukather is as close as it gets to having the band back together. Co-written by Lukather, David Paich, and Joseph Williams, and features a drummer named Ringo, "Run To Me" doesn't sound like a Toto song though.

I just heard this new song tonight....and it's so growing on me. Given that Toto is currently on "extended hiatus", this new single from Steve Lukather is as close as it gets to having the band back together. Co-written by Lukather, David Paich, and Joseph Williams, and features a drummer named Ringo, "Run To Me" doesn't sound like a Toto song though.

Cool, I like it too. It doesn't hurt that I dig both Lukather and Ringo.

As someone who came of age in the 80s, artists from that era hold a special place in my heart. Recently, the Go-Go's released the band's first new in 19 years....and the song promptly goes Top 10 on Billboard's Digital Rock Songs Sales chart.

I present "Club Zero" by the Go-Go's....

Ah...another 80's guy...maybe you should call Gos...he was HUGE in the 80's...he had the music and of course the car.....just saying :whistle: :cool:

Spent about 3 hours shoveling snow a coupla nights ago, mostly chopping away at the gnarly shit the snowplows "delivered" onto the 150-foot stretch of sidewalk in front of our building. Pink Floyd was banging around in my noggin the whole time as I chopped my way through:

Shine <chop!> on <chop!> you cra- <chop!> -aaa- <chop!> -zy diamond!! <chop chop chop chop!!>

I was thinking, man - as soon as I finish this nonsense, I'm gonna go inside, fix a nice hot cup of something and crank that tune up! Sheeit. First thing I did when I finally got back in was climb out of my sweat-soaked clothes and fall into bed! :sleep:

Last night I had all kinds of Sabbath/Dio songs going around in my head, mostly from "Heaven and Hell"...
but...
The Muses had other plans..

was dreaming I was somewhere in Europe where they spoke a weird mixture of Italian, English, Russian and started hearing a GREAT song in a very Talking Heads meets King Crimson vein ("Larry can Dance" was the chorus! ...or something like that...)

But then I heard this lovely woman's voice singing a beautiful ballad in that strange language and I was smart enough to keep hearing and repeating it and then ..
I woke up, turned on Logic, hooked up my Arturia keyboard and plugged my Neumann and started recording it...

It's a beautiful song but I feel like McCartney after he wrote "Scrambled eggs/Yesterday" -no, I am nowhere near as good as him but..- I am worried that I stole it from someone...now, if it BECOMES somewhere NEAR as popular as "Yesterday", I would be VERY happy..not to say quite wealthy....hahahaha!!!!

So on October 1, 1975, at the tender age of 9, I was allowed to see my first rock concert. Elton John at the Tucson Community Center. I was obsessed with Elton at the time. Even though I was only 9 I had every one of his albums. At the show he told the crowd that he had a new album coming out shortly, Rock of the Westies. The next day I called the record store to find out the release date. And sure enough, on release date I was at the store to buy it. (On 8-track!). This was the first time I ever made a point of buying an album on release date. I played the tape to death. A decade later I was starting to build a CD collection, a hobby which of course continues to this day. For some reason, I have never purchased Westies on CD. So I haven't heard the album in decades. Then a few moths ago for Chanukah, my brother gave me the new Jewel Box compilation. It's got two CDs of Elton's favorites deep cuts, one of which is the Westies track "Street Kids". OMG, I had forgotten what a killer tune this is. I have been playing it non-stop, and trying to learn to play that really fast piano hook.

An amusing aside, I went to the concert with my brother who was three years older than me. We were allowed to go without adult supervision. Years later, my sister (who is eight years older than me) told me that my parents were hesitant to let me and my brother go to a rock show. They had a vision of rock concerts being all drugs and violence. So they asked my sister, who had seen a few concerts by this time, what went on at concerts. My sister told them that if my brother and I wanted to see The Rolling Stones or The Who that it would be a bad idea. But Elton was a tenny-bopper act; everyone at the concert would be kids our age. So we were allowed to go. Needless to say, the audience was significantly older than we were. No violence, but I did have to ask my brother what that funny cigarette was that the guy a few seats down was smoking. My brother realized that the guy I pointed to was his Spanish teacher. Recently my brother and I were reminiscing about the show. He told me that his Spanish teacher's name was Jon Urban! @JonUrban, don't suppose you were teaching 8th grade Spanish in Arizona in 1975? 🤪

Here's a photo from the Tucson paper:

583e0df914abe.image.jpg

Last edited:
Back